WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Oye, ladies!
    Home now, after waking up at 3am, leaving at 4 am from middle son and DILs apartment to head to PDX. Youngest nuke son had a 6:30am flight tko Atlanta, then on to Charleston. It was nice having him home from 16th to 26th, then stayed at middle son's from 26th to today. They have two dogs, that jumped all over, on the couch, on you, licking your ears, up your nose! Husband, younger son and I have never grown up with dogs so it was quite an experience! They also do not have cable, or a radio. Husband and I are used to being informed with local news, local paper and the like. We both adapted and adjusted. Love our son and DIL, but she is not a cook, nor a helper. I was making scrambled eggs and using some ham I found, served on paper plates.... * long sigh*.

Miss my eldest son, can't call him or write him. Until he writes first with his on base Addy.

Christmas stuff down, looking at my minimalist looking home and breathing long and deep!

Love you guys, hoping nothing but the best for each and every one of you! Type to you next year!
    Becca

Not sure what PDX is,but that was sure an early start! I agree,the young generation does it their way,but so did we.....

DD asked if I was making cabbage rolls tomorrow........no & nothing else either. DH has out patient surgery Wed & I like to clear the decks before & left overs are not in the plan. Cooking for 7 ppl no longer interests me......
    kind of “been there/done that”.Just having what we want,when we want works for us.Sounding selfish here :/

Grandaughter saw 4” of snow starting just after she arrived from
    Fl.Grpa asked what she thought if it,”very pretty,but I’m over it”.LOL,
    She tells it like she sees it.......her Mama’s DD.

Hope your son is doing well.We never get over that worry.Our Marine Grson leaves for SC Thursday.A 12 hr drive.

Our decorations went back in hiding a day or two early.Needed to do a good cleaning & the less to look at,the better.

Pat in Ohio

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    hello all will be back later to read the rest.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    And this is "My Year in Sport" according to Strava! The link shows the whole video. The link is followed by two images showing a summary of what Strava knows I've done in 2017.

Video Link:
    https://2017.strava.com/en-gb/videos/4463a7f4272c519c79ae8a7f4a88d15cb16197e8/

5c1enu8mcmc4.png

o5ckdl6t7ugh.png

M in Oz ... with 33 minutes to go

Make that 23 minutes ...
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Tracie, I will follow your bullet journal efforts with interest. It’s the first time I’ve done it to this extent. I chose The Simple Elephant planner because it was kind of a hybrid between my Erin Condren planner of the last few years and a journal, but I’m already kind of wishing I had gone with the plain one with just dots and no set calendar pages. Too late now. I’m into this one already. I’ve been reading articles from Pinterest and have a pretty good idea of what will work for me.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

Watching Melbourne's Fireworks on TV and can hear Hobart's in the distance.

So far so good in 2018! For the whole minute we've been in it!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    champagne-bottle.gif
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yvonne - so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers are with you and your family.

Okie in the cold (for us) TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    (((Yvonne))) sorry for your loss.

Tracie Mary got a full time teaching job about the time her posts became fewer. Once things settle down for her I hope she can check in occasionally. My thoughts and prayers are with her. I do know her students are lucky to have her.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terry ~ "Jewelry with a Link"
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka thanks for the gingerbread link. Next year... ;)

Be forewarned ... it is very rich! Delicious ... but knock-your-socks-off rich! :grin:

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year for all of you that are celebrating now or already have celebrated! Just waking up in Texas. My visit so far has been a blur of shopping for groceries and home improvement project items and putting those projects together. We have gone through Joaquin's clothes and bought some new bins/space organizers and sorted his clothes and rearranged them. DD organized her closet with help from me and a new shoe organizer (she was amazed how much space was freed up, just by getting her shoes in one organized place). We are washing and whitening some sheets and towels today, and doing basic housework. LOL She has already realized that dog hair on the floor (even a day's worth) will make Joaquin look a LOT like Chappie's younger puppy brother. Now that he is crawling, he is the best dust and dog hair magnet around! He is a tiny little peanut (still only about 18 pounds at 9 months old) but boy is he BUSY! He has a jumper that he really gets going. Some times he jumps so high in it I think he is going to jump right out of the seat. He is doing a strange half belly, half knee crawl. He can pull himself up to kneeling, but hasn't quite mastered pulling himself to standing yet. He does hold his balance and stand at the coffee table unassisted. His parents hover just a bit. I think I am ticking them off because every time he bonks his head or loses his balance, I say "He's okay." I really think his dramatic crying when these things happen is because of the alarmed look on my DD's face and the "gasp" that inevitably escapes her. New parent syndrome. lol

Yvonne- So sorry to hear about your dad! Sending you much love and thoughts and prayers for peace at this time. <3
    Sharon-Ugh! Sorry about the reveal in regards to Larry. You have the truth, now, and although it hurts and angers; the ball is in your court as to what you want to do about it. Please protect your self and make ready. I agree with Lisa, you will know when it's time for you to go/get rid of him. Be ready and know that we are all behind you and thinking of you!
    Penny- Love your glorious afternoon pictures! lol A walk in the moonlight at 2 in the afternoon! I really HAVE to get there some time! I used to keep my tree up through Epiphany. That is how we did things growing up. DH comes from a family of tree down on New Years Day. Now, we fall somewhere in between. The tree stays up until I have kids in my house again (usually some time the first week of January).
    Becca- So glad you enjoyed your time with your boys/family! It is hard getting back into the swing of things, after the holidays. Everything seems so "bland" and boring, to me.
    Heather- I am so glad you got in touch with your friend, Rose. Sending all of the best thoughts and wishes to her, (and you), as she learns of and processes whatever information she is given. <3
    Wendy- I really enjoy hearing about your beekeeping life! I was telling my daughter about how you extricate the queens and "plant" them in a separate place. She was fascinated. She worked for a few years at a nature center and things like this are very interesting to her. We were wondering how many hives you have and what your hive goals are? Do you currently produce enough bee products to sell them? Is that your goal?
    Karen- So sorry to hear about your back pain. And how wonderful that your partner recognizes the pain and helps you feel better.
    New and returning girls Donna, Karen, and Viv- Welcome! Always fun to have new voices in our group! Jump in whenever you feel the urge/need! Today/tonight watch for Barbie's final post, as it will have the link to take us into January and 2018!

Cathy, Re, Rey, and Suebdew- Sending messages to you all in regards to meeting up. It looks like there are two possibilities for meeting up. I can meet up in downtown Fort Worth tomorrow for a breakfast, lunch or brunch. My only other option (as I ended up flying here and don't have a car) is to have you come to Burleson on the third for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I am putting my cell phone number in the message. You can call or text. If you call, I may not here my phone as I don't always have it near. But I check it every so often for updates from home; so a text will be seen and answered relatively quickly.

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)