The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• rsimons0133
    rsimons0133 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally middle age and feeling it. How do you stay on a schedule? I got out of one and now trying hard to go back on…
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Ha, versi!! You brought yours to MFP!!!!! Lol. Keep em outa fun and games...haha!!!

@rsimons0133. My opinion? And just that. It is all self motivation. The MFP family is great, and supportive and a very cool thing, but at the end of it all, the only one that will actually make you work out or stay on schedule is you. You have to do it for yourself and love yourself in doing it. Have a great time with it. Make it fun!! Make it rewarding for accomplishing goals. We will give you all the support and love but you are the one dragging your *kitten* to workout, and you are the one that knows how accurate that tracking.

Now look, you went and made me all preachy!!!! Haha!! Have an awesome Thursday!!!!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I did, didn't I? I love you mommy!!!
  • mashbour
    mashbour Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm 53 and doing the one3one diet with Chalene Johnson. Eating clean with lower carbs.
    Feeling great and this app really helps track the food properly!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Second time this week all four Wattbikes (fairly sophisticated indoor bike trainers) at my gym have been in use by people like me in their 50's not just exercising but training seriously - I find that quite inspiring.

Just a shame I was the 4th one to get there and there were only three cooling fans so I got a workout and a sauna all in one go.
  • brasseur48
    brasseur48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey 47 and getting better and better almost 40 lbs lost
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    51 6'3 255 lbs. ......but do you lift?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all. Bitter cold here and I can't warm up. I did hear that one can burn 100 calories during 15 minutes of shivering. If that were the case, I would be wasting away. :p:D
  • jlmdbm123
    jlmdbm123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am New here and looking for dieting support. I am a 50 year old female.... Add me please. Thanks
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Who doesn't lift ?????? ;P
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Who doesn't lift ?????? ;P

Uh, I mean move tonnage, bend bars etc.

• shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey old timers, happy Thursday :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Who you callin old? lol I'm so sensitive today.
  • dgthom72
    Options
    Win ya zilla!!!!! Us young bucks!!!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! To make a stressful situation worse!! I'm glad he's out and in recovery

Thanks Versi
  • dgthom72
    Options

Darn youngsters coming in our room dropping well wishes and leaving..... get back to your 20 something’s @shenanigans_
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    dgthom72 wrote: »

Darn youngsters coming in our room dropping well wishes and leaving..... get back to your 20 something’s @shenanigans_

Oh I see what you did there. 41 and sorta proud :)
  • dgthom72
    Options
    Caught me. You know me and my shenanigans...... Hey......wait a minute......

Be proud. We have all earned it!!!! My mistake. It was the ears that threw me!!!

Happy Friday eve youngsters!!!!!!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! What does everyone have planned for the weekend? Something fun I hope. My boys are (probably) going to their dad for the weekend and I am going up to my aunt so we can plant some flowers around my uncles grave. And check on the beehives
  • franni01
    franni01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!! :-) add me to keep me accountable please! 55 y o and struggling! :D:#