Foods that you enjoyed but stopped eating

1234568»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Mellykay88 wrote: »
    Oh the dreaded Girl Scout Cookies. I can’t do it either. Last year (soon after I started losing) I bought a box of savanah smiles (the lemon ones) they’re lower calorie than the others, but I ate half the box in one sitting and felt awful. Never again... I’d rather just write them a check and save myself the guilt.

Actually, you can do this and have them ship the cookies to our soldiers that are posted overseas - this way you get to buy the cookies and feel great about helping at the same time!

How do you do this? Is there a website or do you contact a local troup?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    One of my biggest cuts was bread as a side dish. I used to make crescents, garlic bread, or biscuits 4-5 nights a week as a side to my dinner, and I think I've only had them twice in the past 6 months.

This is something I've also almost given up. I have it very rarely now. Like maybe once or twice a year.

Bread as a side was one of the first things I gave up, since mostly I don't miss it at all and didn't find it satiating. I (rarely) will have especially good bread at a holiday meal or other feast type occasion and will have naan at Indian restaurants and injera if I get Ethiopian, but generally not otherwise.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    McDonald's. There was more than a few days that I went to McDonald's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The more I ate, the more I wanted. I haven't been back since August 2017. Every now and again I get the urge to hit the drive thru, but each time I pass. I do enjoy other fast food places, but McDonald's is too touchy for me.

This is me too! No more McD's for me.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Sugar soda, dressing in my salad, alcohol, any type of bun on a sandwich or burger
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Oh the dreaded Girl Scout Cookies. I can’t do it either. Last year (soon after I started losing) I bought a box of savanah smiles (the lemon ones) they’re lower calorie than the others, but I ate half the box in one sitting and felt awful. Never again... I’d rather just write them a check and save myself the guilt.

Actually, you can do this and have them ship the cookies to our soldiers that are posted overseas - this way you get to buy the cookies and feel great about helping at the same time!

At least one of the troops that is local to my area is doing it thru the normal sales (like at the grocery store booths) and the leader there said that it is a national movement. Just talk to the adults that are with the kids and they should be able to tell you how it works.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

At least one of the troops that is local to my area is doing it thru the normal sales (like at the grocery store booths) and the leader there said that it is a national movement. Just talk to the adults that are with the kids and they should be able to tell you how it works.

Thanks! I was a Girl Scout and love the organization but don't want the cookies so we always donate but never knew this was an option. I will definitely ask this year.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I love girl scout cookies. They are only available at certain times here, and I tend to buy them only once a year -- normally when my church lets the girl scouts sell them there after mass -- and I get a couple of boxes of thin mints and a couple of samoas (which are my favorites, but I like both) and then mostly parcel them out. Last year it was during Lent so I waited until after Easter to eat them.

I had no idea that was an option! Thanks for the info! I’ll look into that.