New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I finally tried my first of these Modern Oats. This was the free sample that was posted in this thread a month or so ago. I tried the coconut almond. Blandly sweet. It could have used some berries to add tartness or something. I added a little salt, just to cut the sweetness. I definitely won't be adding this into my food rotation. Creating my own oatmeal medley is cheaper and tastier.

bo41ac7ifeca.jpg
    nbrftr8vv8p3.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I finally tried my first of these Modern Oats. This was the free sample that was posted in this thread a month or so ago. I tried the coconut almond. Blandly sweet. It could have used some berries to add tartness or something. I added a little salt, just to cut the sweetness. I definitely won't be adding this into my food rotation. Creating my own oatmeal medley is cheaper and tastier.

bo41ac7ifeca.jpg
    nbrftr8vv8p3.jpg

That's my feeling about oats in general, lol!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly pretty disappointed with these. I normally love Lindt and LOVE red velvet, but they could have done a lot better. They should have used a cream cheeese shell instead of white chocolate and the inside tasted cheap and artificial. Overall very waxy and reminded me of something Hershey’s would have released. Didn’t taste anything like red velvet should.
    1leczm3wqkks.jpeg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I ate another pint of HD Sea Salt Caramel Truffle tonight. (I think that’s eight in the last two weeks.) Still my favorite. By far.
  • Francl27
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I ate another pint of HD Sea Salt Caramel Truffle tonight. (I think that’s eight in the last two weeks.) Still my favorite. By far.

Still no luck finding it.
  • Daveygirl1
    Daveygirl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    P28 wraps. Just ordered some!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    New bars always catch my eyes lol. I love my bars. FL_HERO_LUNArica_scn_R1_625x510.png
    FL_HERO_LUNArica_cca_R1_625x510.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    o1q6sul0m1z1.jpg
    k3t879lvejnw.jpg
    e8nnxxtwd0di.jpg

klq5vnuzee4v.jpg

So I tried these thinslim bagels. I thought, WOW there is no way these can only be 60 calories with the size of them. (put the gum for size reference) They are huge for 60 calories and the ingredients seem pretty normal, so I was skeptical. They smelled amazing and felt nice and soft. However, they were not very good at all. They tasted like stale bread (I toasted in oven with cream cheese). They were very chewy and stale tasting. Next time I will toast longer to try to get them to be crunchy but they were hard to bite into because they were so chewy. I guess if you need a super low calorie vehicle for your bagel toppings they would do the trick, but I wouldn't buy again especially for 8 bucks...

Also tried the chocolate peanut butter muffin. Looked great with some chocolate chips, but again did not taste good. I much prefer the simply scrumptious cloud cakes to these. It did not taste anything like peanut butter. Again, if I was on a 1200 cal diet I probably would really like these, but for me I'd much rather use more calories and have something that actually tastes good lol.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    o1q6sul0m1z1.jpg
    k3t879lvejnw.jpg
    e8nnxxtwd0di.jpg

klq5vnuzee4v.jpg

So I tried these thinslim bagels. I thought, WOW there is no way these can only be 60 calories with the size of them. (put the gum for size reference) They are huge for 60 calories and the ingredients seem pretty normal, so I was skeptical. They smelled amazing and felt nice and soft. However, they were not very good at all. They tasted like stale bread (I toasted in oven with cream cheese). They were very chewy and stale tasting. Next time I will toast longer to try to get them to be crunchy but they were hard to bite into because they were so chewy. I guess if you need a super low calorie vehicle for your bagel toppings they would do the trick, but I wouldn't buy again especially for 8 bucks...

Also tried the chocolate peanut butter muffin. Looked great with some chocolate chips, but again did not taste good. I much prefer the simply scrumptious cloud cakes to these. It did not taste anything like peanut butter. Again, if I was on a 1200 cal diet I probably would really like these, but for me I'd much rather use more calories and have something that actually tastes good lol.

I don't even understand how those muffins can be 45 calories when they have olive oil and almond meal in them.

I agree. If I were to log these, I'd ignore whatever logic went behind deducting calories for fiber and sugar alcohols and go with the straight calorie calculation of (1*9)+(26*4)= 113 calories. That's at least a bit more believable. I'd also do the same for the ThinSlim bagels.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hiul9k035yf9.jpg

Ooh, definitely want to try the ginger & cherry flavors.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    haleyrhart wrote: »
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.

I don’t know if all ghee butter tastes the same or not (I’ve only recently discovered it myself) but the samples of it I tried from 4th and heart were amazing! They sent me their california garlic, original, and vanilla ghee on the go pouches to try and I can’t believe how much creamier and rich it is than butter! I was always skeptical of trying bulletproof coffee but I made some for myself using a cup of regular coffee blended with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ghee, it turned out very well! 4th and heart also has a coffee ghee butter I noticed on amazon with good reviews that is relatively new, I’m sort of tempted to buy it...
    l11f3144qj17.png

I finally tried my first Waffle Waffle... WOAH this thing is sweet! It tastes like the cupcake pancakes at IHOP inside one tiny little waffle, the thing has buttercream icing literally infused in it! Way too sweet for my dad but being the sugar heathen I am I gobbled the entire thing up. 300 calories for a small serving, but worth every bite! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor? I seriously need to find it now...
    dwluhdg6rzxe.jpeg

Where'd you find the Waffle?
  • Francl27
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    haleyrhart wrote: »
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.

I don’t know if all ghee butter tastes the same or not (I’ve only recently discovered it myself) but the samples of it I tried from 4th and heart were amazing! They sent me their california garlic, original, and vanilla ghee on the go pouches to try and I can’t believe how much creamier and rich it is than butter! I was always skeptical of trying bulletproof coffee but I made some for myself using a cup of regular coffee blended with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ghee, it turned out very well! 4th and heart also has a coffee ghee butter I noticed on amazon with good reviews that is relatively new, I’m sort of tempted to buy it...
    l11f3144qj17.png

I finally tried my first Waffle Waffle... WOAH this thing is sweet! It tastes like the cupcake pancakes at IHOP inside one tiny little waffle, the thing has buttercream icing literally infused in it! Way too sweet for my dad but being the sugar heathen I am I gobbled the entire thing up. 300 calories for a small serving, but worth every bite! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor? I seriously need to find it now...
    dwluhdg6rzxe.jpeg

Where'd you find the Waffle?

I've only seen boxes of 4 waffle waffles but never the birthday cake flavor! We all love them here (mostly the original and cinnamon ones), I stock up every time they're on sale at Shop Rite.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Has anyone bought the International Delight yogurts at other stores or are they an exclusive to Shop Rite?

I still have never found this either

Marie-Callenders-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Cream-Pie.jpg?resize=599%2C522&ssl=1
  • Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone bought the International Delight yogurts at other stores or are they an exclusive to Shop Rite?

I still have never found this either

Marie-Callenders-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Cream-Pie.jpg?resize=599%2C522&ssl=1

I don't go to many stores but I've only seen them at Shop Rite too.

For the pie, I admit I'm a pie snob and would probably never consider a frozen pie, lol.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly -I found the pie at Marianos, which is Kroger. It was alright, nothing super special. You'd get the exact same flavor putting vanilla pudding with chunks of cookie dough on a pie crust with whipped topping.

@Francl27 - I found Haagen Daaz Sea Salt Caramel at Jewel Osco, which is Albertsons. Either of those around you? The other option would be to see if Amazon Pantry or another food delivery service has it.