February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Oh my Orange Mud double barrel came today. I wore it for all ten miles and it is pretty comfortable - but since it was well below freezing, I had plenty of layers on. Not sure how it will do come spring/summer clothing - you know when I will actually need it.

That one looks pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to a full review. It looked like it might be good for races where I don't want to carry a lot, but want 2 bottles on me.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Bleah, I think I might be coming down with something. Today's speed work was harder than it should have been and fartleking I just felt like I was out of gas. Blood sugar levels are on the low side, and they usually are high before I get sick, so maybe it was just an off day.

Yesterday was deadlifts and squats, so I would have some excuse if my legs felt tired, but muscle wise I feel fine, it's my cardio that's sucking. By the way, Super Bowl Sunday is the best gym day! We literally had the gym to ourselves.

Warm up mile, then did a mile at 8:27, which is a few seconds faster than my previous best but it felt so hard, I was completely done in after one fast mile. Let my heart rate come back down then did a quarter mile as fast as possible - my top quarter mile pace appears to be about 5:30 mile pace. Changed shoes then went out fartleking on trails. This was the first run in my new goretex Brooks Cascadias. They are stiff as heck which I expected from a goretex shoe - they should be fine after some breaking in. Pleasantly surprised by how nimble I felt in them, since they have less stability than what I'm used to. I was afraid I would keep dragging my toe on my bad leg and catching it on things, but it seems not to be an issue. And the tread is great, trails were super slick and muddy and no problem at all.

Sending best wishes to everyone who is sick right now! Hoping we can all stay as healthy as possible until the season passes!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Oh my Orange Mud double barrel came today. I wore it for all ten miles and it is pretty comfortable - but since it was well below freezing, I had plenty of layers on. Not sure how it will do come spring/summer clothing - you know when I will actually need it.

That one looks pretty cool. I'll be looking forward to a full review. It looked like it might be good for races where I don't want to carry a lot, but want 2 bottles on me.

I can say having the weight so high up on my shoulders, I really did not notice it was there after a while. The belt bag I have that is about ready to die bounces and needs adjustments as I run. This did not. So that is a good sign. Probably a long wait for warmer clothing run with it though.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have the Orange Mud hydraquiver single barrel and definitely like it better than a hydration belt. I used it this past summer with a tank top and experienced slight issues with chafing around the neck/shoulders until I started using body glide.
  • mamabear10717
    mamabear10717 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    February running challenge - 60km

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I have the Orange Mud hydraquiver single barrel and definitely like it better than a hydration belt. I used it this past summer with a tank top and experienced slight issues with chafing around the neck/shoulders until I started using body glide.

A few reviewers mentioned the same. Hope that works for me. Else will be back to a belt bag hunt.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @shanaber Good job pushing through a tough race!