How to approach girls in the gym???

Options

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    So I'm a single woman . . . and lots of women are here are saying they don't want to be approached at the gym because, well, they're busy and here for a reason buuuuuut can I just say something . . . . and please don't shoot me for this

We live in a world where women complain men don't show interest, but when they do show interest we're saying it's creepy? Sure, I get the gym isn't like the ideal spot for a guy to show he wants to get to know, but he is saying he wants to get to know you. Provided, he isn't saying this to every girl he comes across, I would take it as a compliment. He might not be the world's greatest guy, he might only be good for one cup of coffee but he's taking a chance. If you're not single, I get it and you have to find a nice way to say, thanks but I'm not single. It takes a lot of guts to show interest in today's dating world . .. but we're saying show interest, just only at these times? Jeeeez

You're my vote for woman of the year. At least MFP woman of the year.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    If she isn't making weird awkward eye contact or smiling at you or anything just steer clear.

OR You can ask her to spot you

Damn, dont do that, women are better spotters and then you'll add this "are you flirting with me like Captain Fantastic" element to when I ask :P
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Like dont spend 20 mins staring at her while shes using the adductor machine

15 minutes are good then?

... asking for a friend.

I'd say you're safe with 5-7 mins tops

Cool.

I'll go with seven !

... and a half
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As long as you don’t talk to me in the middle of my workout I don’t mind tbh
    I’ll be polite to whoever tries to chat with me for the most part
    Just be respectful and chill
  • ZQGainz
    ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I feel like the best thing to do is complement a girls shoes lol. I got that from a body builder named Bradley Martyn and it worked
  • ZQGainz
    Options
    ZQGainz wrote: »
    I feel like the best thing to do is complement a girls shoes lol. I got that from a body builder named Bradley Martyn and it worked

YOU LET THE THREAD GO TEN PAGES AND KNEW THE ANSWER TO YOUR OWN QUESTION THE WHOLE TIME

• ZQGainz
    Options

YOU LET THE THREAD GO TEN PAGES AND KNEW THE ANSWER TO YOUR OWN QUESTION THE WHOLE TIME

I don't know anything haha. I'm looking for advice and opinions. Everyone has been very insightful so far
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you stare long enough she willl come and talk to you...
  • ZQGainz
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »
    Maybe if you stare long enough she willl come and talk to you...

How would you not be creepy about that haha
  • elizarizo
    Options
    I forgot to mention, she will probably ask you what the *kitten* you looking at but at least she came and talked to you
  • ZQGainz
    Options
    I forgot to mention, she will probably ask you what the *kitten* you looking at but at least she came and talked to you

Hahah!! So eye contact must be important
  • elizarizo
    Options

SuUuuuper important LOL

• ZQGainz
    Options

SuUuuuper important LOL

Taking notes
  • elizarizo
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Maybe even steal her machine or weights, that would def spark up conversation
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I genuinely feel sorry for single men. There's so many social situations they're expected to navigate and they feel like they're wrong no matter what they do.

Why limit it to single men?

The advice for men in a relationship - "When you wake up in the morning, apologize. What for? Who knows, but you HAVE done something wrong."
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options

What about asking if you can "jump in" between sets?
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options

So many great relationships have started with a woman asking "what the hell are YOU looking at?"
  • newthinkingfish
    newthinkingfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

15 minutes are good then?

... asking for a friend.

I'd say you're safe with 5-7 mins tops

So set the alarm on your watch.. Got it ;)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    So is the answer yes or no to talking to women at the gym?

You takin notes over there?

No, I just want to know the answer at this point. :error::error::error: