Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has been said already (didn't see it on the last two pages of the thread) but has a January thread been created yet? I ran a search but nothing came up.

I'll Make a thread for January. Do you think it's best if I omit the word "January" from the title? That way we don't have to make a new thread each month. Or maybe threads are only for one month at a time.
    I'll look into it. Thanks for your advice!
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I vote for the defined time, one month at a time. For me it keeps the goals more realistic and reachable, plus a chance t o start over.

I am so glad the holidays will be over next Tuesday morning!! I feel great about losing
    weight these last two months, instead of gaining, but it has been a tough experience since Thanksgiving.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I vote for the defined time, one month at a time. For me it keeps the goals more realistic and reachable, plus a chance t o start over.

I agree. Rather than being this indefinite period of time, there is a beginning and the end where we get the chance to to start over. Hang in there @Westschmeis!

Thanks, Julie, for starting the thread for January. I'm in.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think doing it one month at a time is also good for anyone who starts later in the month because they can easily get caught up when reading the thread.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Totally regret drinking wine tonight..... Fell asleep easily at 930 but now it is 200 am and I am wide awake.... Alcohol never lets me stay asleep...
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I am away for part of jan so probably won’t post much but thanks for starting a jan thread. By watching you I may be able to keep myself under control. Will try to persuade hubby to go for a dry feb to help me out!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    dry again last night....my husband is still drinking his alcohol...My memory is so so much better now....
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Looking forward to the new year and new thread....
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Totally regret drinking wine tonight..... Fell asleep easily at 930 but now it is 200 am and I am wide awake.... Alcohol never lets me stay asleep...

That happens to me, too. I'll be wide awake for hours after I crash. And then my heart beats fast like it can't settle down.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

I made a new thread for the new year. Happy to be on this journey with all of you.

Thanks!

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options

That happens to me, too. I'll be wide awake for hours after I crash. And then my heart beats fast like it can't settle down. [/quote]

Same here, @JulieAL1969 ! I didn't know the rapid heart thing happened to anyone else . . . or that it was related to alcohol. Thanks for sharing that; it's more motivation.

And thank you for starting the new thread. I will be there!

• MaryBethHempel
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »

That happens to me, too. I'll be wide awake for hours after I crash. And then my heart beats fast like it can't settle down.

I am just the opposite...I fall right asleep when I drink wine and have difficulty when I don't. I started to read and listen to relaxation cd's and tapes...which drowns out my husband's snoring and helps me sleep.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    went to a luncheon yesterday...had one wine...not 2 or more, like I used to....
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    free of alcohol yesterday....hmmm....New Year's Eve...? I was going to have some wine, but maybe not? I just don't have the craving anymore, which is great!
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Been dry for 4 days. I’m debating on if I should buy myself a small bottle of preseco or champagne to bring in the new year. I’m not going to be doing anything so it might be a waste. I feel much better than I have over the past few weeks so I may bring in the new year on a good (and dry) note.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 80 of being sober and feeling pretty fantastic. My sleep quality is fantastic, I'm down 30 pounds, and my anxiety is manageable without alcohol in the picture.

I don't post every day, but I do check in every day and read what you guys are up to. It's very encouraging.
  • jeffmp29
    jeffmp29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CAN WE TURN THIS INTO A JANUARY POST? I don’t want to lose it