Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

Replies

• I can’t believe I didn’t buy any thin mints yesterday with the GS outside Publix. Good thing there were 2 exits
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Only one? I don't get worried tell it's three! A splurge once in awhile isn't going to make or break you. Just don't get into a habit of it if it doesn't fit your calorie goals.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Only one? I don't get worried tell it's three! A splurge once in awhile isn't going to make or break you. Just don't get into a habit of it if it doesn't fit your calorie goals.

This lead to a 12k calorie weekend but it's ok I fixed it now
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

'fixed it' with a therapist, or.....?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member

How did you “fix it” then?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »

By restricting to ~500 calories per day, apparently. :astonished:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »

OP only ate 400 cals on monday and tuesday
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »

OP only ate 400 cals on monday and tuesday

I am afraid she might be doing this again today with the logging so far.

Advice given here and the other thread not taken. :grumble:
  • angelsja
    edited February 2018
    But yet it's ok for other people to look at their weekly goal but not me?? And I ate all my calories yesterday and plan to on Saturday for my birthday as I have pre logged
  • angelsja
    But yet it's ok for other people to look at their weekly goal but not me??

Looking at your weekly goal is fine. Using the weekly goal as an excuse for extreme restriction (less than 500 calories a day) is what people are referring to here.

It's only for 2 days then break then another 2 days and I feel fine + it averages out my weekly goal to maintenance calories
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    But yet it's ok for other people to look at their weekly goal but not me?? And I ate all my calories yesterday and plan to on Saturday for my birthday as I have pre logged

Because you're setting yourself up for another binge.
  • angelsja
    pinuplove wrote: »

Because you're setting yourself up for another binge.

No I'm not I binged because I had been eating only 1317 calories for a week now I've upped them to 1600 which is what I was on while losing last time
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Looking at your weekly goal is fine. Using the weekly goal as an excuse for extreme restriction (less than 500 calories a day) is what people are referring to here.

It's only for 2 days then break then another 2 days and I feel fine + it averages out my weekly goal to maintenance calories

People are trying to share that two days of extreme restriction isn't a great binge recovery tool. It sets you up for another binge especially since you've shared your cycle of restriction and binges prompted by "special days"/holidays (which is what you have coming up this weekend).

It may be that you're just not ready to hear it yet.

The cycle that you're going through is clear to many of us because we've been there too.
  • angelsja

People are trying to share that two days of extreme restriction isn't a great binge recovery tool. It sets you up for another binge especially since you've shared your cycle of restriction and binges prompted by "special days"/holidays (which is what you have coming up this weekend).

The cycle that you're going through is clear to many of us because we've been there too.

If you look at my diary I managed valentine's Day just over my calories and have pre logged my birthday meal just over my allowance too
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2018

If you look at my diary I managed valentine's Day just over my calories and have pre logged my birthday meal just over my allowance too

What is it that you're hoping to get out of these threads? I know in the past you've expressed frustration when people try to give advise based on their experiences or what has worked for them. It seems like you're looking for some validation. In my personal case, that's not something I feel comfortable offering here. I don't think your current strategy is one that is good for you mentally or physically and I don't feel it's likely to lead to long-term weight management success. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't want this to be any more frustrating for you than it has to be. How would you like people here to express their concern for your wellbeing and their wishes for your success?
  • angelsja

What is it that you're hoping to get out of these threads? I know in the past you've expressed frustration when people try to give advise based on their experiences or what has worked for them. It seems like you're looking for some validation. In my personal case, that's not something I feel comfortable offering here. I don't think your current strategy is one that is good for you mentally or physically and I don't feel it's likely to lead to long-term weight management success. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't want this to be any more frustrating for you than it has to be. How would you like people here to express their concern for your wellbeing and their wishes for your success?

I'm not hoping for anything im just frustrated reading other people looking at their weekly average and eating less on some days so they can eat more on weekends (which is essentially what iam doing) but yet it's not ok for me to do it for 4 days not even back to back -_-