"Stay away from dairy"

Options

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am avoiding dairy for my son who has a cow's milk protein sensitivity and I'm nursing him but I figured my anxiety is getting better from all my sessions with the psychologist :neutral:
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sounds like your Doctor has managed to add a new anxiety!

nah... i was just curious... im still eating dairy and stuff.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    its all cool. i think havanaolala just hates gluten free peeps. hahaha. seriously its all good.

for me, Anxiety is rough as i was able to turn it off and enjoy life. Then it resurfaced ten fold and it was hard to remove again. Trust me, its not simple to turn on and off.

my original question was only out of curiosity.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sounds like your Doctor has managed to add a new anxiety!

nah... i was just curious... im still eating dairy and stuff.

That's good.
    Personally I found it an odd throwaway comment by your Doc - my instinct would have been that milky drinks are soothing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    its all cool. i think havanaolala just hates gluten free peeps. hahaha. seriously its all good.

for me, Anxiety is rough as i was able to turn it off and enjoy life. Then it resurfaced ten fold and it was hard to remove again. Trust me, its not simple to turn on and off.

my original question was only out of curiosity.

CBT can be really good for anxiety
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Warning: My opinion is based on things I've learned in holistic nutrition school, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Will do.
    OP wasn't asking if dairy is bad for you. He was asking whether dairy has a known connection to anxiety disorders.

Anxiety CAN indirectly be linked to hormonal disorders and imbalances amplified by the consumption of large amounts of dairy.

So the next question is, "what is considered a large amount of dairy...?"