JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »

Great job tracking your food and eating well! Wonderful. Read the response cards one little ol time (have no idea what they are but they seem important!!!) Are they short enough to tape a couple to your dash, bathroom mirror, etc?

The "response cards" are from a book that I was reading, called "The Beck Diet Solution: training your brain to think like a thin person. This book is really good -- last years thread I posted the things to do each day. I need to get back to doing these things myself again!

But the response cards are just index cards ... where you write down all the reasons you want to lose weight. You are suppose to keep these cards where you can look at them several times a day ... to remind us of why we want to lose weight and become more healthy.

Ahhh...an ever present encouragement. Sounds good. I could see myself the cards them to mirrors, closet doors, fridge, chocolate stash, lol!!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Great job tracking your food and eating well! Wonderful. Read the response cards one little ol time (have no idea what they are but they seem important!!!) Are they short enough to tape a couple to your dash, bathroom mirror, etc?

They are cards that include reasons why I want to lose weight, plus some extra cards with key messages about not eating unplanned food etc

They are recommended by the Beck Diet Solution, a book a few of us are reading. She recommends reading them twice a day plus when you need to randomly I.e. when feeling unmotivated.

For me, I just find twice unrealistic. I have such a busy job that I'm not going to do it more once, and that seems to be enough given I am actually doing the good behaviours! If I find myself slipping in future I can up it.

But yeah, your comment on post its is a good one. I do actually have them posted up around my flat! The issue is that when things are there all the time after a while you don't see them...!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    CHAMM014 wrote: »
    I was so excited to find this thread! My JFT is to read through thread and make a commitment for tomorrow.

Awesomeness!! :sunglasses: Welcome!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was not a great day. But it ended much better - some of my colleagues are being great and helping me sort stuff out. We had really good chat and I think things might get better.

My colleague gave me this really great advice - if people are being d&cks, why does it matter? Are they getting in the way of your objectives?

I think this was a great piece of advice. I get angry quite a lot when I perceive people to be behaving badly. But when you think about it:
    - most of the time people aren't d&cks. They just have a different perspective, or aren't handling things well. Or maybe there has been a miscommunication
    - if they are dicks, well then they are and it's pointless to try to change them. You just need to figure out whether their behaviour is blocking your objectives. If it isn't, why worry? If it is - focus on what you can change, and let go of what you can't

I feel like approaching things this way might make a big difference to how I deal with work. Yes, I have to put up with a lot of rubbish on an almost daily basis. But, in most cases people aren't mean or deliberately doing this to me. In the odd case they are just d*cks, but I'm not going to change them, so I just have to work around them.

Don't get mad... Get even. (No, unhealthy attitude)
    Fantastic insight! You go get 'em! Or just ignore them. :D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap R 2/1 = Skipping workplace hike at lunch b/c wind chill is -21F, so...
    1) Treadmill 3 mi before work / 49:39 & stretched after :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Treadmill 3 mi before work / 49:39. Fitbit 13,471 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 36 floors :smiley:
    3) Not sure of meals today, probably leftovers again...at least I'm only eating 1/2 pieces of hubby bday cake / net calories green / monitor as usual = Net calories green (barely), protein & fiber ok, sodium good, sugar red & 16c water :smiley:
    4) Update Jan goal results / post Feb goals on JFT = Done :smile:
    5) Evening: choir & >2 things on to-do list = Done & progress ever so slightly...didn't help that dog upchucked (2x) and had to clean up :/
    6) Unwind 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Unwind closer to 10 / exhausted so bedtime routine done & all things off before 10:15 :smiley:

JFT F 2/2 - Woke up with start of a cold, hoping to fight it off! Treating myself gently for now. Decided today is rest day, can still get in my 5th workout this week tomorrow.
    1) Take zinc tablets as needed, check on cold meds supply at lunchtime, buy more if needed
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories w/i 100 green / monitor the usual
    4) Evening, easy items on to-do list, maybe

That's it for Friday. Have a great day everyone!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Help. I'm logging every day but going back and forth between 1-3 lbs.lost, then gained, then lost. Am frustrated. Suggestions??
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    all i want is sleep....
    anyway
    recap yesterday:
    log :)
    stay green :):)
    drink 80 :)
    did not yoga because i did 7 flights of stairs and a zillion steps delivering passes :p

JFT2/2
    log
    stay green
    drink 80
    delivered passes, more stairs
    have to take the car in this afternoon for an oil change and I have to work my second job tonight.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

I've been sooo exhausted all week. Not only am I just plain uncomfy, but my hubby has been snoring horribly all week and it's been waking me up. (Of course in btw my usual waking up to run to the restroom :joy: ) Since I've started dilating, my doctor has requested I reduce my level of activity. Therefore, I have to ❌elliptical until after baby is born :disappointed: . However after today I would like to get back to my Prenatal Yoga in the mornings.

I'm sorry you cant work out anymore! Just take it easy for now. How long until the baby is born? And I'm glad you finally found a daycare! I know you were looking really hard for one.