New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    To my surprise, that ice cream stuff was in my stockpile of things I’ve been meaning to try. I would assume different proteins would result in different textures, but I used a standard whey with xanthan gum similar to Quest (it always blends the same) and I’m not blown away with the final result. The taste is great, but not too different from how it tastes normally if I blend and freeze it. The texture, as I expected, has many little ice crystals and is far from that smooth, creamy ice cream texture. I feel like it’s a scam, I can definitely make the same thing just freezing regular blended protein. Waste of 150 calories, you can budget that for a banana and get a much better texture the next day.
    r6mdgf8vn2eo.jpeg

sdapzxpsfncc.jpeg

Haha thanks for the review! Won't try then. Even making the protein fluff soft serve gives a better texture. I hate icy texture in ice cream.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    REALLY want to try these! Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Dark-Chocolate-Coconut-Almond-and-Dark-Chocolate-Almond-Peanut.jpg?resize=599%2C414&ssl=1
    Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Sea-Salt-Cashew-Caramel-and-Milk-Chocolate-Flavored-Peanut-Butter.jpg?resize=598%2C392&ssl=1

Where did you find these?
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    sbbbip29dhjd.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I went to Noodles & Company to try the penne rosa with zucchini noodles (140 Calories not including the steak I ordered in it) and again I’m very impressed. Feels like less zucchini noodles than when I ordered the pesto cavatappi version with it but it was still very filling and had a lot of flavor and perfect texture. Not mushy, just right (and very spicy from the sauce)! My dad tried it and agreed he was very impressed even though neither of us are normally fans of zucchini. I would get again if I’m cutting calories and trying to stay full, but I’m going back to ordering the regular noodles when I crave the stuff and go less often. The spicy pork adobo is the best in my opinion and I am not ordering that with these noodles because it won’t be the same haha
    khfghdggl489.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    REALLY want to try these! Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Dark-Chocolate-Coconut-Almond-and-Dark-Chocolate-Almond-Peanut.jpg?resize=599%2C414&ssl=1
    Angies-Boom-Chicka-Pop-Popcorn-Bars-Sea-Salt-Cashew-Caramel-and-Milk-Chocolate-Flavored-Peanut-Butter.jpg?resize=598%2C392&ssl=1

Not my photo but they found at Walmart !
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »

I cannot even find them online!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    Someone gave me several bags of Plentils chips. OMG they were so good and I pigged out on all of them and didn't gain anything. (There were three different flavors.) They are light and crispy, not greasy. I thought as a vegetarian they were reminiscent of pork rinds but my non-vegetarian friends who tried them said no. But anyway I loved them and am so disappointed they don't carry them in the stores around me at least that I could find so far. The Margherita Pizza ones were the best but they were all good that i tried. https://shop.enjoylifefoods.com/Plentils/c/EnjoyLife@Snacks@Plentils

After reading your review i got a bag of the garlic parmesan Plentils from Amazon Fresh. SO SO SO SO GOOD! I literally had a quarter of a serving and it was a lot of chips and just right to satisfy the salty crunchy craving. Thanks for posting about them!!!!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Saw this in my email, if anyone tries it I’ll be interested in hearing how they did with it!
    g60bgtz1z95i.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oh, man! I love lemon + raspberry...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh, man! I love lemon + raspberry...

Me tooooo! The chocolate coconut one looks good, too. Dammit, Haagen Dazs!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    w639wt3qs1uk.jpg

I need this!!

Nutritional Information: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Blasted Shreds (0.66 cup)
    Calories: 230
    Fat: 4.5g
    Carbs: 44g
    Sugar: 13g
    Sodium: 5mg
    Protein: 4g
    Fiber: 7g
    Nutritional Information: Peanut Butter Chocolate Blasted Shreds (0.66 cup)
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 41g
    Sugar: 12g
    Sodium: 45mg
    Protein: 6g
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    fyi: Tried all the quest cookies.. honestly I still would take Lenny & Larry's (2oz) over Quest cookies but flavor wise I think chocolate chunk is the best compared to the other quest flavors its not as chalky
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    w639wt3qs1uk.jpg

I need this!!

The boxes are so heavy! (LOL I say that because I walk to and from the market. I think that's why I lean towards the right when I walk now.) My local Vons/Pavilions/Safeway had (had?) them on sale but you had to buy 4 for the sale price. I haven't yet plus the calories are a little higher than I'd like but I heard they're reeeeeeeally good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    w639wt3qs1uk.jpg

I need this!!

I am on a cereal kick so will be buying these when I see them omg. 230 for 2/3, WOW they must be good lol.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    w639wt3qs1uk.jpg

I need this!!

I love shredded mini wheats so much but it takes a massive bowl of them to satisfy me for some reason :'( Like an 800 calorie bowl :'(
  • hgycta
    Options
    The buttery maple flavor is surprisingly not that sweet compared to the birthday cake. Still very sweet, just pales in comparison to straight up icing and didn’t have pockets of syrup like I was expecting (probably from having McDonald’s McGriddle cakes in the past and knowing such a thing was possible). Very flaky and oily, buttery dough and feels more like a danish or other high fat pastry that’s a lot of calories. I didn’t add syrup because I feel like that would be overkill but this thing, while initially doesn’t feel as sweet, does begin feeling sweeter and sweeter the more you eat it and thankfully by the end of this small waffle you’re done craving sweets. I give it a 8/10, and the birthday cake one a 10/10. This one would have earned 2 more points for those syrup pockets because that would have been really fun. :pensive: I do think there’s small packets of butter, or maybe that’s just because they used so much in this I can’t tell haha
    2kxgac4lg8wz.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The buttery maple flavor is surprisingly not that sweet compared to the birthday cake. Still very sweet, just pales in comparison to straight up icing and didn’t have pockets of syrup like I was expecting (probably from having McDonald’s McGriddle cakes in the past and knowing such a thing was possible). Very flaky and oily, buttery dough and feels more like a danish or other high fat pastry that’s a lot of calories. I didn’t add syrup because I feel like that would be overkill but this thing, while initially doesn’t feel as sweet, does begin feeling sweeter and sweeter the more you eat it and thankfully by the end of this small waffle you’re done craving sweets. I give it a 8/10, and the birthday cake one a 10/10. This one would have earned 2 more points for those syrup pockets because that would have been really fun. :pensive: I do think there’s small packets of butter, or maybe that’s just because they used so much in this I can’t tell haha
    2kxgac4lg8wz.jpeg

Man I want those flavors so bad!

ETA: apparently they're on sale at 7 eleven.

ETA2: their store locator sucks. It shows nothing available yet my local shop rite has the frozen ones.

ETA3: I've had bad experiences weighing those, by the way. They're sometimes 40 more calories than what the package says (used to be worse... when a serving was 1/2 a waffle and they were like 2.5 serving each and I ended up with 340 calorie waffles). Definitely calorie bombs. Delicious calorie bombs.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    2kxgac4lg8wz.jpeg

Man I want those flavors so bad!

ETA: apparently they're on sale at 7 eleven.

ETA2: their store locator sucks. It shows nothing available yet my local shop rite has the frozen ones.

ETA3: I've had bad experiences weighing those, by the way. They're sometimes 40 more calories than what the package says (used to be worse... when a serving was 1/2 a waffle and they were like 2.5 serving each and I ended up with 340 calorie waffles). Definitely calorie bombs. Delicious calorie bombs.

Now I am craving a mcgriddle :D