Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Help.
    It's gray out here, I'm about to get off work, my hubby won't be home til 8:00, I'm feeling blue and have a headache again, all I really want to do is stop at the store on the way home and get a bottle of red, then plop on the couch with it and zone out on tv... Ugh. Hate this feeling.

Hey, if u have a headache, dont have wine. You'll be worse tommow. Grab some pain killers and drink lots of water put some relaxing meditating music on then drop on the couch. Or bed woukd be better than u can sleep all night.
    Hope u get better soon.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Help.
    It's gray out here, I'm about to get off work, my hubby won't be home til 8:00, I'm feeling blue and have a headache again, all I really want to do is stop at the store on the way home and get a bottle of red, then plop on the couch with it and zone out on tv... Ugh. Hate this feeling.

Sounds like a good night for a hot bath and some herbal tea instead!

That's a great suggestion. Maybe I'll get some Eucalyptus bath salts at the store that'll soothe my head as well. :)
    And thanks also @Alzzi76 It never makes sense to crave wine when I have a headache because of that very reason, yet I do... :/

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Im in how do u join sorry im new to this.

Welcome!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Help.

Make a big pot of tea, sip it often, tuck yourself into bed, and watch a funny movie! Distract yourself if you can. It will make your headache worse. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jselmi wrote: »
    I'm in. I've been wanting to cut back/stop for awhile now. I actually had created an "Alcohol" section in my MFP food categories. :) A couple glasses of wine a night add up. I need to kick start some weight loss. Glad to find this group.

Welcome to our group! We are all making progress because we can learn from each other, are strengthening our resolve and setting some goals. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Share with us what works for you :)
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Help.

Hang in there! A warm bath, couch and blanket, tv binge watch will still be the relaxation you crave with or without some wine. I mostly just imagine the wine part of that fantasy out of habit, when the truth is just sitting still on the couch and doing nothing is what i am wanting most. :)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Help.

Do you like hot yoga? You can try that or if your gym has a jacuzzi or sauna, that could help. Stay strong
  • lisatraver67
    lisatraver67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok. Not going totally dry, but plan to cut down
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble sleeping after you quit or cut back? Any recommendations? I've been waking up A LOT at night. Someone at work recommended taking GABA supplements--I took one last night and I did fall asleep easily but then was up half the night. I fell asleep ok at a reasonable hour and slept until about 1:30 am but then I was wide awake and could not fall back asleep until about 5am. I'm not really a big fan of tea--I thought about trying a sleepytime tea or something like that.

YES! I'm on my 32nd day and only manage 5-7 hrs of sleep per night. I do take the magnesium citrate supplements and drink either Sleepytime or chamomile tea in the evening. Last night I downloaded 'Headspace', a meditation app. I'm anxious to try it tonight.

If Headspace doesn't work, there are "sleep songs". Moby has an entire album of them. There's also a piece called 8 hour deep sleep. It's on youtube, so it's streaming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0
    There are quite a few deep sleep pieces out there. I like "binuaural beats", personally.

This is awesome. Going to try tonight. Thanks.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I am curious....would accountabilibuddies work? Someone you can talk to, chat, show up at the door...when you want a drink
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    I am curious....would accountabilibuddies work? Someone you can talk to, chat, show up at the door...when you want a drink

Sounds good to me! probably a little far to me, unless u had a private aeroplane and luved traveling.