Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been eating those premade salad kits (1/3 bag of kit mixed with half a family size bag of big leaf lettuce) and its HUGE, cheap, and super yummy and theres tons of kits!!
  • runsharon54321
    runsharon54321 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a major volume eater too, and when I eat veggies is really the only time that I can feel full without getting hungry within a couple of hours. What's better is to pig out and not have regrets later
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If you need a quick and dirty supper, try Lean Cuisine butternut ravioli over a bag of sugar snap peas. Ain’t bad.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    maisiba wrote: »
    Not entirely new or fancy but with savoy cabbage in season here right now, I've become totally obsessed with roasted savoy cabbage. I just had half a head the other night. I would have never thought to love savoy cabbage that much but roasted? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I love it all - from the black burned crispy outside leaves over the crunchy stems to the soft yellow insides. And it has pretty great macros too; only downside is all the sodium because of the generous amount of salt I use.

]

I love "fried" cabbage! Roasted sounds fantastic! And easier. How do you do it? Olive oil? Salt? Temperature? How long?

Thanks!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Hi; Does acorn and butternut squash have a sweet flavor or more of a mild savory flavor? I have recently stated to eat more veggies and no meats or fish so far. I noticed a 4lb difference in my weight in one week. Crazy, but my caloric intake was almost the same as when I am tracking and eating meat!

I've never had acorn squash, but I find butternut squash more sweet than savory. Could be the way I cook it. I love to mix it with more savory vegetables. Delicata squash is also awesome, and I find it easier to cut.

Acorn is a little less sweet. It's perhaps my favorite winter squash, although I like them all.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    I sat and read through this whole thread last night. It's everything I ever wanted from MFP.

Here's my contribution from tonight. First time trying to post a pic, hope it works. Zoodles, broccoli slaw, cabbage, a few frozen noodles, chicken, and spicy peanut sauce. Huge plate for 426 calories.

I hope I'm not accidentally posting a picture of my cat. Or kitten!

ucifobysbwaf.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Those meals do look great! I could easily pound that down twice over though! Still that would not be a lot of calories though.
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I love "fried" cabbage! Roasted sounds fantastic! And easier. How do you do it? Olive oil? Salt? Temperature? How long?

Thanks!

Sorry for the very late reply. I didn't go online much with the holiday stress.

First I should say I use savoy cabbage and not regular white cabbage (although I've seen someone do roasted normal cabbage too and actually wanted to try that as well).

First I cut it in wedges (perhaps 2 inch wide?... usually I cut 1/4 of a head into 3 wedges) and put it on a backing sheet. Then I spray some olive oil onto it (I have a pump bottle with it and it uses very little oil and hence calories); just enough to lightly cover it and make the spices stick better too.

Then I season the savoy cabbage - with cayenne pepper, chili, normal black pepper and salt. I had a pretty awesome chili salt which I love using but unfortunately run out and they don't sell it anymore. But you can use plain salt or any other seasoned salt too. Anyway, I'm pretty generous with the spices.

Then I put it into the pre-heated oven with 220° Celcius (430°F I think) in the middle. I don't have really a fixed time, I basically do it by sight until I see the outside burnt pretty dark and can still see the yellow through it from the inside. My guess would be somewhere around 30-45 minutes. I then add some additional salt/pepper on the plate too.

It's really simple and not many calories but lots of sodium.
    Tonight’s dinner is two bags of tofu shirataki noodles, with one thin cut up chicken cutlet, tons of veggies and two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. Comes to about 300 cal for a huge, HEAVY bowl.

I've never heard or seen tofu shirataki noodles.. do they taste any different from "normal" shirataki noodles? It looks great though.
    MossiO wrote: »
    Here's my contribution from tonight. First time trying to post a pic, hope it works. Zoodles, broccoli slaw, cabbage, a few frozen noodles, chicken, and spicy peanut sauce. Huge plate for 426 calories.

Hmm, it looks great. How do you do the spicy peanut sauce?

I'm jealous of everyone with easy access to spaghetti squash. I never had it but it sounds like something I would really like. But unless I go to the farmers market or some speciality store, it's hard to get and it's very pricey for me. Normal grocery stores basically mostly carry buttnernut and Hokkaido squash.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I’ve never tried the regular shirataki noodles. I found out about them through a YT video. They don’t taste like traditional flour noodles to me, but they’re still satisfying.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    maisiba wrote: »
    Hmm, it looks great. How do you do the spicy peanut sauce?
    Spicy Peanut Sauce

1/2 cup natural-style creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup water
    3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 1/2 medium limes)
    4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    2 1/4 teaspoons chile-garlic paste
    1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste
    1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil

Just mix everything together. I put it into six separate little containers a little more than two tablespoons each, which came to 151 calories per serving. Then I freeze them all and just thaw one when I need it. I also freeze grilled chicken in 84-gram portions, so I can whip together a decent meal pretty quickly!

I've thought about trying this sauce with PB2, which would greatly decrease the calories.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome — except the carrot part! <3