Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Options

Replies

• sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    From Superstore: Good Thins spinach and garlic crackers. It'S 80 cal for 15 crackers, 2.5 fat, 14g carb, 1g protein. I have it with 2 T PC fig cabernet wine jelly and 30g Castello Danish Blue Cheese, also from Superstore. Yum!
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've purchased the cheddar and bacon version from the states a few times and really like it. I've also never had anything similar so nothing to compare to. A bit pricey though

zeldon919 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Green Giant now offers mashed and rices veggies. Including this cauliflower. Except that the calories in this mess are equivalent to a proper mashed potato. So they failed to realize why people do the mashed cauliflower to begin with.
    Jessica-Spellman-GG_MASH_-Cauliflower_HZ_FP.png

I saw this and googled it - reviews are very unkind. Apparently the texture is awful, very liquid.

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Great stuff guys. Just found at RCSS. $3.48 / bag. Compare that to FlapJack etc.

pcbm_recall_3678926_500x500_e.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

this looks good...I've been making my own lately with regular pancake mix and just add vanilla protein powder and egg whites - even more protein than this and cheaper..
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I’ve bought this brand a couple of times...really good. du8on0jj37f5.jpeg
    ewszifcco94p.jpeg
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Jipster11 wrote: »
    I’ve bought this brand a couple of times...really good.
    ewszifcco94p.jpeg

That's a good chunk of protein for 130 calories. Did you find them at a particular store?
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Bleh. Can't seem to find them in BC.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    We have recently gotten into the frozen rainbow trout at Costco. The fillets are thin so they defrost quickly, and they are absolutely delicious. The brand that we bought was Aqua Star. From the web they have a rainbow trout "portions" that are caught in Canada, but Aqua Star trout comes from lakes in Peru.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Few posts back I shared the low carb bagels that are 130cal each, BIG and amazing tasting.
    Now I have found this bread at lowcarbcanada.ca 2 slices at 90cal and again, great tasting bread!!!

light_trans.png

Betty Light Bread

Is it just thinner slices? I've been eating PC Blue Menu, 2 slices for 100 cal, but they just slice the bread thinner is all.
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I'm so excited I found this thread this morning (and that Longo'sjust opened a new store in my neighbourhood). Thanks to you guys, I just experienced my first-ever bowl of delicious, Cool Whey vanilla ice cream. What a treat!!
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I'm so excited I found this thread this morning (and that Longo'sjust opened a new store in my neighbourhood). Thanks to you guys, I just experienced my first-ever bowl of delicious, Cool Whey vanilla ice cream. What a treat!!

you gotta try the chocolate chip! waaaay better than vanilla in my opinion!
  • cjv73
    Options
    So, I tried the Cool Whey Sport line because they are way lower carb (Keto) but I was not impressed at all. Very icy, not creamy, and I found the flavors very unappealing. The only one I marginally liked was the mint chocolate, but I didn't even like that enough to eat more than one serving. I tried a little bit of each flavourful and then gave everything else to my kids...they were quite happy!

So I went back to get more vanilla (the non-Sport variety) but was discouraged by the higher carb count. However, I noticed that erythritol was on the ingredient list but not on the nutritional label, so I emailed the company and learned that there are 4g of erythritol per serving as well, so that brings the net carbs way down. Yay for us keto folks!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Local Metro in Ontario got Dave's Killer Bread. Fantastic.
    daveskillerbread.com/

Is it as damned expensive there as it is here?
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    as a side note, I finally tried Halo Top for the first time and O M G - us Canadians are missing out! while I do like the cool whey chocolate chip ice cream, it does not compare to the flavors of halo top that I tried and the macros on halo top are soooo much better. I emailed Halo Top saying pleeeeeeeease come to Canada, but they said there are no plans in the immediate future (anyone else interested - please email them - the more they hear Canada wants them the better!) In the meantime I will me making semi-annual trips to the states to fill up my cooler!
  • alihoule93
    alihoule93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really love the PC Blue Menu alfredo sauce - I add in some minced garlic and black pepper and it satisfies the craving.
  • cjv73
    Options
    Just discovered the Chapman's line of No Sugar Added lactose-free ice cream! I don't need the lactose-free part, but the no sugar added means that I can have a whole cup of Butter Pecan for just 4 net carbs!! Or Dutch Chocolate for just 8 net carbs! And they taste delicious, just like the creamy "real" thing!
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    Schwatz's Montreal smoked meat and Bergeron cheese are a few of my guilty pleasures!!! :smile: I also love Oka cheese!!!
    Oka cheese is fantastic!!!! We get a wedge every month. *drool*

I had no idea that PC had skyr!! Awesome! I want to use it in my protien cheesecake eaaaaat it (because it is not good in the protien cheesecake, apparently) thanks @crazyravr :) We have a provigo and Maxi nearby.
    Speaking of McD's. Have they added a calorie count to their menus across the country? I know it is law in Ontario, but I noticed it on the menu board this weekend in BC.
    They have here in QC. I thought it was amazing. The calorie counts were right next to the food name and price on the bakery items. I couldn't see the menu since my glasses broke a year ago.

Anyone been to one of those "make your own burgers" McD's? They're great!

Where was the make your own mcds burgers location?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Anyone been to one of those "make your own burgers" McD's? They're great!

Where was the make your own mcds burgers location?

This is an old post, but explains the concept... there must be a way of finding out which restaurants have it from the McD's website, I guess. At least one of the three locations in my small town has this feature, although I've never tried it!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

omgggg so closeeee
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    OMG this made my day!!!