The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Steak and kidney pie, perhaps. Sorry, black humour >:)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,199 Member
    Options
    It was a Chihuahua. That means Mexican food. :smile: Finally had some sunshine today. The wind made it cold still but it was nice inside with the sun coming through the windows. Too bad it won't last.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @tripitena instant C25K lol. What possessed it - evil trainer genie? >:)
    Suspect I need to rip it open an reconnect some wire I defugaled. Ive had a seizure on there once and that's some wicked road rash to the face :s so not chancing it till fixed.
    I spent the day out of my house. Seldom do in flu season. Had Starbucks with one daughter, visited the other. Cool in SW New Mexico but sunny and no jacket. Looks like no snow again this year. Our true winter runs December through Jan and nothin wet in the forecast. Good with me!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Haha, unless you are a biker dude road rash is never something to brag about. Hope you can git 'er discombobulated soon.

Yep, I think this is the first time I've had enough of winter already and I haven't even had a chance to ski or snowshoe. Sunny during the day and melting (4C today) then freezing sleet and snow with occasional rain in the mix at night (-5C last night).
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @tripitena - Lived in El Paso, TX for a few years. Winters were pretty nice there. We did have snow one year. I was pretty excited but they can't drive in even 1/4".

@canadjineh - I LOVE winter, but this one is really taxing. It either needs to stay cold or stay warm. The thaw and freeze business is wearing on me. I haven't had a bike out on the streets in almost a month!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I agree about winter, I used to love it.... when it was normal. Today and tomorrow we are under a winter snow warning (15cm today, 15 more tomorrow) followed by 4C and rain on Monday, mixed rain & snow on Tues, a couple of days of sun, then back to -10C and snow Fri & Sat. Hubby managed to get to work tonight, but I was pretty well stuck indoors all day and I have read through all my downloaded e-books and don't feel like Netflix at the moment. CABIN FEVER!!!!!!! A cool and sunny NM would be fine by me. Or maybe another vacation (2016 Dec Jamaica)
    u5cy0w6v8vk4.jpg

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Had a week off and spent it with my mom here in NC. I wish it would've been waaay nicer had I spent the week at the placed where @canadjineh was in Dec 2016 :lol:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hope you had a good time in North Carolina with mum, @bethanie0825 . Don't know much about NC, what sort of weather have you been seeing there. You are somewhere on the east coast right? Everything gets kinda hazy between Virginia and Florida in my 'mind map'.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    We are on the east coast and the state south of Virginia. I've been here almost 13 years.

The winter has been odd lol. The first half of December wasn't bad, the 2nd half and January have been cold and it's snowed measurable snow twice. Our weather is usually dry, highs in the 50s and lows in the 20s or 30s. Hopefully it'll even out here soon. The trees are usually busting out leaves the last week of March, so we have about 6-8 weeks left. I don't miss Ohio winters one bit.

Summers are hot and humid. Lots of mosquitoes. Highs are usually in the 80s or 90s, with stretches of 100s sometimes. Daily activities happen before 10am or not until at least 6pm, unless you're on the beach :lol: But we'll have sunlight from 6am till almost 9pm.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaack!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm at work and exhausted and trying to think of a good reason to not order a pizza. The weather has been all over the place, from -1F to 60F and all points in between in the last few weeks.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @jennifer_417 - Welcome back! :smile: Good to see you again.

We are back to rain this evening. It's supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow and Tuesday. Beyond that, the weather is a crap shoot. I'll wait for Tuesday to call Wednessdays weather.
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    its been awhile since i came in at 3am...i kinda miss it. but ill be coming in at 3am for the next month every monday
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Welcome back Jenn! I've been working on organizing our photos from the trip at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec 2017.... Whew, over 500 shots. (We used to belong to a Photo Arts Club - hence the myriad of pix).
    Here's one of my faves from Dixie National Forest (on the way to Zion & Bryce) UT. Sunset colour was amazing, this is not tweaked in Photoshop.
    86dlp1apsz99.jpg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Welcome @911Doughboy ! Do you mean you only come in 1x/wk at 3AM? Do you work other days/hours?
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Welcome @911Doughboy ! Do you mean you only come in 1x/wk at 3AM? Do you work other days/hours?

im usually on day shift...the 3a-7a is OT...2 years ago, my regular shift was 3a-11a, but admin realized that was a useless shift
  • Mischief246
    Mischief246 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My night was exceptionally horrid tonight
  • Mischief246
    Mischief246 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    or last night technically... #nightshiftprobs
  • canadjineh
    Options
    What kinda horrid? We've been having lots of weather troubles here. So much so that hubby couldn't make it to shift at 5 last night - our roads had not even been plowed, and several are stuck closer to their homes on emergency site patrols at power outages at the banks. I'm supposed to start my shift tonight at 2100 but they should have everything plowed up well by then as it's a regular school and workday. Sometimes no one wants to pay the overtime for extra plowing on a Sunday, I guess.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Better weather dreaming shot....Bahamas Dec 2017:
    hzcsqb4hhp7d.jpg