Gym etiquette

Options
I think when gym’s sign up new members they should give them a gym etiquette lesson along with the tour of the gym. Maybe post up signs too for old members to remind them of things like:

Rerack your weights

Don’t stare

Don’t interrupt people when they are in the middle of a set

Wipe equipment don’t after use (nobody wants to lay in your sweat & dandruff)

If the row of cardio machines is empty, don’t get right next to the one person on the treadmill.

Don’t think it’s okay to use 3 machines at the same time when people are waiting to use them.

If you are just sitting on a machine to use your phone or chit chat with your friend. Get off of it until you are ready to use it.

I’m sure I’ll get criticized for this post. But it honestly seems like common sense & courtesy to me.

Replies

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    heytimsla wrote: »
    Listen we start a BS accreditation service and people can get GYM police certified and we sell it to gyms. You in ?

I’m in!
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, i like to lift heavy, but i put back my weights.... Hate when they do not re-rack weights....
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    If you believe the problem is a lack of knowledge, then your suggestion would work. However, if the problem is a lack of caring, it won't. I often will sit on the bench press bench, stand by the weights at the squat rack, keep my barbell at my feet during curls or barbell rows, between sets , but will yield to a "work in" request if made.

Well in the instances you mentioned it sounds like you are still using the equipment. I’m talking about people who are finished with their work out or finished in a certain area of the gym and just leave everything they took out to use everywhere.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    martinirun wrote: »
    Paint guns. You're allowed 3 paint balls to hit your fellow gym mates- so use them judiciously. When a person gets 3 paint splatters they're forbidden to use the gym for one week.

Another amazing suggestion!