Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited!! This is my second group challenge ever but the first one with NSV goals. Those two goals I set up have been a secret longing of mine but I've never spoken them out loud. Well, now that I have it must be done! :noway: :bigsmile:
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    How does everyone feel about progress pictures? Like take one at somepoint this week and then either monthly/ at the end? I just figured it could possibly help us stay motivated
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm not really a picture person. As a compromise I'm willing to do one at the end. :happy:
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    How does everyone feel about progress pictures? Like take one at somepoint this week and then either monthly/ at the end? I just figured it could possibly help us stay motivated

Um... I think that's a really good idea. I feel really weird about it... I always like looking at other peoples progress and success pictures, and I would like to be able to do it myself... but I am not comfortable doing that myself right now, in fact the thought is making me a little anxious. Would it be OK if I didn't post pictures? I wish I was brave enough..... but I'm not :cry:
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm glad I made it. My GW is 198. Just typing 198 is breathtaking. I can't even image how that will feel. Yea!!

Irene

We have the same GW. :happy:
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could post a before and after later.
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options

How about we encourage progress pictures for those that are comfortable. We can just post them in the thread for those that want to.

I think I might try to post some about halfway through and again at the end. (Unless I'm seeing lots of progress in which case maybe a couple more times than that. ;) )

For those uncomfortable with pictures, you could post inches lost too. I know for me I've only lost a couple pounds these last few weeks, but have lost 2 inches off my waist as I've kicked up the running and weight lifting.

Don't feel pressured if you're uncomfortable. Everyone is here to encourage. :)
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting some forced exercise today. I unexpectedly have to take the bus home, and my bus stop is 2.2 hilly miles away from my office.

A least it will help with my goal. :)

Making lemonade out of lemons,
    Linda
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I didnt mean to make anyone uncomfortable, i just thought itd be a fun incentive suggestion. i didnt mean to make anyone feel self conscious
  • corgifan
    Options
    I didnt mean to make anyone uncomfortable, i just thought itd be a fun incentive suggestion. i didnt mean to make anyone feel self conscious

No worries! I still think it's a great idea.

Give me a couple days to digest and I'll probably take some shots for a "before" to be put with some "afters" later. I can't turn down a challenge. :) (Maybe I'll put some up around Halloween and again at Thanksgiving and Christmas?)
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Looking forward to participating in my first group!!

This is my first group too! I'm really excited to see how it all works :)
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Noooo.... you didn't make me feel uncomfortable, I think it's a great idea and I wish I had the courage to do it. I just wanted to explain why I wasn't going to be doing it and to check it was OK for me not to. Maybe I can set a NSV goal as being comfortable to post one :smile:
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! I'm getting excited thinking of how different I plan to look by Christmas. :smile:

We can do this!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put my goal weight by Christmas...
    giving some thought to it, I'd like to be down to 320 or less.

We have a great group.. we're all positive now... let's carry on this attitude
    and KICK SOME TAIL!!!! :happy:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I was playing around in my graphics program and came up with this...
    Someone else said they have a friend that might make one, if they do, we can take a vote. :smile:

HHCCGroup2.jpg
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So just being part of this group has already given me a jump start. I was at the gym doing my usual routine and decided that today was the day to add some extra time to my work out. Feel pretty good about it too, didn't over do it but still feel good about the additional minutes! I have an overwhelming urge to shout "Go Team"! lol.
  • corgifan
    Options
    I am LOVING how much everyone is getting excited for this challenge.

I'm going to be adding a 21st person into the group. She's a friend of mine in real life and the one who introduced me to Tumblr (a blogging platform with lots of weight loss folks) and MFP. Kinda breaking the rules, but I guess I can do that a bit. :)
  • mommymeyersto2
    Options
    Hmm... Just noticed a weigh-in on my 30th birthday. No pressure right? Lol
  • Imannott
    Imannott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I love the banner it is very pretty. I would love to post a photo maybe after I lost some more weight. I think it would be fun. I just brought two workout dvds. The firm and Jackie Warner -- this is why your fat.

Just finished recording my food for the day. It was such an eye opening expereince.
  • mommymeyersto2
    Options
    Hi All,

I love the banner it is very pretty. I would love to post a photo maybe after I lost some more weight. I think it would be fun. I just brought two workout dvds. The firm and Jackie Warner -- this is why your fat.

Just finished recording my food for the day. It was such an eye opening expereince.

Thats great! I love how easy is to keep track of foods with this site/app. Those DVDs sound great! I just started "ripped in 30" and it's showing me just how out of shape I am. Feels great afterwards though. Let me know how the workouts are. :)