Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    end-of-month question?

What are your goals for this next year?
    Where do you want to be a year from now?
    How do you see your training evolving?

Great questions, @Elise4270 . I like your goals!

2018 Goals
    Injury Free Running
    Successful 50M race
    Good start on 100K training
    Finally start a habit of strength and core training (key for the goals above)
    Kick the sugar habit. I'm much better now than I was a couple of years ago but I can do much better.

A year from now I want to be running on a snowy single-track trail, in the woods, on a snowy day, with Kody.

The biggest change to my training HAS to be the addition of strength and core work. At 215 pounds, I need to have a strong core for proper body support and injury prevention if I'm going to run the miles I want to run.

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Another 4 much needed anti-stress kms Getting there

exercise.png

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    end-of-month question?

I've got several...

1) Complete the Jessie's Girl 3K Challenge with Home Edition, then do Bikini Body 1 (then do HE again and then BB1 again). That should get me through the year (and probably into the next year since I modify to do separate running days).

2) I have not reached three milestones in my Nike running app so... run for all 12 months, run 7 consecutive days, and FINALLY do a marathon. And run a minimum of 500 miles during the year.

3) Track every day (with the exception of vacation).

4) Eat healthier (aka control myself around sweet stuff).

5) Yoga 3-5 days a week (or 15 min of stretching).

6) Lose 20-25 pounds (2 per month) and maybe 10-12% BF based on my scale (I know it isn't accurate but I want it to decrease - I have too much!)

7) Meditate and journal 3-5 days per week for my mental health, which is just as important!

I have more but they aren't health related so I won't bore you with them. LOL
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @7lenny7 Can I ask how big your town is? Because I am thinking if I tried that in Phoenix I would die. LOL

But I do love that idea!
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    end-of-month question?

My goals are: Run a 50 miler before I turn 50 (hopefully in November or Dec of 2018). Lots of small goals including increasing my mileage in a significant way leading up to that one! I also want to do more intermediate to long races (15K through 50K) this year.

I will reach these goals by making a more deliberate effort to improve strength and agility along the way and completely recover from my current injuries. As a side effect of all the extra running and strength, I'd like to lose another 5-10 lbs and another 4% BF to get to 22% (according to my scale). To do this I am going to need to start logging again though :smile:.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @JessicaMcB The run across the years is the one in Phoenix? If yes, I will join at least for some of it! It's like 15-20 min from my house and like across the street from my BFF's
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Can I ask how big your town is? Because I am thinking if I tried that in Phoenix I would die. LOL

But I do love that idea!

Now running Phoenix would be quite an accomplishment!

My town is roughly 14.5 square miles (3.2 x 4.5) and is mostly suburban roads. There's one state highway that cuts through and if I do that, it will have to be around 6 am on a Sunday morning when they're low traffic but some light. Pedestrians seem to get killed on that road every year. I may skip it, or perhaps run in the ditch and call it a trail run.

dhr7igu6n1mo.jpg
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    end-of-month question?

2018 goals:
    Run 4 ultra distance races
    Run Zumbro in 30 hours or less
    Train up well and run Superior50 in 14 or less
    Run a sub-7 trail 50k.
    Start letting myself think that I might be more than a nobody newbe.

Last one is going to be the hardest.

A year from now I see myself in a position to enter the lottery for superior 100. I see myself (hopefully) finally seeing myself as an ultra runner.

Tough things for me to get through.

I see my training with coach continuing on. The first 7 weeks have been a wild ride and he's an amazing coach. I want my training to evolve from "getting to ultrarunner" to getting to "faster ultrarunner"
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB The run across the years is the one in Phoenix? If yes, I will join at least for some of it! It's like 15-20 min from my house and like across the street from my BFF's

Yes! When I confirm my entry for it (after registration for 2018 even opens obviously lol) I will let you know. Warning: I am a strange Canadian at the best of times- 6 days of racing almost guarantees I will be whacked :D
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Yes! When I confirm my entry for it (after registration for 2018 even opens obviously lol) I will let you know. Warning: I am a strange Canadian at the best of times- 6 days of racing almost guarantees I will be whacked :D

Haha! Y'all are gonna have to keep me updated. I need a runcation!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @7lenny7 Oh, that looks like a good challenge. I'd definitely be careful with the highway and stick to the ditch.

@JessicaMcB I am a season ticket holder for the Coyotes (NHL) so there's a lot of Canadians around. I'm from Wisconsin and I've been asked if I'm Canadian based on how I say "aboot". :D Don't worry... I'm a bit strange myself.