***TEAM PERSEVERANCE - AUGUST CHALLENGE*** (Closed group)

Options

Replies

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    WEEKLY WEIGH IN: I want you to either post your weight in here or message me if you don't want it seen by everyone. It needs done either Sunday night or Monday morning. You choose.

We earn 1 point for every pound our team loses.

THANK YOU!!!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The list says squat kicks. Has this changed?
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Hi Judy that list is a preview of week 2 and the squat kicks come on Monday. Today is 25 squat lunges. I will post on your profile incase you don't see this soon. Have a wonderful day!!!

Also I will be keeping Diana Nyad in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow as she starts her 103 mile swim from Cuba to Florida with no shark cage. And we think this challenge is tough.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    ALSO it has been brought to my attention that all of you have REAL LIVES outside of MFP and this challenge, lol. Thank the Lord for that! Love you guys soooo much! SO what I want to offer you is this: if you are too busy to log in and get online PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just message my cell OR give me your number and I can text you the daily challenge and you can text me back if you completed it! I have unlimited texting and my number is: 417-217-0625

Even if you are just having a rough day and need a shoulder to lean on and encouragement just reach out to me and text! I am your biggest cheerleader!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    Yesterdays:
    calorie:under
    25 push ups: done
    water: 64oz

im ready for the squats today but my shoulder has been bothering me.. boo.

have a great saturady everyone!
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    ALSO it has been brought to my attention that all of you have REAL LIVES outside of MFP and this challenge, lol. Thank the Lord for that! Love you guys soooo much! SO what I want to offer you is this: if you are too busy to log in and get online PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just message my cell OR give me your number and I can text you the daily challenge and you can text me back if you completed it! I have unlimited texting and my number is: 417-217-0625

Even if you are just having a rough day and need a shoulder to lean on and encouragement just reach out to me and text! I am your biggest cheerleader!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I know I said this before, but I just can't help myself.

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for putting so much of yourself out there for all of us. I must say this has been quite a motivational tool for me. Thank you so much.:happy:
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    DAY 6 -

25 Squat lunges - done
    Under cals - done
    64oz water - done +

= Week 1 - DONE!!!! :wink:

Thanks team for all your support
    :happy:
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    under calories: done

64 + oz water: done

25 squat lunges: done

Day 6: done!!

Let's go Team Perseverance!!!!!
  • Wanted to introduce myself! Just joined the team on Thursday!

I am the Director of a Prayer House-where people can come and receive prayer 6 days a week. I'm a makeup artist, costume designer, own my own jewelry business and my hubby just directed a movie that is coming out in the fall/winter.
    With that said, I have essentially put my health on the back burner for years. I've been too proud to ask for any help and embarrassed that I needed to. Wow... that was hard to write. My life has always been about helping others but somewhere I got lost in that.

I AM SO THANKFUL TO FIND MFP. I plan to make the very most of it. One the first day of logging, I was eating pizza rolls. Today I have logged more fruits and veggies than I thought possible.

Regarding my profile name... People have told me since my teens that I look like Wonder Woman. It is a great compliment but also very humbling and sad to me as I look more like her 'plump daughter'... But that is about to change! I will not be sad to hear people mention Wonder Woman to me anymore! :)

~~Heather... the EMERGING Wonder Woman!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Ty for the kind words Robbie, very sweet of you! Just trying to be available to everyone. Sadly, I wish I could offer the same to our 3 teammates who are outside the US.

Wow Heather you are one busy lady!! Sounds like you have a very exciting and fulfilling life! So thrilled to have you on our team now!!!
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Lunges - done :)

Water - waaaay over

Calories - will be under tonight, for sure.

Miles done for the team (can we start this now? I purposely upped my workout today to get some extra mileage in!!!): 1.5
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Elana I deeply appreciate your positive attitude. TY so much!!! You will go far in life with a spirit like you have! Don't ever lose it!

I did the squat lunges today too team BUT I added 3 pound weights in each hand as I did them to push myself harder.

I will be under calories today and of course drank around 1.5 gallons of water today.

Elana we will officially start the miles on Monday and I hope and pray that everyone will pitch in for us to reach 100 next week.
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Check for everything today!!! I'll do my weight in the morning but I have lost 3'' all over.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Oh Sherri I am soooo happy for you!!! That is such incredible news to hear!!! I love hearing it, I just can't tell you how much!!!

REMEMBER: I want everyone thinking about how many miles than can commit to next week PLUS we all have to post a favorite recipe in our forum WITH THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE. Read Gary's rules below please:

Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will need to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
    rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
    favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
    you must find another recipe to submit.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    Lazy day today but got my challenge exercise in early. Hubby did them with me. Here's the scoop:

25 Squat lunges: yes
    Under cals: yes
    72 oz. water: yes

Hope everyone has a great night! Hitting the bed early to read some Karen Kingsbury before I go to sleep. Love her!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Ty so much for posting Bonnie and enjoy a blessed evening curled up with a wonderful book! Sounds cozy indeed! Tell the hubby I said WOO HOO WAY TO GO, for working out with you!!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I have been asked for a current list of our team. Well here it is. People who have left us and dropped out are no longer on the list. Sooo this is who we have now. 2 people on the list have been MIA this entire week. I have reached out to them and if I don't hear back by the beginning of this week, sigh, I'm just moving on. Now don't sit there thinking... is she talking about me.. does she mean me. You know who you are if you signed up on day one and have done nothing yet. Missing a day here or there is NOT what I'm talking about. If you are one of those people then for goodness sakes reach out to me, I'm the most understanding person you will ever meet! HUGS!!!!!

1beachteacher
    AmandaR910
    arielle0489
    bonniehoskins
    boosmama98
    fitnhealthyccthatsme
    emilyahsmommy
    godswonderwoman
    Jack_mc
    JulesWatkins
    kjnicol
    kweeden
    Lori_menorahlover
    ncgatorfan
    NeuroticVirgo
    rjsewell
    SeatownJ
    sherrisloan
    sumjoy
    tanya7712
    Trans4mations
    trimom63
    elana1987
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Under calorie goal!
    Drank 64+ oz water!
    Completed 25 squat lunges!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx for checking in Judy!!!!!
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Squat lunges - done
    Water - done
    Calories - under goal

I added an extra mile to my walking routine today in preparation for next week. I haven't put my workout routine on paper since it hasn't really been routine. I need to do that so I can see where to add in the extra mileage. I figure if I can go three miles instead of two each time I'm walking and working toward jogging, it's a step closer to beginning my 5K training. :-)

I'm also doing some recipe research. I have several favorites, but need to gather nutritional value.