New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    McDonald's new Classic Chicken Sandwich tastes identical to their Southern Style Chicken Sandwich like I had hoped, but the signature sauce added 60 calories and didn't really do much for the sandwich. Without the sauce the calories were 450, which is 10 more than Chick-fil-A's Original Chicken Sandwich and honestly it tastes pretty dang similar! A good budget sandwich you can get on Sunday when you're craving Chick-fil-A. I'll definitely get it again!
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    abbie2411 wrote: »
    I like to go through this thread and wish I lived in the US just so I could taste half of these things. But good news, the UK now has halo top! Only 7 flavours for whatever reason (Cinnamon roll, peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate, mint chip, sea salt caramel, and vanilla) I bought cinnamon roll to taste and loved it! I was worried it would taste too much like Stevia which I absolutely hate, but it didn't! Its expensive for ice cream though (£5 a tub) so I don't know how often I'll be eating it unfortunately

They’re half price in Tesco from tomorrow!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If that Ben and Jerry's doesn't come to a store near me, I will be making a special order online for it. That is something I need in my life.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    McDonald's new Classic Chicken Sandwich tastes identical to their Southern Style Chicken Sandwich like I had hoped, but the signature sauce added 60 calories and didn't really do much for the sandwich. Without the sauce the calories were 450, which is 10 more than Chick-fil-A's Original Chicken Sandwich and honestly it tastes pretty dang similar! A good budget sandwich you can get on Sunday when you're craving Chick-fil-A. I'll definitely get it again!

Mcdonalds has a promotion going where you get a free sandwich with 1 app purchase btw.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/deals.html

"Free sandwich when you use Mobile Order & Pay through the McD app! This offer is valid once per week through February 18, 2018. Download the app if you don't already have it then create a free account. Tap on the “View Deals” section of the app to find this offer, customize your order, and apply the coupon and pay. There's also a $3 off a $10 order deal and many more to come. Enjoy!"
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    Options
    yo0mmyc3h4j5.jpeg
    xe4f25ks498p.jpeg
    Well the cinnamon taste was good, but the bars were a little hard for my liking. I was hoping they would be more like rice krispy treat softness. Loved the cinnamon churro taste though. Very sweet and cinnamony.
  • hgycta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I saw on Facebook that The Dough Bar will be on Shark Tank January 28th, hopefully they get an investment which will help them get into stores so shipping isn’t through the roof, it’d be nice if the price went down a bit, too

I also got an email from Noodles & Company that their veggie noodles are available. They’ve always been available at my store so maybe this means it’s finally for every store?
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Oreo has a red velvet flavor coming out the first week of February for Valentine's day. I'd try it.

I saw Oreo red hot cinnamon at Target yesterday. I am more partial to lemon or heads or tails oreos.

I LOVEE the red velvet Oreos. Not a huge red velvet fan but it’s one of my favorite Oreo flavors.

I did not care for the red velvet Oreos. I am a huge red velvet fan and I was excited to try them. They were okay, but did not taste like red velvet.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    abbie2411 wrote: »
    I like to go through this thread and wish I lived in the US just so I could taste half of these things. But good news, the UK now has halo top! Only 7 flavours for whatever reason (Cinnamon roll, peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate, mint chip, sea salt caramel, and vanilla) I bought cinnamon roll to taste and loved it! I was worried it would taste too much like Stevia which I absolutely hate, but it didn't! Its expensive for ice cream though (£5 a tub) so I don't know how often I'll be eating it unfortunately

If your "good news" is Halo Top, then that's really depressing.

:'(
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Mcdonalds has a promotion going where you get a free sandwich with 1 app purchase btw.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/deals.html

"Free sandwich when you use Mobile Order & Pay through the McD app! This offer is valid once per week through February 18, 2018. Download the app if you don't already have it then create a free account. Tap on the “View Deals” section of the app to find this offer, customize your order, and apply the coupon and pay. There's also a $3 off a $10 order deal and many more to come. Enjoy!"

If you occasionally visit McDonald's and don't have the app, you're missing out. Some really sweet deals on that. (Assuming, of course, you have the willpower not to go crazy in there...in which case you should definitely not have the app to tempt you.)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Free kind bar and power crunch quest etc https://www.kindsnacks.com/protein
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

Wow. You only posted a few minutes ago, and nothing is in stock :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Wow sorry that went fast! Hopefully they do again in the next few days.

Here is another one I care across to make up for it lol

Free~~ With FREEZINda™ you can easily turn any whey protein powder into a frozen

To redeem a free 5 pack of FREEZINda™, click the link and fill out the contact form with your name and email in the header, followed by your delivery address and the words FREE SAMPLE in the message field.

Limit One Request Per Household! Whey powder is not included!

https://www.freezinda.com/pages/contact
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I saw Hostess dark chocolate raspberry cupcakes and donettes. I did not get them and I regret it. I am assuming they will be for Valentine's day so I will be looking for them again.
  • hgycta
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Wow sorry that went fast! Hopefully they do again in the next few days.

Here is another one I care across to make up for it lol

Free~~ With FREEZINda™ you can easily turn any whey protein powder into a frozen

To redeem a free 5 pack of FREEZINda™, click the link and fill out the contact form with your name and email in the header, followed by your delivery address and the words FREE SAMPLE in the message field.

Limit One Request Per Household! Whey powder is not included!

https://www.freezinda.com/pages/contact

Thanks! The picture sort of looks icy and unappealing but hey, it can't be much worse than Arctic Zero so I'm willing to give it a go! Does anyone know if there are any cotton candy flavored protein powders in existence :')
  • hgycta
    Options
    I know not everyone here lives near a Shoprite, but for those who do, their fudge is arguably the best I’ve ever had. At least, this flavor is... it tastes like pecan pie and sweet potato pie had a delicious baby....
    17iv9kactgcn.jpeg
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone here lives near a Shoprite, but for those who do, their fudge is arguably the best I’ve ever had. At least, this flavor is... it tastes like pecan pie and sweet potato pie had a delicious baby....
    17iv9kactgcn.jpeg

How do you have this at home and not polish it off in one sitting?!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wondering if theres any savory new products people are seeing. This all just seems to be sweets.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    REALLY want to try these! Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Dark-Chocolate-Coconut-Almond-and-Dark-Chocolate-Almond-Peanut.jpg?resize=599%2C414&ssl=1
    Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Sea-Salt-Cashew-Caramel-and-Milk-Chocolate-Flavored-Peanut-Butter.jpg?resize=598%2C392&ssl=1
  • hgycta
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    17iv9kactgcn.jpeg

How do you have this at home and not polish it off in one sitting?!

By cutting a piece and running downstairs while hoping my family finishes the rest before I can go back upstairs for more, it’s the one good thing about living with other fully grown men, they’re always prowling for food :p
  • hgycta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    To my surprise, that ice cream stuff was in my stockpile of things I’ve been meaning to try. I would assume different proteins would result in different textures, but I used a standard whey with xanthan gum similar to Quest (it always blends the same) and I’m not blown away with the final result. The taste is great, but not too different from how it tastes normally if I blend and freeze it. The texture, as I expected, has many little ice crystals and is far from that smooth, creamy ice cream texture. I feel like it’s a scam, I can definitely make the same thing just freezing regular blended protein. Waste of 150 calories, you can budget that for a banana and get a much better texture the next day.
    r6mdgf8vn2eo.jpeg

sdapzxpsfncc.jpeg