Things only bigger people know and do...

Options
1235»

Replies

• KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always have a cami on. I own camis in like 10 different colors.

however, while i originally started wearing them to cover myself more, now i just really like that style.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's good to read most of this board and laugh and nod and say yup done that too... I look forward to the day when I and all of you don't have to do them any longer...

I have one though... When you go to amusement parks and other places that have those awful 3 bar turnstile counter admission gates... I used to have to turn sideways and hop up over the top of the bars so I could slide through the gate. Otherwise I'd have to wait for the attendant to let me in the stroller/handicap gate... Ugh... and die of embarrassment waiting the entire time..
  • acamc
    acamc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG I have done it all....I'd bring a healthy lunch to work and eat i front of everyone, then sneak in the vending machine and get a candy bar and chips and run in bathroom and scarf it down like a pig! I refuse to wear shorts to this day. I also wear mis match underwear and bras...which I totally can't wait to buy matching sets again AND FEEL SEXY IN THEM!!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    wear skintight shorts under your skirt so that your thighs don't rub and you end up with rash.

I solved that problem by never ever wearing skirts. Yeah, I'm wearing a dress in my avatar, but I only wore it for the picture. I haven't felt comfortable enough to actually go out in public in it yet.
  • I used to get jeans that were just a bit snug-but not so much as to make my legs look like sausage links-to suck in my gut and thighs, and then wear giant t-shirts to cover the massive muffin top! When I wear shorts, I cross my legs to make the bottom thigh look smaller and to not take up so much room...
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've worn maternity pants and i've never been preggers....just because they were comfortable and no muffin top!
    OMG! I do this too! I thought I was the only one!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves for the "shaving thing"

That shaving thing is cracking me up. . . . It is nice to be all smooth and such but if men or people in general turn their nose up at me due to oh my gosh a few extra let hairs. . . Then peace out. . . I say good riddance. . . . Just my thoughts.

Agreed! I never shave past my mid-thigh because my hair is blonde and you can barely see the hairs on my legs. If a guy seriously cared about this I'd kick him to the curb! It's not like women were born to shave. :huh:

Yes! I was starting to worry I was the only one!! My mom taught us not to shave above the knee so our hair wouldn't get dark and thick--and most of my friends were taught the same thing. Maybe it's a generational thing? Anyway, I have never shaved above the knee and you can't even see that I have hair on my thighs--plus, the are never stubbly.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    And here I really thought I was the only one who did not shave above the knee. So happy to know I am not the only one.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I always have a cami on. I own camis in like 10 different colors.

however, while i originally started wearing them to cover myself more, now i just really like that style.

Oh, I do this too! I have tanks I wear under everything to tuck into my pants to hold my gut in a bit. I've found I don't have to do it quite as much lately, tho.
  • ms_blonde_2008
    Options
    One time I couldn't fit into some pants I had always worn so i wrapped a ponytail holder around the button and tied it into the hole on the other side.. gave me like another inch of wiggle room.. lol how ridiculous.

I did this for a few months with different jeans. mainly because I didn't want to go out and buy new jeans.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My hubby thought I was going to pass out once while putting on my socks. He knew i was so ashamed...Ever since that day he started to play it off like he wanted to massage my feet and then put my socks on for me. Now that I'm losing weight, i'm proud to say I put on my own socks..lol but I still get the massage :happy:
    I pick things up with my feet...can't bend over all of the time. You know you're getting fat when you bend over in jeans and lose circulation to your face... :embarassed:
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    One time I couldn't fit into some pants I had always worn so i wrapped a ponytail holder around the button and tied it into the hole on the other side.. gave me like another inch of wiggle room.. lol how ridiculous.

I did this for a few months with different jeans. mainly because I didn't want to go out and buy new jeans.

I did this very thing for a year or so.

Kris
  • purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    Options
    i have a pair of maternity pants. they are my favorite pants. i sleep in them and wear them around the house. I rarely shave 6 inches above my knee. i always wear longer shorts. like no hoochie shorts. always fingertip length atleast but most are knee or calf. then i will drink several large glasses of water at a restraunt before eating so i am more full and have to pee alot during the meal so i have to step away from the food. i were a corset if im meeting someone i really care about how they see me as. i corset for crying out loud. i own 3 or 4.
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    <
    Used to carry around baby powder in my purse for the inside of my thighs

Augh I never thought of doing this! I need this so bad since I'm only comfortable in dresses. =,[
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves for the "shaving thing"

Somehow I knew a guy was going to come along and protest about that :laugh: lol!

Its a rare and lucky week when I shave ANY of my leg - normally I am either wearing long pants or I run to the bathroom and do like a really quick and dirty one just to lop off the worst patches. To be fair I hardly grow any leg hair (asian!) so its not like a forest, but I'm sure its relatively obvious when I wave my calves at someone (so I rarely do).

What's the big deal, its annoying to shave properly (without hurting your skin). Every so often I run into a walkin salon and get em waxed too but lots of weeks its ALL there.

No one can make me feel bad about it. I feel bad about all the girls who CAN'T leave the house unless everything is perfect, that's like 30 minutes of my life every day that I get to do other things. :D

Heh to the ladies tying their jeans on - I never got THAT bad but I was apparently squeezing an extra 25 lbs into my jeans - the pair I am currently wearing is just now starting to get EVER so slightly lose, only in that "oh hey these jeans aren't tight at ALL, and no muffin top!" way. I have no idea how I was jamming 25 extra pounds in there. like 25 lbs of muffin top???
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My husband is Danish. He wouldn't care if I ever shaved. He says, "it's just hair."
    But, I do, below the knee. If I am going swimming I will bush hog the top!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I used to avoid washing jeans because I knew once I dried them, I'd have to "break" them in. I would pull them up and do a few "squats" to make sure I could stretch out the waistband.

Wear layered shirts so I didn't look like I had belly sticking out.

I still wear 3/4 sleeve shirts because my upper arms aren't quite there yet.