Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

1234568»

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    1. I feel fine and I have to offset the damage I did at the weekend which was less than 7 days ago so it does count towards my weekly average.
    2. It's only until Sunday after that I will be sticking to my new calorie limit of 1600 instead of 1317 which is what caused me to binge in the first place. This is the amount of calories I was on before and I was losing then and didn't have a problem binging
    There are you all happy now .. I feel like crap
    LW3380 wrote: »
    LW3380 wrote: »
    There are you all happy now .. I feel like crap

Are you just on here for a moan??

Just wanted to let the people know I've eaten is all

Hope you enjoyed it...lets move on shall we?

Not really feel crap and like a utter failure now :(

So you were fine about it... but then you weren't... ?

I felt fine doing the 2 low cal days then eating then another 2 low cal days but then everyone was on my back saying I need to move on etc etc so I ate a day early then felt like crap afterwards no need to discuss it further was actually just reading another post on people who fast for 24 hours so I'm kinda confused as to why my low cal days were such a big deal but whatever :/
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited February 2018
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Only one? I don't get worried tell it's three! A splurge once in awhile isn't going to make or break you. Just don't get into a habit of it if it doesn't fit your calorie goals.

This lead to a 12k calorie weekend but it's ok I fixed it now

I agree with other posters, don't try to fix things by going too low. It will set you up for failure. I do a 20:4 IF and about the surest way I won't make it to my eating window is if I eat too little the day before. Consistent small deficits are the key for sustainability and then you will get there. You just need to be patient. Eating too little then two much and repeating will not get you there and you, or any one else, doesn't need the baggage of feeling bad when you follow that cycle and eat too much on some days.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    mitch16 wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Only one? I don't get worried tell it's three! A splurge once in awhile isn't going to make or break you. Just don't get into a habit of it if it doesn't fit your calorie goals.

How did you “fix it” then?

By restricting to ~500 calories per day, apparently. :astonished:

OP only ate 400 cals on monday and tuesday

:(
  • 1houndgal
    But yet it's ok for other people to look at their weekly goal but not me??

Looking at your weekly goal is fine. Using the weekly goal as an excuse for extreme restriction (less than 500 calories a day) is what people are referring to here.

It's only for 2 days then break then another 2 days and I feel fine + it averages out my weekly goal to maintenance calories

People are trying to share that two days of extreme restriction isn't a great binge recovery tool. It sets you up for another binge especially since you've shared your cycle of restriction and binges prompted by "special days"/holidays (which is what you have coming up this weekend).

It may be that you're just not ready to hear it yet.

The cycle that you're going through is clear to many of us because we've been there too.

If you look at my diary I managed valentine's Day just over my calories and have pre logged my birthday meal just over my allowance too

What is it that you're hoping to get out of these threads? I know in the past you've expressed frustration when people try to give advise based on their experiences or what has worked for them. It seems like you're looking for some validation. In my personal case, that's not something I feel comfortable offering here. I don't think your current strategy is one that is good for you mentally or physically and I don't feel it's likely to lead to long-term weight management success. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't want this to be any more frustrating for you than it has to be. How would you like people here to express their concern for your wellbeing and their wishes for your success?

I'm not hoping for anything im just frustrated reading other people looking at their weekly average and eating less on some days so they can eat more on weekends (which is essentially what iam doing) but yet it's not ok for me to do it for 4 days not even back to back -_-

So if those others are doing disordered eating and not get called out for it, you seem to think it should be ok for you to do eating disorder behavior and not get called out for it? Ok. Smh.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal wrote: »

She starved herself two days then. :(
  • angelsja

No because day one I was so bloated I couldn't even think about food and day 2 I genuinely wasn't hungry
  • yenny58
    yenny58 Posts: 10 Member
    I feel ya! My kids had a valentine party yesterday and I stayed strong, and away from the treats..... Just to go home and give into some sweets! I agree with others, let's not beat ourselves up! Just move on and forward
  • angelsja
    WinoGelato wrote: »

No because day one I was so bloated I couldn't even think about food and day 2 I genuinely wasn't hungry

Have you been reading at all what people have been saying in this thread? Your hunger signals are off kilter because you bounce from one extreme to another binge-restrict-binge-restrict. You are using the bloated ness and the lack of hunger to justify your extreme calorie deficit and under eating which is just setting you up for your next binge. You can’t see it because you are in the throes of it but I urge you to seek professional help before this gets worse and you do long term damage to both your physical and mental health.

Yes I have been reading/listening have you I have said previously I have never had hunger I've always just eaten because it was time or because I was bored/upset other people were eating I can easily go all day not eating and won't feel anything until my stomach is utterly growling and as I said before I binged because I was on too low calorie now I have changed that I will be fine I went to pizza hut for my evening meal for God sake
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    It wasn't a 24 hours fast though, it was 48 then a normal deficit day then another 48 hours. That's the problem. You can't just barely eat for 4 days as a "correctional" strategy and think that's okay.
  • angelsja
    edited February 2018
    It wasn't a 24 hours fast though, it was 48 then a normal deficit day then another 48 hours. That's the problem. You can't just barely eat for 4 days as a "correctional" strategy and think that's okay.

Wasn't a fast I had breakfast and a meal replacement shake in the evening both contained protein fats & carbs if it was a fast I would have just had water all day-_- then valentine's Day I was over my calories then I had another 24hr low Cal's Friday was a normal day and Saturday I was over but it's done with now so you can all stop commenting
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Wasn't a fast I had breakfast and a meal replacement shake in the evening both contained protein fats & carbs if it was a fast I would have just had water all day-_- then valentine's Day I was over my calories then I had another 24hr low Cal's Friday was a normal day and Saturday I was over but it's done with now so you can all stop commenting

You can ask the mods to delete the thread if you no longer want to get responses
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    You can ask the mods to delete the thread if you no longer want to get responses

Or, even easier, just not comment in reply as the replies are what keeps bringing the thread back up to the top of the page. Most people don't bother clicking to page 2 or 3 or more...