Options

Replies

• tmaths
    tmaths Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I keep to the same thing each day, except for weekends

1 1/4 cup of vector cereal
    1 cup of almond milk

On weekends, it's usually just leftovers. I grew up in a household where we ate leftovers for breakfast and lunch, and even now at the age of 31, I have no issues keeping up with this.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of breakfast plans I choose among. Today was a green smoothie. Tomorrow will be a yogurt-granola bowl. Saturday will be an overnight oatmeal in kefir fortified with protein powder, and Sunday will be eggs and turkey, or eggs and ham. My aim with all these is to get near 30 g protein and under 400 calories.
  • jvkmama13
    jvkmama13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Slim quick drink, protein bar, and yogurt every week day. On weekends I make 2 fried eggs or boil-in-bag omelet with 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Not a huge breakfast eater so it's easy to keep a routine breakfast schedule.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I eat different things on different days, my brekkie varies.

Today I had avocado toast with a chicken kiev and a protein mug cake (blueberry cheesecake flavour).
    Yesterday I had a three scoop gingerbread biscuit whey protein shake with 300ml whole fat milk.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    1 egg, 4 egg whites, 2 slices of bacon, bran buds, milk. That's pretty much my breakfast meal every day.

This always puzzles me. An egg is an egg is an egg!! Consists of both yolk and white.

Not puzzling... Some people don't have the possibility, or desire, to use that many calories on fat from eggs.

I'm sure that is true for some...for me I was an 'egg white' breakfast consumer...however, found I was hungry after a few hours.

I started eating the whole egg and now I'm good to go til lunch...sometimes not even that hungry for that either! Plus, the yolk is yummy...

Never said the yolk wasnt delicious, and the original meal in the quote included an egg, so not all whites. I often have the protein of 4-6 eggs in a meal; I don't want 20-30g fat just from eggs, so using 1-2 whole eggs cuts that down, and makes adding cheese, avocado etc possible.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Usually egg whites or 1 whole egg + whites plus turkey sausage or bacon
    OR
    1/2 Sonic bacon breakfast burrito.
    Sometimes Taco Bell breakfast taco or protein muffins
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Most of the days I would eat a bowl of crunchy salad ( cucumber, radish, pepper, tomato) scrambled 2 eggs and 50g of cheese. Sometimes I swap cheese for avocado or 2 bacon rashers
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    During the work week I have an egg and cheese pita (frozen section, not "healthy") with veggie sausage patty. On weekends I have eggs with sausage or oatmeal with peanut butter and fruit. Some days I'll have protein cheerios or a part of a protein shake, but I typically stick with the same thing!
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bulletproof coffee
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    During the week its 2 pieces of sausage-usually turkey and "natural", some tomato and avocado, more if I'm more hungry, less if I'm not, or leftovers from the night before. I don't eat breakfast on the weekend, I usually eat a brunch type meal after I work out.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    today 2 boiled eggs, half a Fuji apple, 15g pecans and 1.5 oz fontina cheese
  • spencermitsch
    spencermitsch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Honey nut Cheerios & milk
    Smoked salmon & cream cheese scrambled eggs
    Fried eggs on toast
    Bagel & cream cheese (not super healthy but hey)

Secret weapon: 2 ingredient pancakes
    Mash a banana, stir with 2 eggs, pour into frying pan. Add things to make delicious - cinnamon, 2 tsp maple syrup. Shockingly good.

Other secret weapon. Make cream cheese go further for the same calories by cutting with Greek yogurt 1:1 and stirring in some dill.

I don’t tend to advocate diet food, preferring to eat smaller portions over eating slightly off versions of things I love, but these two finds were great for me
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First breakfast (straight after a run): green smoothie of OJ, cucumber, celery, leafy greens, banana, protein powder. 4 serves of veg!
    Second breakfast (usually about 3 hours later): bircher muesli variation of soaked grains/seeds with fruit, nuts and high protein yoghurt...keeps me going until about 2pm
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I do IF so my breakfast is usually around noon, but it’s probably my favorite meal and is the same thing everyday: Some sort of English muffin (I’ve been rotating regular wheat, banana bread, and cinnamon raisin), toasted with PB2, and 2-3 eggs scrambled.
  • mealsbyvictoria
    mealsbyvictoria Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal, so many options. Some of my favorites:

- overnight oats 1/2 cup, almond milk 1/2 cup, chia seeds 1T, slivered almonds 1T
    - Poached egg over kale, tomatoes, avocado, flax meal
    - Whole grain toast with avocado, smoked salmon, tomato
    - Siggi’s yogurt with chia seeds, berries

All above are quite filling, keeping me sated well until lunch.
  • karamcrizz
    karamcrizz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weekdays:
    Muuna cottage cheese and fruit - usually berries of some kind
    Overnight oatmeal with banana and Peanut Butter powder (Quest)
    Siggi yogurt with berries and walnuts

Weekends:
    Eggs with cheese, spinach and other assorted veggies
    Banana oatmeal pancakes
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to eat breakfast, but it's a must....my breakfast is a Premier Protein shake and maybe a piece of fruit. That's everyday, especially weekends, when I struggle to stay on track.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Two hardboiled eggs, half an avocado and coffee... or a breakfast sandwich made with one of those low carb English muffin recipes. On occasion I just reheat leftover soup and put it in a travel mug

Weekends are usually some kind of egg thing... omlette, benedict
  • Dreamer_Aly
    Dreamer_Aly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfast meals is French toast (yummm). I like to use 3 slices of the Sarah Lee, 80 calorie breads and a half cup of egg whites. Then top it with some sugar free syrup and strawberries. ❤️
  • Grazypants
    Grazypants Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to mix peanut butter (the no sugar added type), dark chocolate chips, flax seed meal, and rasberries to my oatmeal.
    Other breakfast options I enjoy are
    -chocolate protein shake with almond milk, spinach, 1/2 avacado, chia seeds, and frozen berries
    -frittatas (veggies and cheese)
    -sweet potato hash with onion, green pepper, rosemary, thyme, jalapeños and an egg
    - omelette filled with tuna or salmon, and sautéed spinach, mushroom, and feta
    - 1/2 baked acorn squash, fill the hole with a bit of Greek yogurt, drizzle sugar free peanut butter on top, and add nuts or a little granola
    - One slice of multigrain toast with two tablespoons of hummus and a sliced 1/2 avacado on top
    - 3 ingredient cookie (banana, oatmeal, dark chocolate chips)
    I know there are more but these are a few of my faves I can think of at the moment