What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    MFP's official position is that the "Woo" button means both, and it's up to the reader to decide what was intended.

They changed it a little while back. It now means Woo as in nonsensical beliefs.

There is a thread about it somewhere. The took away awesome and added hugs when they made the change.

Here's the announcement, http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570889/new-community-reaction-woo#latest

But it was well after this was made that they changed it. Maybe the post edit date.

Ahh. Another post on it. From December.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623816/reaction-changes#latest
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Woo is not an expression I have ever heard in the UK (But I am old and possibly out of touch). Because of this I would have assumed it meant Woo hoo and most def not a negative 'calling out'. As it is so confusing is it time thus button was removed or changed?

I'm with you---and I'm from the US. I'm on another board and it is understood that a woo means woo-hoo. I would suggest to the powers that be that instead of woo it be renamed TGTBT Too good to be true!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    sssgilbe wrote: »
    Woo is not an expression I have ever heard in the UK (But I am old and possibly out of touch). Because of this I would have assumed it meant Woo hoo and most def not a negative 'calling out'. As it is so confusing is it time thus button was removed or changed?

Short for "woo woo", defined in Wiktionary as "(slang) A person readily accepting supernatural, paranormal, occult, or pseudoscientific phenomena, or emotion-based beliefs and explanations. That reporter is a bit of a woo woo. (slang) Those beliefs. He is really into all that woo woo."

A way to call out posts not based in scientific evidence. Imagine the emoji shaking its head.

I'm with you sssgilbe---and I'm from the US. I'm on another board and it is understood that a woo means woo-hoo. I would suggest instead of woo it be renamed to TGTBT Too good to be true!

Please consider reading this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10598644/get-rid-of-the-woo-button/p1

Edit: the post is closed but has a lot of great information.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    sssgilbe wrote: »

Short for "woo woo", defined in Wiktionary as "(slang) A person readily accepting supernatural, paranormal, occult, or pseudoscientific phenomena, or emotion-based beliefs and explanations. That reporter is a bit of a woo woo. (slang) Those beliefs. He is really into all that woo woo."

A way to call out posts not based in scientific evidence. Imagine the emoji shaking its head.

I'm with you sssgilbe---and I'm from the US. I'm on another board and it is understood that a woo means woo-hoo. I would suggest instead of woo it be renamed to TGTBT Too good to be true!

Please consider posting in this thread instead so as not to derail this one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10598644/get-rid-of-the-woo-button/p1

<<threads closed>>
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I forgot a Non-Scale Victory from the other day! I joined in at a meeting of the running club associated with our local Y. It was freezing rain outside so we worked out in the fitness center. The coach was describing the workout (multiple sets of treadmill miles at increasing speeds and strength work) and asked if any of the new people were concerned about being able to complete it, so she could offer a less-intense option. She looked me up and down and said, “Yeah, you’ll be fine.”

Apologies for accidentally woo ing you with fat fingers on a small phone.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Carnhot wrote: »
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I forgot a Non-Scale Victory from the other day! I joined in at a meeting of the running club associated with our local Y. It was freezing rain outside so we worked out in the fitness center. The coach was describing the workout (multiple sets of treadmill miles at increasing speeds and strength work) and asked if any of the new people were concerned about being able to complete it, so she could offer a less-intense option. She looked me up and down and said, “Yeah, you’ll be fine.”

Apologies for accidentally woo ing you with fat fingers on a small phone.

Lol! I appreciate the apology. I think you can un-woo by just pressing it again. :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Went and bought some new clothes since my old ones are baggy and falling off me. XL shirts and size 38 pants! Not where I want to end up, but a heck of a lot better than the 3XL shirts and 44 waist pants I have been wearing.

This is something I don't get. My body must be shaped weird as I wore 3XL or 4XL shirts, but size 52 pants.

Anyway, congrats.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Went and bought some new clothes since my old ones are baggy and falling off me. XL shirts and size 38 pants! Not where I want to end up, but a heck of a lot better than the 3XL shirts and 44 waist pants I have been wearing.

This is something I don't get. My body must be shaped weird as I wore 3XL or 4XL shirts, but size 52 pants.

Anyway, congrats.

I had a big gut and wore my pants under the crease in my gut.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!