Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I drank Saturday and Sunday. I'm fine with that but frustrated at the reasons that I didn't have my other outlets. My knee prevented me from working out, on top of the usual issue with it I bruised it really badly on my son's bed frame early Saturday morning. And one of my other outlets, practicing my clarinet, I was unable to do because it's at the shop till later this week. I'm really pumped to step it up work out wise, especially with my new home gym so readily available, but my knee is preventing me from even jogging a couple slow miles. I'm going to get an MRI but that's only the first step to hopefully getting it fixed. At least I have found FitnessBlender and they have a wide range of at home workouts that are low impact. I'm just going to focus on doing what I'm able to and finish out this month strong and hopefully with a positive attitude (though, again, hormones are one issue that I can't control that really messes with my frame of mind).

Great job to everyone that's kept up with their goals through this second weekend!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I drank Saturday and Sunday. I'm fine with that but frustrated at the reasons that I didn't have my other outlets. My knee prevented me from working out, on top of the usual issue with it I bruised it really badly on my son's bed frame early Saturday morning. And one of my other outlets, practicing my clarinet, I was unable to do because it's at the shop till later this week. I'm really pumped to step it up work out wise, especially with my new home gym so readily available, but my knee is preventing me from even jogging a couple slow miles. I'm going to get an MRI but that's only the first step to hopefully getting it fixed. At least I have found FitnessBlender and they have a wide range of at home workouts that are low impact. I'm just going to focus on doing what I'm able to and finish out this month strong and hopefully with a positive attitude (though, again, hormones are one issue that I can't control that really messes with my frame of mind).

Great job to everyone that's kept up with their goals through this second weekend!

That sucks about your knee! I'm a runner as well and have had my share of injuries over the years. I discovered the FitnessBlender low-impact workout during vacation when I wanted to take a break from running on days we were hiking longer distances. The workout added a nice variety to my typical workouts and highlighted some weak areas all at the same time. I think you will enjoy doing them.

Good luck with everything!
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i found some wine with the alcohol removed. That did the trick tonight. :p

So, grape juice or vinegar? LOL

Not freeze dried, I hope?
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 7. No alcohol. I don’t even miss it really. I’m surprised. It’s so much easier to stick to my diet too bc I’m not saving calories for wine. Which, ultimately leads to me going over and then giving up. So far so good. And down 5 lbs this week which is prob a combination of water weight and fat loss. In any case, I’m happy.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    So here is how my weekend went. Saturday I drank - a lot. Don’t feel bad about it cause I planned on this, and I was celebrating my teams playoff win!
    But the next day was tough. The hangover sucked. And when hungover i want to eat bad food. But i didnt. I hate healthy and stayed under calories.

I actually handled Sunday night well. I went to the concert and was handed a beer as soon as i walked in. I took two or three small sips and decided i didnt want to drink and put it down. Then i went out to two bars afterwards with people and didnt drink either. The last bar was kind of tough cause i get social anxiety in crowded bars and booze helps. But i just left that bar and went home

I feel for you. You did well at the bars afterwards. Small triumphs make you feel stronger. Hang in there !
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @AmandaEdwards1 Bravo! Seven days and going strong.
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Day 14 here. This weekend was surprisingly easy. Not even really thinking about it. I will likely have a drink this weekend, but limited to 2. And then I’ll be dry again for another 7 weeks before my half marathon. It’s making a big change to my training & I’m not missing it at all. Keep going everyone!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I got home from a stressful week of helping with a tragic situation straight to a stressful situation at home. Guess what I did? Drank. Plenty. I'm so disappointed. Thirteen dry days and then wham. I was basically in the "I don't even care" mindset. Yuck. I'd like to say today is a new beginning but feel pretty fragile right now. Sigh.

You're not alone! We've all been there. Forgive yourself . Set some intentions for this new week. There always is hope for a fresh start. You have what it takes ; you proved it wirh 13 days alcohol free . Wishing you positive vibes.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 you're inspiring me - I may have to see if I can go two months right along with you! Just threw another $25 into the emergency fund I'm trying to grow after not drinking last week. I feel kind of rewarded when I do that. I'm also getting very used to having more to eat because I'm not drinking calories. It may be hard to give that up!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I did not drink Sunday. Normally I would go get some wine and cigarettes because I have Monday off for the Holiday. But I did not have anything to drink. I got up this morning and went to Bootcamp!!! I am hoping I can keep this mindset throughout the year. It feels great not binge drinking!!! Glad to see everyone else is doing well also!!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Back home from vacation as of last night, and I stayed away from the wine! I didn't have any during the 9 days we were away, and now that we are home, my challenge will be to not settle back into old routines. During vacation I started a new habit of having a cup of tea in the evenings instead, and it's been working out great. I even find myself thinking about, and looking forward to, my tea rather than a glass of wine.

On another positive note, I lost 3 pounds while we were away :smiley:

Hope you all had a successful (whatever that means to you!) Saturday night!

Wow!! You did awesome and lost weight on vacation!! Win and win!!!
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am new to myfitnesspal, just started last week I Love it! Just saw this discussion and this is totally what I need.I have been drinking every night, I love wine. It is how I relax after the kids are asleep. And my hubby and I love to visit craft breweries. I am trying right now to limit drinking to weekends and that worked my first week. But I wasn't even happy about doing it on the weekend, especially wine. I have no control to stop once I have a glass. A lot of these posts sound like me. I like being able to lean on others going through the same things. I am going to try and enjoy a beer or two on the weekend, but right now I go to the gym and hit the treadmill. It has helped. And I like waking up without a headache!

Welcome to MFP and this thread/challenge! Great bunch of folks in here...