New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

Any expected release date on these??? Do you know if their existing flavors will all be discontinued? The peanut butter swirl was actually fantastic I sort of hope they don't get rid of it!

/looks again
    /record scratch

Wait...*two* grams of protein per serving? *Eleven* grams of sugar!? Oh, *kitten*, no...those macros are awful!

Here's why the protein is low and sugar is higher than other brands from the CEO. The macros aren't that awful, acutally :)

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/01/21/Arctic-Zero-debuts-light-ice-cream-with-milk-and-cream-at-the-Winter-Fancy-Food-Show

Wow, no eryhritol or stevia??? I'm actually really surprised! I love the taste of erythritol (not stevia) but both upset my stomach and make my mouth really dry so I can't wait for these. I hope it's as good as they're saying with the taste tests! The toffee and peanut butter flavors will probably be my biggest weaknesses x3

Also, I found a review for Denny's new Dulce de Leche pancakes (http://www.brandeating.com/2018/01/review-dennys-dulce-de-leche-crunch-pancakes.html#more). Look... at... that... *drools all over keyboard* It would take me 3 hours of running to burn off 1,200 calories according to myfitnesspal, which I feel like is an overestimate... but either way might be worth it o///o Just look...
    l2wm241thg2i.png
    These are worth every calorie though! They serve them with warm caramel sauce on the side
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

Any expected release date on these??? Do you know if their existing flavors will all be discontinued? The peanut butter swirl was actually fantastic I sort of hope they don't get rid of it!

/looks again
    /record scratch

Wait...*two* grams of protein per serving? *Eleven* grams of sugar!? Oh, *kitten*, no...those macros are awful!

Here's why the protein is low and sugar is higher than other brands from the CEO. The macros aren't that awful, acutally :)

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/01/21/Arctic-Zero-debuts-light-ice-cream-with-milk-and-cream-at-the-Winter-Fancy-Food-Show

See, I might give those a shot because they don't have all that stuff that makes my mouth burn and give a weird aftertaste! Hopefully I can find them on sale at some point.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Heads up to everyone who lives near Walmart: check online to see if they have Evol's Lasagna & Meat Sauce 11.3 oz. Box on sale! I was there today and picked up a box, which didn't have anything near it saying anything about it being on sale, yet when I got to the register it rang up for only $0.50!!!! I went back and got the rest they had (only four, but still only $2 for four boxes)! I thought this was a computer glitch but their website (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evol-Lasagna-Meat-Sauce-11-3-oz-Box/162760538) apparently reflects the price, too. No clue how long this will last, if it's all Walmart stores, or what. Oddly enough, it seems to be only this flavor though because I also got the enchiladas by this brand and they rang up regular price, and the other entrees look like they're regular price online.
    P.S. If it's not on sale, I don't recommend going out of your way for it. I had it for the first time tonight and it's really only mediocre, but still, good macros and nothing can beat $0.50!
    2slgjkkye0qs.png
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Boars head chocolate hummus and coconut oil/cocoa nib chocolate spread ( don't know the name but only has coconut oil cocoa nib and raw sugar
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    bz1386ua1vw7.png
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    n7me075u3dpg.png
    Margaritas and Cheeseburgers (in paradise).
  • Francl27
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

Seen them but didn't dare buying LOL
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    n7me075u3dpg.png
    Margaritas and Cheeseburgers (in paradise).

if this is real, I'd be willing to try it. The ultimate question is: How does the protein hold up in mixed drinks?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

Same here lol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

Like all things oreo (if I think I'll like the flavor), I bought in packs of two. I haven't tried them yet but I'll probably break down and open the package soon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

Like all things oreo (if I think I'll like the flavor), I bought in packs of two. I haven't tried them yet but I'll probably break down and open the package soon.

Have you tried the new Cinnamon Oreo flavor?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

I tried them. The cinnamon was actually better than expected but not something I'm dying to buy again. It tastes like a chocolate covered hot tamale, or a chocolate covered cinnamon bear. I give them a 6/10.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

LOL that's one I know I won't like because of the hot factor. I did buy the new hazelnut one but I'm still working on a package of winter oreos and I have more cookie butter oreos and the hot cocoa to get through so it'll be a while...

Freakin' limited edition oreos... :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    bz1386ua1vw7.png

LOL that's one I know I won't like because of the hot factor. I did buy the new hazelnut one but I'm still working on a package of winter oreos and I have more cookie butter oreos and the hot cocoa to get through so it'll be a while...

Freakin' limited edition oreos... :)

Had to stop buying the hazelnut ones. It's like crack for me.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

/looks again
    /record scratch

My definition of "good macros" is 10 g of protein per 100 calories. (I run a lot, so I need a decent amount of protein.) I will eat food with less than that, of course, but it's a goal.

If folks aren't concerned about sugar intake for medical reasons (like I am), and don't need a lot of protein, then these do fit the bill, and I hope they are successful. This just won't be my go-to ice cream.
  • ohi874
    ohi874 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wella Bars... protein bars... delicious http://www.wellabar.com/
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

/looks again
    /record scratch

My definition of "good macros" is 10 g of protein per 100 calories. (I run a lot, so I need a decent amount of protein.) I will eat food with less than that, of course, but it's a goal.

If folks aren't concerned about sugar intake for medical reasons (like I am), and don't need a lot of protein, then these do fit the bill, and I hope they are successful. This just won't be my go-to ice cream.

I don't think there are any "high protein" ice cream brands with 10g of protein per 100 calories.