Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking heavily almost daily for over a year. I quit drinking and smoking cigarettes 4 days ago :)

You can do this! Bravo! Four days is a lot after a year of daily drinking. I bet you feel and look better :)
  • RubyRed427
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    Did well last night. Had only hot, peach tea. DIdn't open the bottle of PInot Noir that was calling to me. Feeling energetic today. Happy Saturday !
    Wow! 2 days without wine or any alcohol....and my body is accepting it very well. I am so pleased!

You rock, ladies! I didn't have any wine last night either and I'm feeling great this morning! It's sunny and gorgeous here today and I'm getting ready to go out for a very long walk with DH. We usually walk for about 2-3 hours and get about 13-15K steps in. Happy Saturday indeed! :)

Great job too! Really makes a difference not having a headache on Saturdays ! Enjoy the long walk in the beautiful sun!
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well, the wine gods got me last night. Exercise is great, eating is ok, but drinking out of control last night. Was really good wine though!!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well, the wine gods got me last night. Exercise is great, eating is ok, but drinking out of control last night. Was really good wine though!!

One day at a time. Happens to all of us. Start over tomorrow and good luck!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking heavily almost daily for over a year. I quit drinking and smoking cigarettes 4 days ago :)

I didn't drink alcohol yesterday....3 days without it for me after years drinking daily. I feel great! Exercising daily to the 30 day Shred and learning guitar is my substitute, along with tea! Have a great day today and live it to it's fullest! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

I didn't drink alcohol yesterday....3 days without it for me after years drinking daily. I feel great! Exercising daily to the 30 day Shred and learning guitar is my substitute, along with tea! Have a great day today and live it to it's fullest! :) Feeling stronger!!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    I had one glass of wine last night with spritzer, copying @MaryBethHempel ! I have had 1 spritzer a night for the last 2 nights with dinner, it's been very nice and civilized and I don't get headaches and it cuts the calories in half. I'm very happy with this new idea! My drinking has definitely gone down this week. The tough part will be this weekend - I have a total of five (5!) holiday gatherings / events. My plan is to have max 1-2 drinks at each event, still 10 drinks over the weekend which is not great, but at least I'm limiting myself and being realistic.

Wow!! I am glad for you. It really worked for me. Hardly a struggle after a few days, and now I haven't even had a wine for 3 days...the best part is...I had zero cravings for it!! I feel so so much better now....in fact, it is my new lifestyle. I might have a drink on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve., but it will be one, or at the most two. Then, I will go back to tea and water. To break it up I will sometimes have ice water mixed with diet gingerale, or Sprite Zero in my water bottle, which I am decreasing that also... I am hoping the spritzer's work for you!! Have a great week ahead.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

Wine Gods visited me last night, too Hard to resist because of the holiday party I attended. But today is a new day. Hope today is peaceful and happy for everyone!
  • RubyRed427
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had one glass of wine last night with spritzer, copying @MaryBethHempel ! I have had 1 spritzer a night for the last 2 nights with dinner, it's been very nice and civilized and I don't get headaches and it cuts the calories in half. I'm very happy with this new idea! My drinking has definitely gone down this week. The tough part will be this weekend - I have a total of five (5!) holiday gatherings / events. My plan is to have max 1-2 drinks at each event, still 10 drinks over the weekend which is not great, but at least I'm limiting myself and being realistic.

Wow!! I am glad for you. It really worked for me. Hardly a struggle after a few days, and now I haven't even had a wine for 3 days...the best part is...I had zero cravings for it!! I feel so so much better now....in fact, it is my new lifestyle. I might have a drink on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve., but it will be one, or at the most two. Then, I will go back to tea and water. To break it up I will sometimes have ice water mixed with diet gingerale, or Sprite Zero in my water bottle, which I am decreasing that also... I am hoping the spritzer's work for you!! Have a great week ahead.

I like your spritzer ideas. Will need to try that. I also like when you said 'it's my new lifestyle". Great way to view it. I may adopt that thinking too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • agusmartinezro
    agusmartinezro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im in, it's very hard for me since I am a bartender and sommelier, I have been attending wine classes and spiting all the wine like a pro but at home I have almost eliminated wine but it's hard sometimes, used to have a glass of wine after work or before going to bed almost everyday. Since I started using MFP almost 2 months ago I have only had 5oz of wine and one lite beer. Good luck all!!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Well it has been 3 days of drinking. I was so tired and I let this stress of this car get to me. The mechanic can't figure out why this engine light keeps coming on. So many fixes and there it pops right on again. I am way overdue for inspection. I am not happy about drinking over it, but this month is still good. Most of it dry. My skin gets so dry and I look so much older after drinking, too. One day or minute at a time.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, I am irritated. Drank way too much yesterday. I even went over my calorie limit. Plus the scale didn't go down this week. Overall feeling disappointed and irritated. 2nd 1/2 below.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    (2nd 1/2 was cut off)Oh well, a new week and a chance to start over. I know where I went wrong and will make the changes next time!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Just got back from France and took 2 days off the diet and alchohol rule. I had a really nice time - and ate a lot of fish! Wine was Chablis mainly and I factored it into my diet. Haven't dared get on the scales yet but suspect either maintenance or have put on a few 1bs. Back to behaving myself today but it was a lovely mini-break!