JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Day 6:Yesterday I accomplished all goals, except had two glasses of wine instead of the one I had pre-planned...and made it to 8 cups of water!

Personal success: Went out to dinner to celebrate 32 years with the hubs. I brought home 1/2 my entree. At the end of the meal the waitress brought out this sky high chocolate souffle as an anniversary treat from the restaurant. She placed a small scoop of whipped cream with Grand Marnier and then drizzled the whole thing with warm chocolate sauce and handed us each a spoon. It was quite lovely to behold and tasty, too! I had preplanned my food and once we arrived decided to not order one of the sides so voila! I was able to partake guilt free. But my biggest success was that I left several bites in the dish. I don't know that I've ever left chocolate anything...but I did! It was a good night and I felt quite satisfied with eating half of my entree...amazing.

Something I learned: We are all practicing. We are practicing to be healthy eaters. What happens when we practice? We mess up. We stumble. Sometimes we just decide not to practice for a day. But we correct our mess ups, we get back up and try again, and we enjoy our rest day for what it was without feeling the guilt (otherwise what's the point of a rest day), and we begin practicing again. As we learn a new instrument we practice the tune over and over and over again, until one day, we can do it with our eyes closed. But until that time, it can sound pretty ugh-ly! If we keep focused on the process, after awhile we become proficient at it.

Congrats to you and hubs on your anniversary, and to you for all your successes yesterday. Not sure I would've left anything on the plate, I might've even licked it clean! May I just say, I love your approach, and especially the "something I learned" part of your daily posts. Thank you for sharing!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Congrats to you and hubs on your anniversary, and to you for all your successes yesterday. Not sure I would've left anything on the plate, I might've even licked it clean! May I just say, I love your approach, and especially the "something I learned" part of your daily posts. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it...A six ounce filet mignon looks pretty darn small...then cut it in half, and wow! Where's the beef?!!! But two things went through my mind...the numbers MFP showed for eating the whole 6 oz (good grief) and the fact that I had written it down and claimed it on this board...at least for this time those two things motivated me to immediately cut my steak and veggies in half. I'm so grateful to have found JFT.

Let us know how the 5K goes! Good for you :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Also, what does your husband say?! Can you not ask him to stop you!!!

This is the worse part ..... I don't eat this junk food in front of him. I wait till he goes downstairs. Most of the time when I binge no one is around to see me (and then I hide all the candy wrappers in the trash!). See ... arn't I bad!!

LOL me and my OH do the same!
    I'll snack and shove wrappers down the sofa if he comes downstairs and he hides them down the side of the bed! We wait til the coast is clear and then bin it haha

My partner also waits until I'm asleep and then gets all the good stuff out lol