1/6 - 2.4 miles
    1/7 - 2 miles + 30-minute boxing session
    1/8 - 5 miles

13.9 miles so far / 50-mile goal
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    inh1292113 wrote: »
    I a new to this site and just getting back to running after 5 months off. I really miss it. My goal for January is to run 3 times per week or a total of 45 km for the month of January.

Welcome! That is a great goal!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom Here is my TOP SECRET RECIPE for my after run drink.

6 oz of cold brewed coffee concentrate
    19gram of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Syrup
    6 oz of cold whole milk
    2 oz of filtered water

Boom. 120 calories, 20g carbs, 6g fat and 6g protein.

Right around that 3:1 number. :smiley:

Great info. Now to get it to 4:1 like my nutritionist wants. She wants me getting 60g Carbs and 15g protein. I bet I can tinker with your recipe to get close to that.

Need more carbs? Add sugar. Really easy. :)

Lol... yeah!

I'm actually going to try 200 cal of no flavor tailwind with my protein powder tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

Honestly, that sounds like it will suck :) But give it a shot and report back. :)

Solid 3/10. Not good, but not horrible. Slammed it fast
  • PastorVincent
    Options

6 oz of cold whole milk
    2 oz of filtered water

Great info. Now to get it to 4:1 like my nutritionist wants. She wants me getting 60g Carbs and 15g protein. I bet I can tinker with your recipe to get close to that.

Lol... yeah!

I'm actually going to try 200 cal of no flavor tailwind with my protein powder tomorrow. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

Honestly, that sounds like it will suck :) But give it a shot and report back. :)

Good to know my instincts are still on par. :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

6 oz of cold whole milk
    2 oz of filtered water

Lol... yeah!

Good to know my instincts are still on par. :)

I'll still drink it..... I have pretty low standards for what's acceptable after a run....LOL
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

@teresa502 Maybe we'll see each other there, my next scheduled goal race is Gasparilla 8K!

That would be great!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    January goal: Keep kicking at Zumbro training
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 140? I really don't know. Real plan is to follow training and coach's advice well.

1/1- REST
    1/2- 8.1
    1/3- 6.4
    1/4- REST
    1/5- 4.8
    1/6- 8.1
    1/7- 5.4
    1/8- REST
    1/9- 8.5

Total: 41.3

Today's notes: Hill Repeats day. I really wasn't looking forward to this. Coach keeps ramping up my repeats, and I know I'm going to be slower, as the volume increases, and I don't want to be moving slower...LOL...

... Anyway, assignment was 10x2min hill repeats with recovery being whatever it took to get back to the bottom of the hill. I was pretty tired today and seeing that it got down to -4F this morning didn't help my mood at all. Repeats were, as I kind of expected, slow. I averaged 7:39 pace on the uphills, so I'm kind of disappointed but, atleast I got it done.

When I got done with my run, I slammed my protein powder + Tailwind shake.... not exactly a failed experiment, but not something I'd recommend for anyone else to try.

Have a Runderful day!

2018 races and possibilities
    3/28- END-SURE 50k
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    7/28- Minnesota Voyageur 50 (coach brought up this one)
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile (Lottery)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I just reread your blog post. You have amazing goals for 2018, like how they are whole life goals. With the running issues, good call on checking with your doctor. I am certain that you'll get to the bottom of things and be running farther in no time!
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    @Ryokat - I usually pull my coat sleeve up a tad, and make sure my Garmin is against my skin, covering the space between my sleeve and my glove. That way it has contact with the skin and is also visible, while all of my skin stays covered by something. Have never had a problem with that "exposed" part of my arm getting cold, and my Garmin never freezes up. Might be worth a shot for you.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @Ryokat - I usually pull my coat sleeve up a tad, and make sure my Garmin is against my skin, covering the space between my sleeve and my glove. That way it has contact with the skin and is also visible, while all of my skin stays covered by something. Have never had a problem with that "exposed" part of my arm getting cold, and my Garmin never freezes up. Might be worth a shot for you.

If I am only wearing 1 layer (with or without glove) I do the same. If I add a jacket, I let the jacket cover the watch as it is easy to brush back when I want to look at it. Works well for me at least. :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

I go chest strap in winter. frostbite can be an issue on some of my runs....
  • springtimez
    springtimez Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1/8- 4 miles
    15/50 miles so far!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for January

1/1 REST DAY <<< traveling back from FL
    1/2 6.2 miles - 6.2
    1/3 REST DAY
    1/4 6.5 miles - 12.7
    1/5 5 miles - 17.7
    1/6 10 miles - 27.7
    1/7 REST DAY
    1/8 REST DAY
    1/9 7 miles - 34.7

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18

• ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Tried to catch up on reading, but gave up with several pages left.

I did not run this weekend. Just poor planning on my part and a lack of motivation. I did bust out 2 miles on the TM yesterday at lunch, before my strength class. By the time I made it down to the gym and got changed, I had 17 minutes before class started. I figured I'd just pick a relatively fast speed and see how far I could get in that time--and I ended up getting to 2 miles in 16:15. And could have kept going for longer at that pace if I'd had the time.

Power Pump was hard to get through. With my vacation in December and the fact that New Years Day was on a Monday (so no class), I hadn't done any strength training in about a month. I'm sore today, particularly in the chest and hamstrings. Planning on going to step class over lunch, and can hopefully get in a couple more miles either before or after class.

13 miles completed of my 60 mile goal
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    I just got my ticker created! The only problem is whenever I add the mileage it doesn't update on the image. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I think it most likely shows up correctly for the rest of us, because when I have the issue (which is pretty much every time I add miles) I usually clear my browser cache and then it shows correctly for me.

You have to reload the webpage from scratch. Hold the shift key down then hit the reload button on your browser. Not sure how to do that if you are viewing it from your phone.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn @JessicaMcB What is the running nutritional darkside?

Starting in September (probably) I'm going to transition to a High Fat Low Carb diet.... kind of a big debate on that issue in the long distance community. I would have done it sooner, but my coach said to hold off until after the racing season, and he's a HFLC athlete so he knows how switching effects training.

Please report back your results. Be interested to hear.

I'll blog on it.

Speaking of blogging. Since I'm (relatively) new to trail running and technically an "ultramarathoner" is there anything this group would be interested in me blogging about? I've mainly been writing up training logs but I figure it would be a good way to share what I learn, but I don't know what people are interested in. So if there are any topics folks want to know about, I can blog it and then just share when things are up, as my blog address is always posted when I post my daily updates.

What the heck is wrong with you for wanting to run that far in that much cold weather?

-winks-
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    What the heck is wrong with you for wanting to run that far in that much cold weather?

-winks-

Too much to fit in anything less than a multi volume series of books.