• AZDiddy
    AZDiddy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eggnog. Barf.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Gumdrops, ribbon candy, candy canes, circus peanuts and plain marshmallows (s'mores excluded). But I will take that 3 musketeers bar!
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    The holidays are here and I'm getting my fair share of impersonal corporate gifts. I can't tell you how many liquor filled chocolates I've received. I can't imagine who actually likes these things and for the life of me have no idea how they've become such a standard holiday item.

I know we all have foods that we just don't like, but at least in most of those cases it's not too much of a stretch to see how/why others could like them.

That said, some foods are so bad that it's impossible to think of anything appealing about them. What are they for you? What food items baffle you by their mere existence?

Liquor filled chocolates and Danish salty licorice are mine...I can't figure out why anybody finds them appealing!

I will gladly take those liquor-filled chocolates off your hands, OP!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    3 Musketeers. Why??

+1 Still can't figure out who buys those nasty things.

I make sure to get some 3 Muskaeteers at Halloween because I absolutely will not be tempted. Not even a little.

It's one of my top 5 deal breakers in relationships. Oh, the shame!

• leighdaviddesormeau
    Options
    I was recently introduced to things like ambrosia salad and seven-up-salad.

W H Y
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    any kind of canned meat.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    I love cherries soaked in whiskey and covered in chocolate...though, homemade liquor treats are way better than store bought, some of the store ones aren't half bad.

I'm more baffled by chicken feet and pigs feet...why would anyone want to eat feet, and what the heck is there even to eat on a chickens foot???

Pigs feet date back to slavery in the south when the owners would give the slaves the parts of the animal they wouldn't eat themselves.

A culture of cooking evolved around preparing these things for consumption and still exists today.
    Lean59man wrote: »
    I love cherries soaked in whiskey and covered in chocolate...though, homemade liquor treats are way better than store bought, some of the store ones aren't half bad.

I'm more baffled by chicken feet and pigs feet...why would anyone want to eat feet, and what the heck is there even to eat on a chickens foot???

Pigs feet date back to slavery in the south when the owners would give the slaves the parts of the animal they wouldn't eat themselves.

A culture of cooking evolved around preparing these things for consumption and still exists today.

Quite common in some asian cultures too, I think.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    oh and I love carrot cake!!!

have had some nice zuccchini slices too.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Fruit cake. I doesn't make sense... fruit? Good. Cake? Great. Fruit cake? Nasty crap.

Traditional fruit cake, yes. I have a coworker who makes a homemade white fruit cake that is pretty tasty.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

Ban yourself. Carrot cake is the greatest invention ever. Rum is a close 2nd.

Hmmm. Idea: Carrot Rum Cake!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

LOL, yep! A bit like banana bread...

People think, hmm, it's got carrots/bananas, it's "Healthy!!".

Um, have you seen the calories in carrot cake and banana bread?! Almost never worth it.

I can use less calories on a chocolate bar.

Momepro wrote: »
    Lol, that is my favorite kind of cake, especially with lots of cream cheese frosting!

Cream cheese frosting is the only reason I eat carrot cake.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    turducken
    ham spread
    bologna
    rocky mountain oysters (google it if you must)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Ann262 wrote: »
    any kind of canned meat.

Please don't tell me you are implying Spam?! :o
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Ann262 wrote: »
    any kind of canned meat.

Please don't tell me you are implying Spam?! :o

I can bet if the world ends and I am the last person holding cans of Spam or even Sardines..........you will be begging me for that can of gold! :p
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

So......zuchinni bread would be out of the question??

Mmmmmmm
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i said it last night and i'll say it again. sriracha. i like that chinese oil with the scorched chili seeds, and i like louisiana-style hot sauces. but srirarcha is the emperor's new clothes to me. i find it hard to believe people actually like it, as opposed to just convincing themselves they do.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Fruit cake. I doesn't make sense... fruit? Good. Cake? Great. Fruit cake? Nasty crap.

Excellent stuff!!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I love fruit cake D: