wizzybeth wrote: »
    This is one of the more weird Threads I've been in

But most insightful :lol:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

yeah well it's more interesting than talking about "how can I get more protein again"
    (well if you ask me) I feel like good dueces are NOT appreciated enough in this society!!!

and like this lovely points out- people are hesitant to discuss or ask!!!
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think this is quite an excellent thread, on a health/fitness site: I suspect many people wonder if they're normal, but hesitate to ask.

It's probably my inner li'l ol' lady breaking out, but I don't understand why so many people hesitate to discuss things that literally every (healthy) person does. Discuss in the right situation only, of course!

^^ EXACTLY!!! TOTALLY THE POINT!!!!

ALSO- keeping in line with poop- squatty potty anyone? I know it's life changing for some people- I felt "meh" about it- but I could get one when I wind up with some spare change lying around (that's not a real thing by the way)- but yes- I may pick one up in a little bit- they aren't expensive- I know about 5 people who swear by them.

Thoughts?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

yeah well it's more interesting than talking about "how can I get more protein again"
    (well if you ask me) I feel like good dueces are NOT appreciated enough in this society!!!

I think this is quite an excellent thread, on a health/fitness site: I suspect many people wonder if they're normal, but hesitate to ask.

It's probably my inner li'l ol' lady breaking out, but I don't understand why so many people hesitate to discuss things that literally every (healthy) person does. Discuss in the right situation only, of course!

ALSO- keeping in line with poop- squatty potty anyone? I know it's life changing for some people- I felt "meh" about it- but I could get one when I wind up with some spare change lying around (that's not a real thing by the way)- but yes- I may pick one up in a little bit- they aren't expensive- I know about 5 people who swear by them.

Thoughts?

I would like to hear from people who use the squatty potty too! I have one sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, but haven't placed the order yet. I'm wondering how something so basic/straightforward can make such a huge difference??
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

GREAT for constipation, makes passing much more comfortable. Not a huge difference for normal days, but a bit smoother and probably cleaner passage. However HORRIBLE if you are having stomach cramps, as it kind of squishes the abdominal area, and makes things much more uncomfortable.
    Also a great combo is a bidet attachment with it. Especially helpful if things are a bit stubborn and you need to clear a minor roadblock, if things are rather "explosive" and messier than normal or simply on those days when you would normally end up chafed and raw, because you've had to wipe several more times than normal. Only downside is it is a but annoying to clean around. The workings parts have protective covers, but since it is nit wuite in line with tbe water that is flushing into the bowl, it doesn't get rinsed eveeytime you fkudh, like the rest of the bowl does.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds

In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds.

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who wants to take a picture of a *kitten* and share it- I usually don't- but DAMN- sometimes- it's like- holy lord on earth- WHERE did I even keep that?!?!?!

I have also weighed myself before and after- I take pooping very seriously.
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Every morning usually 30-40 minutes upon waking up. If I don't go I will go the following morning.

The one day I have multiple poo's is the day of TOM. Not sure what happens this day but it seems to be a great cleaning out never the less. lol
    OH GOOD "exception"!!!
    I also go more during TOM- usually 2 x a time. sometimes upwards of 3 if I'm eating a lot more. Which is annoying- b/c nothing worse than bleeding is pooping and bleeding extra- I feel like I need to shower multiple times a day. Also- #babywipesforlife

I remember talking to a college buddy about this- apparently b/c everything during TOM is like "OUT- EVERYONE OUT" so your body is actively working to "shed" and so you go more. True or not- I have no idea- but I know a lot of women say they go a LOT more on their TOM.

I hate it- but it's very true.

A friend's son and his mates used to spend waaaay to much time on a website called "rate my poo". I have no idea if this is still a thing, and as I'm at work I have no intention of finding out.

And it's #teamworkpoop for the win.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »

Thoughts?

GREAT for constipation, makes passing much more comfortable. Not a huge difference for normal days, but a bit smoother and probably cleaner passage. However HORRIBLE if you are having stomach cramps, as it kind of squishes the abdominal area, and makes things much more uncomfortable.
    Also a great combo is a bidet attachment with it. Especially helpful if things are a bit stubborn and you need to clear a minor roadblock, if things are rather "explosive" and messier than normal or simply on those days when you would normally end up chafed and raw, because you've had to wipe several more times than normal. Only downside is it is a but annoying to clean around. The workings parts have protective covers, but since it is nit wuite in line with tbe water that is flushing into the bowl, it doesn't get rinsed eveeytime you fkudh, like the rest of the bowl does.

I don't think I realized there was an attachment- I hadn't every really had interest in any attachments- but sounds useful the way you put it.
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds

In regard to size of the load...I once woke up, peed, weighed in. Then went about my day, eating breakfast, lunch and a snack...came home and took a dump...lost 2 pounds overall. The poo weighed as much as all my meals plus an extra two pounds.

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who wants to take a picture of a *kitten* and share it- I usually don't- but DAMN- sometimes- it's like- holy lord on earth- WHERE did I even keep that?!?!?!

I have also weighed myself before and after- I take pooping very seriously.
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Every morning usually 30-40 minutes upon waking up. If I don't go I will go the following morning.

The one day I have multiple poo's is the day of TOM. Not sure what happens this day but it seems to be a great cleaning out never the less. lol
    OH GOOD "exception"!!!
    I also go more during TOM- usually 2 x a time. sometimes upwards of 3 if I'm eating a lot more. Which is annoying- b/c nothing worse than bleeding is pooping and bleeding extra- I feel like I need to shower multiple times a day. Also- #babywipesforlife

I remember talking to a college buddy about this- apparently b/c everything during TOM is like "OUT- EVERYONE OUT" so your body is actively working to "shed" and so you go more. True or not- I have no idea- but I know a lot of women say they go a LOT more on their TOM.

I hate it- but it's very true.

A friend's son and his mates used to spend waaaay to much time on a website called "rate my poo". I have no idea if this is still a thing, and as I'm at work I have no intention of finding out.

And it's #teamworkpoop for the win.

That's hysterical. I shall also NOT be looking that up at work- and I have to admit- at what- 33? I probably should move on from that type of mentality- BUT IT"S SO DIFFICULT. #stillachild
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I agree with the bolded, just not sure it should be in the food section :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    OMG, I shouldn't have looked. I now want a squatty potty o:)
  • MACnCHEESEY
    MACnCHEESEY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every morning, usually 1-2 hours after waking; a cup of coffee helps narrow the window if I need to expedite things or have it be more predictable... and a second either in the afternoon or evening, that one is less predictable. Frequently, it's 3x a day, rarely it's only once. The days when it's only once by 9pm or so, I'm starting to watch for what's wrong, am I dehydrated, what have I eaten, have I had enough fiber/water... most of the deuces are super satisfying, 10-12" of smooth-moving but solid, clean, weight-lifting poos. occassionally there is an epic deuce in there, the kind that makes me want to text a pic to my bff because she's the kind who gets it and appreciates that stuff... I sincerely cannot imagine going a full day without pooping, let alone 3. that sounds fully miserable to me. I think I'd be at the doctor or internet searching for home remedies by the 36 hour mark.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Today was the day!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I just went.
    That is the first time since I think Sunday.
    Gosh, I need more fiber or something.
    Coffee used to keep me pretty regular but I drink it too much now.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Twice a day. I couldn't imagine not going every day.

High fiber diet and a squatty potty ftw!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I go everyday - once in the morning. That's my normal. Sometimes I take a dump at work too.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    wow...I can go 7-10 days without a bm...usually it's once a week if I work at it. IBS-C to blame and no amount of dietary changes help. I do have a squatty potty and that has helped take the edge off....I am so envious of anyone that goes regularly.
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I go every morning at least twice and most of the time after lunch. My first dump in the morning is monumental... lol. It rises above the water level. I don't eat much meat, only when my son is with me (50%) I'm mostly vegetables. I've never had a problem going to the bathroom and most people are envious of me. It's a gift and a curse.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Normal is whatever you're accustomed to. That means I might have a bowel movement every day, and I might not. When I was obese and always overeating, I produced solid waste every day. When I've been attempting to lose weight and pay careful attention to getting enough fiber, fat, and protein, I occasionally skip 1, 2, or 3 days between production of solid waste. That's still normal.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Man, people poop a lot. My normal seems abnormal, reading through! :D