Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    WTG, Julie - that is a trial by fire. Very happy to get your report on mocktails. I won't bother, LOL. WTG, everybody else! I was tempted last night. My husband and I went to happy hour. I associate going to this place with two glasses of wine. I felt a little frustrated, but had a Diet Coke and was proud of myself. It's Day 27, and I cannot believe it. I think it's all downhill from here!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would never eat two big pieces of chocolate cake every night or a big fried dinner, but alcohol has been ok even though it causes cancer, it’s a toxin and depressant. It’s a weird thing. All that said, I do love a glass of wine. However, I don’t ever want to go back to daily drinking ever again. Not even every other day. I plan to stay on this board indefinitely! :)

@SanDiegofitmom - always appreciate your insights. This is a good one. Made me think. You and I are in exactly the same place, I think. I'm never going to stop drinking wine, but daily drinking has got to go. I'm still pondering my plan for Feb. 1 and beyond. My husband and I are going to start with a nice dinner out, with wine, on Feb. 2. That's a Friday. More and more I think weekends only will work for me, and for sure limiting the amount to a couple of glasses. I would love to know what everyone who plans to drink after Dry January is thinking about how they're going to handle it.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Day 27 - in Nashville still. I may float down the river , I'm so saturated from all that club soda and water. Another dry day. I'll make it to the 31st. I may plan a special reward for that day like a massage appointment or buy a small trinket to commemorate the amazing month. The girls Im with started with wine at 11:00 am this morning but moderated all day. If I were drinking, I think about right now, I'd be snoozing. Hope you are all doing well!

I am so proud of you!!!
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Day 27 - in Nashville still. I may float down the river , I'm so saturated from all that club soda and water. Another dry day. I'll make it to the 31st. I may plan a special reward for that day like a massage appointment or buy a small trinket to commemorate the amazing month. The girls Im with started with wine at 11:00 am this morning but moderated all day. If I were drinking, I think about right now, I'd be snoozing. Hope you are all doing well!

That is my girl, very proud of you. But I have to say I will be glad when you are back home. B)