"Stay away from dairy"

Options

Replies

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so I don't consume dairy anymore. I don't know about it specifically being related to anxiety, but Ido believe in mind body connection. One's diet can be related to mental health and vice versa.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This does not support the dairy is bad for anxiety thought, and in fact suggests that fermented dairy may be good for it, but it is about the connection of diet and anxiety. I found it rather interesting.
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/879804#vp_1
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Warning: My opinion is based on things I've learned in holistic nutrition school, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Will do.
    OP wasn't asking if dairy is bad for you. He was asking whether dairy has a known connection to anxiety disorders.

Anxiety CAN indirectly be linked to hormonal disorders and imbalances amplified by the consumption of large amounts of dairy.

So the next question is, "what is considered a large amount of dairy...?"

Also I'd like to see studies posted please.

Yes, that too...
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What are you so mad about? It is just my opinion.:D Food has nothing to do with mental problems. Anxiety may really exist as a medical issue but there is also just a confusion someone has anxiety that is much more common. It has become the new gluten free or vegan or *insert* a ridiculous fad idea/ excuse for (not) improving your life.

"Gluten caused my anxiety" "Dairy caused my anxiety" -This is what I call ridiculous.

I just dropped out of school because I was having anxiety attacks at the thought of studying. That's not just normal anxiety. And I'm not going to blame it on certain foods...I've dealt with anxiety and depression for seventeen years. That's just my brain.

Yup. I go through periods of feeling okayish but I have dysthymia, too. So, I constantly have to fight the negative feedback loop. Years ago, I had an anxiety crisis. It came on without warning. I found it difficult to leave my apartment. I felt embarrassed and, yes, weak. So hid it from my boyfriend. But, I was not in control of how I was feeling. I avoided people I knew, would break into a cold sweat. It was hell. I did eventually tell my partner and he encouraged me to see a therapist. It helped. I find that therapy & meditation help me. Also, writing down thoughts to get them out of my head does, too. I’m not a big dairy consumer andI buy organic when I do consume it. Genetics plays a role with certain mental disorders. My father has depression and anxiety.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    Try CBD oil. It's good for everything.