New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    The buttery maple flavor is surprisingly not that sweet compared to the birthday cake. Still very sweet, just pales in comparison to straight up icing and didn’t have pockets of syrup like I was expecting (probably from having McDonald’s McGriddle cakes in the past and knowing such a thing was possible). Very flaky and oily, buttery dough and feels more like a danish or other high fat pastry that’s a lot of calories. I didn’t add syrup because I feel like that would be overkill but this thing, while initially doesn’t feel as sweet, does begin feeling sweeter and sweeter the more you eat it and thankfully by the end of this small waffle you’re done craving sweets. I give it a 8/10, and the birthday cake one a 10/10. This one would have earned 2 more points for those syrup pockets because that would have been really fun. :pensive: I do think there’s small packets of butter, or maybe that’s just because they used so much in this I can’t tell haha
    2kxgac4lg8wz.jpeg

Man I want those flavors so bad!

ETA: apparently they're on sale at 7 eleven.

ETA2: their store locator sucks. It shows nothing available yet my local shop rite has the frozen ones.

ETA3: I've had bad experiences weighing those, by the way. They're sometimes 40 more calories than what the package says (used to be worse... when a serving was 1/2 a waffle and they were like 2.5 serving each and I ended up with 340 calorie waffles). Definitely calorie bombs. Delicious calorie bombs.

I forgot to weigh the birthday cake flavor but the serving size for this one was 65 grams (290 calories) whereas it came to 68 grams (303 calories). Not bad, but a lot for something roughly 2 ounces haha and maybe I was lucky with this one being closer to what the label said it should be. Surprisingly I don't get hungry after having them though like I normally do with everything else!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Okay the honey mustard were good but 3 tiny pretzels in the pack.......LOL

Salted caramel was pretty good. They had a nice caramel dusting. The taste wasn’t very strong but a nice faint caramel sweetness,

The pizza were my favorite! Nice pizza coating that tasted like pizza combos. z6dpay31ysj8.jpeg
    9tq4mxz986jr.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    katadx wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    w639wt3qs1uk.jpg

I need this!!

Nutritional Information: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Blasted Shreds (0.66 cup)
    Calories: 230
    Fat: 4.5g
    Carbs: 44g
    Sugar: 13g
    Sodium: 5mg
    Protein: 4g
    Fiber: 7g
    Nutritional Information: Peanut Butter Chocolate Blasted Shreds (0.66 cup)
    Calories: 230
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 41g
    Sugar: 12g
    Sodium: 45mg
    Protein: 6g
    Fiber: 7g

I love shredded mini wheats so much but it takes a massive bowl of them to satisfy me for some reason :'( Like an 800 calorie bowl :'(

I saw these at the store yesterday but they were 4 a box! Ill wait for reviews before I spend that much on cereal!
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Were there seriously only 3 pretzels in that pack? That’s laughable :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Kelkat405 wrote: »
    Were there seriously only 3 pretzels in that pack? That’s laughable :D

That's insane!!! Like, not even worth the extra effort to package them in 100 calorie packs.
  • hgycta
    For the sake of loving pizza I decided to carelessly spend $6.99 on ThinSlim Foods Low Carb Low Calorie Pizza from Linda’s Diet Delites.
    First off, it looks pathetic and needs more toppings (which I assume they limited since the thing is supposedly 100 calories).
    Surprisingly the crust had a really good flavor in my opinion, it tastes like garlic, onion, and olive oil. The texture was like their regular breads, more chewy which I enjoyed but I know some of you didn’t.
    In the future I would never pay $7 for this again, but the toppings were surpringly really good too, where they were, and if they added more it might be worth it even though it would bump up the calories some. Excellent crust base, but overall as a product due to the lacking toppings it was pretty boring and dry. I think it’s a great recipe to possibly start selling pizza breadsticks, but not full blown pizza.
    8kmkhrp3rjkj.jpeg
    3a9grzemg26y.jpeg
    t5r6d06g8nwl.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The buttery maple flavor is surprisingly not that sweet compared to the birthday cake. Still very sweet, just pales in comparison to straight up icing and didn’t have pockets of syrup like I was expecting (probably from having McDonald’s McGriddle cakes in the past and knowing such a thing was possible). Very flaky and oily, buttery dough and feels more like a danish or other high fat pastry that’s a lot of calories. I didn’t add syrup because I feel like that would be overkill but this thing, while initially doesn’t feel as sweet, does begin feeling sweeter and sweeter the more you eat it and thankfully by the end of this small waffle you’re done craving sweets. I give it a 8/10, and the birthday cake one a 10/10. This one would have earned 2 more points for those syrup pockets because that would have been really fun. :pensive: I do think there’s small packets of butter, or maybe that’s just because they used so much in this I can’t tell haha
    2kxgac4lg8wz.jpeg

Man I want those flavors so bad!

ETA: apparently they're on sale at 7 eleven.

ETA2: their store locator sucks. It shows nothing available yet my local shop rite has the frozen ones.

ETA3: I've had bad experiences weighing those, by the way. They're sometimes 40 more calories than what the package says (used to be worse... when a serving was 1/2 a waffle and they were like 2.5 serving each and I ended up with 340 calorie waffles). Definitely calorie bombs. Delicious calorie bombs.

Now I am craving a mcgriddle :D

Oh, man. I love a McGriddle. I've only had two in the last three years, because they are really hard to fit in my day. :grumble:
  • hgycta
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

Any expected release date on these??? Do you know if their existing flavors will all be discontinued? The peanut butter swirl was actually fantastic I sort of hope they don't get rid of it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

Any expected release date on these??? Do you know if their existing flavors will all be discontinued? The peanut butter swirl was actually fantastic I sort of hope they don't get rid of it!

The Toffee Crunch seems interesting, but if the pints taste as bad as the ones that are out now I'm not holding my breath.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

The Toffee Crunch seems interesting, but if the pints taste as bad as the ones that are out now I'm not holding my breath.

They have more calories and are actually 'ice cream'. I'm guessing they follow the HT formula, because apparently it's the 'in' thing to do right now, lol.

At least they're trying a couple newish flavors.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

I approve of the new packaging--I can't stop looking at it. We'll see about the product--I agree, @Francl27 , Arctic Zero always tasted like gross water ice to me...
  • oocdc2
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

/looks again
    /record scratch

Wait...*two* grams of protein per serving? *Eleven* grams of sugar!? Oh, *kitten*, no...those macros are awful!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    f1vc7qsnr1q6.png

Oh my GOODness I bet this is incredible. Almost happy I don't have a costco nearby to tempt me. I'd probably eat the entire thing.
  • hgycta
    Gave this Freezinda stuff another go since I had two packets. This time I used Quest, and the result was actually creamier. Not a lot, but better than nothing. Less ice crystals, but they were still there. Tasted like if you were freeze a vanilla pudding cup, so it was ok, but nothing to go out of your way for. Again, seems like sort of a rip off since freezing your own blended protein powder can produce nearly identical results.
    24069yug7a2g.jpeg
    vl17a1d9w2cd.jpeg
  • oocdc2
    f1vc7qsnr1q6.png

Lawd... O.O
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

/looks again
    /record scratch

Wait...*two* grams of protein per serving? *Eleven* grams of sugar!? Oh, *kitten*, no...those macros are awful!

Here's why the protein is low and sugar is higher than other brands from the CEO. The macros aren't that awful, acutally :)

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/01/21/Arctic-Zero-debuts-light-ice-cream-with-milk-and-cream-at-the-Winter-Fancy-Food-Show