12/9 - 3 miles
    12/10 - 7 miles
    12/11 – 0 miles
    12/12 - 6 miles
    12/13 – 0 miles chest cold
    12/14 – 5 miles

44 of 100 miles

exercise.png

27F/-2C this morning – hello I live in Alabama we can stop the cold now. No wind makes for a very lovely run. First day in long tights, I brought a cheapo pair of tights at Academy the other day, love them, long enough, perfect weight and I didn’t have to pull them up once while running, woohoo!

Still hacking from the cough. It’s so weird I truly feel fine until around 8:00 at night I start to feel crappy, but I’m just coughing. I really get the weirdest type of sick. Yesterday I had some rattle in my lungs, that is gone. I coughed almost all night waking me up around 2:00, but I didn’t cough once while running. Now I’m coughing again ha ha I just need to keep running.

@ddmom0811 double gloves, girl I’ve done that more than once.
    @hanlonsk I agree with @Elise4270 when rest doesn’t fix the problem it’s doctor time.

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    12/1-P90X CVX and yoga
    12/2-rest day
    12/3-8.3 miles
    12/4- P90X3 Warrior
    12/5-30 min strength training +20 min stationary bike
    12/6- 5.8 miles+ P90X3 Dynamix
    12/7-6.1 miles + 25 minutes strength
    12/8- P90X3 Synergistics
    12/9- rest day
    12/10-10 miles
    12/11-5.7 miles total including 0.5 w/Stella
    12/12-30 minutes strength training +P90X3 yoga
    12/13- unintended rest day

I skipped my planned P90X3 Agility workout last night to hang with my husband who had been out of town since Monday. We ran errands (I got a new phone!) and had dinner at Chili's (ok, yuk, but it was the most convenient option at 9PM). It was worth sacrificing the workout, but I am now planning to double up on the P90X workouts tomorrow morning. That's a lot of Tony Horton at 6AM. For those of you who have not seen these workouts, he is a bit over the top in terms of energy level. This evening I will run and do some strength training. I am not looking forward to the run. The wind lately has been just brutal. Today it's 20mph with gusts up to 40. I don't mind the cold, but I hate the wind!

@Elise4270 - Sorry about your surgery situation, but I am glad to hear you have a plan to take care of this. I hope it is the long term solution you have been needing! Good luck!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Very slushy messy today. Considering doing 6 miles uphill on dreadmill instead of dealing with it.

Just run it.

Thank you for not failing to meet my expectations of your reaction. :lol:

Slush over TM any day.

Couple-few more inches of snow have fallen this morning. Will have to evaluate again later, assuming I can get away from work, before making the final call. But a trip to Cracker Barrel last night means I have some banked calories to burn hehe
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Very slushy messy today. Considering doing 6 miles uphill on dreadmill instead of dealing with it.

Just run it.

oh c'mon - you only posted to get a reaction @PastorVincent .

Who me? *innocent puppy dog eyes*
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 I'm so glad you are getting fixed up soon!

Walking went well yesterday but last night my knee was tight. I rolled my quads and wow, instant difference in the quad at least. Woke up with sore hips again. I won't be running any time soon anyway, so I'll keep working on it.

@pastorvincent I love your calorie banking logic :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Just run it.

Slush over TM any day.

Couple-few more inches of snow have fallen this morning. Will have to evaluate again later, assuming I can get away from work, before making the final call. But a trip to Cracker Barrel last night means I have some banked calories to burn hehe

All the more reason to run outside
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Ah geez @PastorVincent now I want chicken and dumplings.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 5 miles. Still loving the warmer than average weather!
    12/2 - 5 miles.
    12/3 - Busy / rest day.
    12/4 - 5.15 miles. This weather is nuts! It was 63° at 4:45 a.m.
    12/5 - 4.75 miles. 35° temperature drop in 24 hours...Brrr!
    12/6 - 3.5 'mill miles, then upper body weights / abs.
    12/7 - Unplanned rest day. Didn't sleep...ZZZZZ
    12/8 - 3.5 on the treadmill, then weights and abs.
    12/9 - 4.5 windy miles.
    12/10 - 3 'mill miles, then extremely short upper body weights.
    12/11 - 5 miles.
    12/12 - Rest day.
    12/13 - 5 windy miles.
    12/14 - 5 miles. Colder by 15° than yesterday, but way more comfortable because no *kitten* wind!

exercise.png

@MNLittleFinn - I may have missed this sometime, but is "Zumbro" like Zumba for bros?
    @PastorVincent - Slush? As long as it isn't freezing back into thick ice...go with it.
    @SkippyGirlsMom - running works the crud out! This happens to me too. I always try to keep running with a cold.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @karllundy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Zumbro River Bottoms Management Unit
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Heck, I could've Googled that. :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Ah geez @PastorVincent now I want chicken and dumplings.

I do not see a downside here... :smiley:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I don't know why but I assumed everyone knew what Zumbro was. I guess years of driving to Minneapolis ingrained it in my head. :D:D:D

Air quality was crap. I have a "fuzzy" throat. I go home and collapse. Basically, I suck and don't run or even lift. I can feel the anxiety/depression seeping in. I painted last night instead. I needed an outlet. (After I shoveled a row and a half of Glutino sandwhich cookies. Aka crack aka the gluten free version of oreos).
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    ha ha @karllundy that was great! Zumba for bros ha ha! I'm with you on the running, the bigger issue was being exhausted from being up all night coughing. I ain't pretty when I'm tired.

@PastorVincent I'm seeing no down size to it either
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Just run it.

Slush over TM any day.

So.much.this.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    (After I shoveled a row and a half of Glutino sandwhich cookies. Aka crack aka the gluten free version of oreos).

I wisely left the Glutino at home... only bring 3 to work at a time. Pretty limiting. Leaves you wanting... but at least not on the floor with a face covered in crumbs and cream while drooling.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I usually don't buy them anymore because I can't control myself around them (I have had an entire package in a day before :s ). But I made some cookies for work and had to buy them for that purpose. Now I go back to not having them in the house.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent I usually don't buy them anymore because I can't control myself around them (I have had an entire package in a day before :s ). But I made some cookies for work and had to buy them for that purpose. Now I go back to not having them in the house.

It does not help that the GF section of Walmart is like 80% different kinds of cookies. Enjoy Life is another brand I am required to only bring preportioned packs to work. :lol:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

It does not help that the GF section of Walmart is like 80% different kinds of cookies. Enjoy Life is another brand I am required to only bring preportioned packs to work. :lol:

The rest is inedible "pasta" :D
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    December Running Challenge
    Goal: 90 km
    Ran: 56.7/90 km

14/12/17 Run 8 km
    13/12/17 Run 3.4 km SL B
    12/12/17 Run 6.3 km
    11/12/17 Run 7 km SL A
    10/12/17 Run 6 km 32