40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• kindredprincess1210
    Options
    Here I am 43 and taking my life back after years of trying to lose weight. Im joining in!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast:Total Body"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes at the pool. 1025 meters. Now I have hot coffee and fuzzy slippers. :)
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    czvanut wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    czvanut wrote: »
    Did a three mile run yesterday. Nowhere near my PR, but I'm increasing my stamina each week. Another pound down!

Nice work on the loss. Are you training for a race, or simply running for fitness?

Mostly for fitness, but I'd like to do a half marathon this year. I have to get faster if I want to do that though.

The Half is my favorite distance to race. If you follow a half marathon plan, you will get faster as a result of building up volume. I'd say you should just go for it!

I agree! You'll get faster as you run more. Building volume right now is more important...and takes a while to do it safely. Pick a good plan and stick to it and you'll be amazed at the results.

Keep us posted on your progress!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello again cool kids, I am back after being off here for 2 years. I had lost 38 lbs and was doing so great, then just stopped. I wish so much I hadn't, but I am control of what I do, and need to make better decisions. I am 49 and my daughter is getting married in the fall. I hate myself in pictures. The picture here is from after I had lost the weight. We went to a bridal show and got some pictures in the photo booth and I am disgusted with how I look. I want to get healthy, feel better, have energy and look nice, be happy with how my body looks. Today I got out some weights and a step thing and did some exercises and am leaving it in the living room so I see it and I really do feel better today. Also started logging my food this morning. Have a great day everyone..
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids! How about that super blue moon! I ran yesterday because I wanted to be out looking at the moon. ran around town, which was icy, but I managed to remain upright for the entire 6k.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hey cool kids! How about that super blue moon! I ran yesterday because I wanted to be out looking at the moon. ran around town, which was icy, but I managed to remain upright for the entire 6k.

Glad you were able to see it. It was overcast last night in southwest Idaho. :( No moon for us.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Walking done, Beast Total Body, and Beast Lucky 7 - badass day today!
  • sisu1975
    sisu1975 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 42, a mom of five, and looking to body composition swap now. Starting a CrossFit challenge in March and learning about macros and nutrition. I am happy with my weight just want to see more muscle and drop the body fat%. Would love to encourage you and be encouraged as we all strive to reach our goals.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beast: Rest...in progress.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the treadmill, playing playlist roulette. Slow song = Jog. Fast song = Run!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Ran 8km yesterday! Longest run in a while. It was stormy and the road was a bit slick but I had enough daylight so kept on going. Legs are a little sore today.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'll join. Turned 41 about a month and a half ago and made some major changes to my lifestyle. I got rid of some bad habits and am trying to maintain some good habits. And lately I've been feeling better than I've felt in a couple years.

My goals: I don't have any measurable goals really set in stone. I just want to reduce my cholesterol and blood pressure and just live more healthy. I'd love to drop about 10 lbs but not enough to track my calories and give up more good food. Going to Florida for spring break in April and I'd love to not feel self-conscious about taking my shirt off.

I really like to run, although I've always been completely horrible at it. I could run a few miles at a time for part of my 30s, but I can barely run one lap at the gym these days. So by the summer I'd love to be able to run through the neighborhood and not have to walk 80% of the time. Maybe run a 5k. But it seems like the older I get the harder it gets.

My workouts right now are fairly random. I do a 5x5 modified lifting program 3 times a week and have been seeing good results. Other than that I run the track, play tennis with the wife, swim, do stretching/core work/cardio at the gym, or do an old fitness DVD like P90x-3 or Insanity at home. But I live in Michigan and the weather here is awful this time of year so I'm looking forward to summer when I can do more outdoors.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Yoga day!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beast: Rest...in progress.

That's funny
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Yes, the wedding marathonis over! My regularly scheduled life has resumed! Yay!

Chisel Agility and 4 miles on the treadmill...Done! Time to go to work!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Six months off due to rotator cuff strain, and prepping/competing in a powerlifting meet, then resting up. FINALLY now I'm back working on weightlifting (Olympic style). After testing out my shoulder mobility ever so slowly the past couple of weeks, coach has been breaking it down for me from beginning to a full lift. Finally got a full snatch off the floor last night. Granted, I am using the kids' bar but still a decent lift. Bonus: I'm a lot stronger 18 months into this, so my lifts are a lot more confident. Maybe I can actually do this? ha ha. If not, there's always powerlifting.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. My new trainer kicked my behind. I needed it and appreciated it. I have leg goals and that was the focus today. Hope this snow pass us by Sunday. Have a great day ahead.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids. I did a nice 5k snowshoe yesterday followed by an hour of yoga. Oh my, do I need to stretch more! At the very end of the class (we were doing yin yang yoga) I got a charlie horse in both inner thighs. Ouch! lol. Time to up the calmag. :#