40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    I got not one but two “whoooos” tonight from Coach. When I asked if my clean&jerk was okay, he said of course yeah, we don’t give out those very often. Lol

Seriously though no idea what I’m doing when it comes to the Olympic lifts. I don’t care. I have fun.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    We are in the middle of a deep freeze here with temps of -40 and colder. As a result, I haven't done much and I can feel it, and the scales are showing it. :( Really need to get myself moving.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Was doing well for the last year. Kind of lost my momentum with the change of season to winter. I was doing Stronglifts and also completed the C25K program. Going to get back to logging today and browsing the apps to find a new program. Considering the Sworkit app.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Go Hawks!

YES!!!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Go Hawks!

YEEEESSSS!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Cool Ones...

I'm just about done with an 8 week break from structured training. Since I didn't take a break from eating Christmas cookies, the scale moved up quite a few notches. No surprise there. This winter, I'll follow the eating plan that I used last spring while working with a dietician. I had good success with it, since it provided enough calories for training while still allowing weight loss. Expecting similar results this time. Goal is a 15lb loss by racing season.

On Sunday I'm heading to SW Oklahoma to visit my son, who is a waterfowl hunting guide. I'll spend a few days duck and goose hunting (and visiting my Labrador Retriever), before returning on Thursday.

Happy New Year.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    edited December 2017
    Good morning! I've officially survived the holiday madness without gaining any weight! Woohoo! Okay, it actually wasn't that hard. I spend so much time baking the goodies that I'm pretty much over it by the time it comes to eating them, lol.

I have big goals for 2018, including surviving my daughter's wedding, growing my Etsy business, completing at last one race a month, writing a book, and moving to another state. Exercise, nutrition, and time management are going to be very important this year. No more Candy Crush for me! But I'm not giving up Pokemon. I have way too much fun with my kids with that game. Besides everyone needs at least one vice.

Happy New Year, everyone! Be safe, make good choices, and don't forget to tip your servers and bartenders!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Stronglifts done. 5k done. Planning out my beer drinking afternoon. Happy New Years all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Back from our post-christmas mountain resort visit. Wayyyy too cold for my liking.

Cardio day at the warm gym, to morrow.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Question for @gam3rguy : I want to do the Spartan Trifecta in 2018; however, the first Florida sprint of the year is in February in Miami. Money will still be tight since this is right after my daughter's wedding, it's difficult to take time off of work in February because we're still in our busy season. That leaves me doing the sprint and super in April. The super is on Saturday and the sprint is on Sunday. How doable is this? Keep in mind that I don't feel awful after the shorter OCRs. In fact, after the last one, I came home, showered, and went to work, and I was fine. I was a little tender the next day, especially my ankle, but nothing bad.

I just don't know how much harder a Spartan race is compared to the other races I've done.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Prepping for a 2018 January fat loss challenge.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    500km on the bike in december, last time i would have done that would have been 41years ago :o
  • joyhoffman9340
    joyhoffman9340 Posts: 16 Member
    Joining up. 46 years young with a 9 and 7 year old. Getting in shape so I don’t die walking around Disney in mid February. Lol. That’s my short term. Long term is hoping to get rid of about 50 to 60 extra pounds to avoid diabetes. Currently 5’6”, 205. Goal 145 - 150lbs. Currently tracking all food and trying for 30 - 45 min on the elliptical each day.
  • gam3rguy
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Question for @gam3rguy : I want to do the Spartan Trifecta in 2018; however, the first Florida sprint of the year is in February in Miami. Money will still be tight since this is right after my daughter's wedding, it's difficult to take time off of work in February because we're still in our busy season. That leaves me doing the sprint and super in April. The super is on Saturday and the sprint is on Sunday. How doable is this? Keep in mind that I don't feel awful after the shorter OCRs. In fact, after the last one, I came home, showered, and went to work, and I was fine. I was a little tender the next day, especially my ankle, but nothing bad.

I just don't know how much harder a Spartan race is compared to the other races I've done.

it's "doable". it all depends on the terrain, how strong you feel(you need more strength than you would a Warrior Dash)...that ankle. you could treat the sprint as a recovery from the super. there are people in my Facebook groups who double up on the same day! do you have mountains in Florida? leg strength...lots of it. there are also heavy carries...log, sandbag...Atlas stone...farmers carry...BUCKET BRIGADE! upper strength like uneven monkey bars, twister, Herc hoist, sled pull, multi-rig.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!