40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• phildog50
    phildog50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wryone4 wrote: »
    Rejoining MFP. Almost 45. Lost 40 about two years ago, but a move and lifestyle change allowed me to let 20 pound creep back on. Aiming for another 30 pound loss to get to my original goal. It maybe harder when you get on a BIT in years, but I think the payoff is even better. When I dropped the weight a couple of years ago, I think I never looked better. Getting fit in your 40s (or beyond)? I think it shows the power of your body and mind connection even more. Way to go, everyone!

In the same boat. Good luck
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    Did a three mile run yesterday. Nowhere near my PR, but I'm increasing my stamina each week. Another pound down!

Nice work on the loss. Are you training for a race, or simply running for fitness?
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Meals are on track and yummy! And I hit the gym today. Week is off to a great start.
  • ELL1977
    ELL1977 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Monday starting off good. Looking forward to my gym session later tonight.
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The last several months of 2017 were hard, ate poorly, rarely exercised, gained a lot of weight in a short period of time, felt like *kitten*, looked like *kitten*.

With a lot of self reflecting, I started to turn it around on Dec 28. Focused not just on eating well, but being mentally well. So since then I’ve lost 16 lbs, reduced my resting HR to 59 bpm, have had 0 binges, worked out 29 days in a row, and completed a 3 day juice fast.

My goals for the next 6 weeks not only include losing weight, but I have exercise goals set too and continue to work on being mentally well and prepared for any challenges ahead.

I eat a mostly plant based diet and my diary is open to my friends. If anyone is looking for support, whether it’s for meals, exercise or to just an extra “like”, feel free to friend me.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Still not feeling great, but I did do a nice easy snowshoe yesterday. A group of us went out as a celebration snowshoe in memory of our friend, who would have been 60 today. She passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in October. Am going to try and get some rest today, as I did have a very busy weekend, and hopefully back at it tomorrow.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes in the bike trainer, first thing this morning. I have a tendency to “phone in” trainer workouts, so I set a higher cadence than usual and hopped off every 10 minutes for sets of push-ups and planks.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Did a three mile run yesterday. Nowhere near my PR, but I'm increasing my stamina each week. Another pound down!

Nice work on the loss. Are you training for a race, or simply running for fitness?

Mostly for fitness, but I'd like to do a half marathon this year. I have to get faster if I want to do that though.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,945 Member
    Options
    Cardio’d today. ZOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    It’s snowy and slippery out, so it’s 3m on the treadmill today.

I’ve been daydreaming about swimming at the lake this summer. Can’t wait.
  • pennyjean75
    pennyjean75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr Happy birthday! So far my 40s are my favourite decade.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,945 Member
    Options
    Lifting done.BOOM!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Hardcore 22 Day 3: Cardio 1 and Core 1 and a 10-mile run...DONE!

That was brutal today! The temperature was 84F but it was overcast so it shouldn't have been too bad of a day to run, right? Wrong! Those 25mph winds were crazy!

Well it is about 12F where I am...not that I am running because the roads and sidewalks are icy.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's run done! I kinda started in the middle of the 5K training schedule.

walk or XT run 30 min walk or XT run 30 min walk or XT off 3 miles
  • lauzjacobs
    lauzjacobs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey clubbers I'm officially 40 today YAY
    Stuck on 25min of C25k my shin pains keep coming back :( PT said to do strength training on my hips & lower back to correct my running style,,, really want to do my first 5k run this year.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Today I am in the club. Just turned 40 on Jan 30th at 6:40am.
    lauzjacobs wrote: »
    Hey clubbers I'm officially 40 today YAY
    Stuck on 25min of C25k my shin pains keep coming back :( PT said to do strength training on my hips & lower back to correct my running style,,, really want to do my first 5k run this year.

Happy Birthday to both of you!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Mostly for fitness, but I'd like to do a half marathon this year. I have to get faster if I want to do that though.

The Half is my favorite distance to race. If you follow a half marathon plan, you will get faster as a result of building up volume. I'd say you should just go for it!