New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hiul9k035yf9.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hiul9k035yf9.jpg

WOW this looks interesting I love diet coke so will be trying these if I see them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Nice to see all the quest cookie reviews. I bought one of each to try. Just so you guys know ibotta has 1 cash back to buy ANY quest bar and any quest cookie and 1.50 back halo top coupon :smile:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nice to see all the quest cookie reviews. I bought one of each to try. Just so you guys know ibotta has 1 cash back to buy ANY quest bar and any quest cookie and 1.50 back halo top coupon :smile:

Thanks for that, I never even knew Ibotta worked for the Vitamin Shoppe! I got the peanut butter cookie but I noticed Junk Banter posted a review for each flavor and Oatmeal Raisin surprisingly was the highest rated so I definitely need to go back and try it!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Took me a while to try this since 250 calories is more than I like to spend on yogurt, and it’s not something I’ll get again. It tastes good and is very creamy, but there’s nothing special about it making it worth 250 calories. No pecan bits or anything to keep it interesting, and the flavor is really subtle all I taste is sweetness. I’d be much happier seeing a red velvet or a peanut butter flavor, so far my favorite is the Cinnabon but even that one isn’t something I would eat that often for the calories.
    04l0uozy4wub.jpeg
  • haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    haleyrhart wrote: »
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.

There’s sugar in butter? I thought it was just agitated cream plus a bit of salt (if salted)?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

There’s sugar in butter? I thought it was just agitated cream plus a bit of salt (if salted)?

The max 0.1g per 100g butter was hiding from you.... Naughty, naughty lactose.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options

The max 0.1g per 100g butter was hiding from you.... Naughty, naughty lactose.

Damn it lactose!
  • hgycta
    edited January 2018
    Options

I don’t know if all ghee butter tastes the same or not (I’ve only recently discovered it myself) but the samples of it I tried from 4th and heart were amazing! They sent me their california garlic, original, and vanilla ghee on the go pouches to try and I can’t believe how much creamier and rich it is than butter! I was always skeptical of trying bulletproof coffee but I made some for myself using a cup of regular coffee blended with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ghee, it turned out very well! 4th and heart also has a coffee ghee butter I noticed on amazon with good reviews that is relatively new, I’m sort of tempted to buy it...
    l11f3144qj17.png

I finally tried my first Waffle Waffle... WOAH this thing is sweet! It tastes like the cupcake pancakes at IHOP inside one tiny little waffle, the thing has buttercream icing literally infused in it! Way too sweet for my dad but being the sugar heathen I am I gobbled the entire thing up. 300 calories for a small serving, but worth every bite! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor? I seriously need to find it now...
    dwluhdg6rzxe.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    tmp_uCjTOd_5d1f11ce37cc054d_OREO_Chocolate_Hazelnut.jpg

I like them. Tastes a bit too artificial but again, it's Oreos, what do you expect, lol. You can definitely taste the hazelnut though, I'm not sure what Impulsive Buy is on about.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried the new tic tac gum, I thought it was delicious but unfortunately the flavor doesn’t last very long at all. Fun for snacking on with a cool texture, but the little pieces are sort of loud when you initially chew through the shell and may not be very ideal for eating in public unless you want people to look over at you as you pop each piece in (which a serving size is 6 pieces so that adds up to quite a distraction) haha
    whpjuhjuxccs.jpeg

I'm the idiot that bought this & thought it was a regular Tic Tac :D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Went to the vitamin shoppe to try the new red velvet ONE bar but they didn’t have it yet so I decided to try the new Quest cookies. I only got the peanut butter since I didn’t like the ones in Quest Labs (it was flat and tasted just like they baked a regular protein bar, nothing special).
    Fortunately, there is A LOT of improvement with these cookies!!! The top has a sugary crunch to it and it’s much more thick, dense, soft, and chewy. It’s identical to Buff Bake cookies and doesn’t taste like they baked a regular protein bar, definitely a different recipe. I’ll definitely buy it again! Great flavor! You can tell it’s a protein cookie but at least it didn’t taste like a protein bar. I was out so I just had it regular but I bet it would be a lot better microwaved a little!
    0neccqwvwvz4.jpeg

One day I'll try this, but I just loaded up on protein goodies at the Grocery Outlet.

They have Power Bar in various flavors like Cookies & Cream, Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter, Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake, & various other flavors for around $1.75-$3.99 a box.

They also have single bars of Nitro Crunch.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My wife finally found the Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream last week! There were 10 pints left, so she bought 8 and left 2.

Noticed that the band said "limited" which doesn't bode well for it being available for long.

(And now there is currently just 1 pint left in my freezer. So the quest to find more continues.)

Still no luck here. Probably a good thing.

I need to find more.

Just one pint left in my freezer.

**panic**

Do you have any near expiration date stores near you @jofjtncb6?

That's how I scored a ton of Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake for $1.99 a container. It might not show up for months after it's pulled from regular distributors, but it's always worth a shot.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My wife finally found the Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream last week! There were 10 pints left, so she bought 8 and left 2.

Noticed that the band said "limited" which doesn't bode well for it being available for long.

(And now there is currently just 1 pint left in my freezer. So the quest to find more continues.)

Still no luck here. Probably a good thing.

I need to find more.

Just one pint left in my freezer.

**panic**

Do you have any near expiration date stores near you @jofjtncb6?

That's how I scored a ton of Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake for $1.99 a container. It might not show up for months after it's pulled from regular distributors, but it's always worth a shot.

I don't think so, but I'll add that to my list of possibilities.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Well it’s official I tried every flavor of these things. To my complete and utter surprise, the one I was expecting to like the least is the one I like the most! Rather than being boring like I feared, it was DELICIOUS and had such a nice, sweet vanilla flavor to it and reminded me of vanilla ice cream in yogurt form. I didn’t expect this one to have a swirl so that also came as a pleasant surprise. For 250 calories I can’t see myself really buying the others again, although this one I probably will at least once a month. Better than the Cinnabon one.... I can’t believe it! It has the macros of a dessert but at least this one tastes more like one and I wouldnt mind substituting it as much!
    a0fnw3ij7rpx.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well it’s official I tried every flavor of these things. To my complete and utter surprise, the one I was expecting to like the least is the one I like the most! Rather than being boring like I feared, it was DELICIOUS and had such a nice, sweet vanilla flavor to it and reminded me of vanilla ice cream in yogurt form. I didn’t expect this one to have a swirl so that also came as a pleasant surprise. For 250 calories I can’t see myself really buying the others again, although this one I probably will at least once a month. Better than the Cinnabon one.... I can’t believe it! It has the macros of a dessert but at least this one tastes more like one and I wouldnt mind substituting it as much!
    a0fnw3ij7rpx.jpeg

Agreed, the vanilla one is delicious.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    a0fnw3ij7rpx.jpeg

gah, I have one in the fridge that I haven't tried yet so brb
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    9t4z5kl3y4yy.jpg

I tried the new Quest protein cookie this morning. They didn't have peanut butter, so I had to settle for chocolate chip.

Which...wasn't really "settling"--I think I can finally retire Lenny and Larry! There was a "wang" aftertaste, but overall it was tasty enough. Big chocolate pieces, as well. I'm very looking forward to trying the peanut butter. :)