JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options

So it was a strange night for me last night. I am still trying to process the info I found out. Turns out that MIL has had cancer for a while. We have no idea what kind. No one told us. But it has spread and she does not have long left. My DH has a kind of love/hate relationship with her, but anyone losing there Mommy is rough. My DH likes to run away from feelings, especially concerning his family. It's going to take him a long time after she is ultimately gone, for him to come to terms with it. My issue is that I haven't lost a family member or even someone relatively close to me in about 20 years, definitely not as an adult. So I have no idea how to feel or what to feel right now. I have an awesome relationship with my Mom(It took a lot of work and a lot of forgiveness on both our parts, though.) and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose her. So I have all of these really odd feelings inside of me that I dont know what to do with. I think I might schedule an appointment with my old therapist and talk to her about it. It was just a kind of surreal night last night. The news still affected me this morning, hence why I didn't go to the gym or make the phone calls. While I was waiting for the time that I could leave for M's house, I just kind of sat there listlessly, definitely not in a good frame of mind. M made me see some things from a slightly different perspective and that helped a little but I am still kind of at a loss. Anyway, sorry for the rambling. I just wanted to let you know what's going on in case I am not my usually upbeat self.

I am so very very sorry. That is a lot to digest, especially not even knowing that she was ill. I think you are smart in seeing your therapist - just to talk to someone. I hope whatever time she has left that you are able to spend quality time with her. Death makes us appreciate so much the small things. But it is not something we can ever be prepared for ... like so many things in life ... you have to take it a day at a time.

I will say a prayer for you and your DH. Hugs to you my friend <3 Know that you are in my thoughts - and you come on here anytime you want to talk or express any feelings. We are all here for you. Take good care of you.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I'm so behind on the reading the posts! Kids are out of school this week in Massachusetts for vacation and I'm minding our friend's large luvable dog so it's not my usual schedule. Still tracking but I can see myself craving carbs.

Walk dogs 30 mins in neighborhood.
    Meditate 25 mins this afternoon
    Drink water-64oz min.
    Donate blood today.
    Track all my meals today-low carb/high protein. Aim for 1 gram of protein per lb at goal weight (150 grams of protein).
    Remind myself that this helps with bingeing.
    Packed protein bar & Apple in car.
    Plan rest of weeks suppers.
    Reorganize/declutter desk-continue.
    Need to read some inspiration stories.
    Reorganize planner binders for Boy Scouts, Kids/school, recipes, Sunday School & more. Turn in expenses.
    A little self care, feeling run down.
    Research anti inflammatory foods.

I'm printing off this list and posting it on my fridge! Have a great Wednesday :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 So very sorry about your news, keeping you, your DH and entire family in my prayers. Good for you for scheduling a therapist appt. Sometimes, the best thing is to talk things out with an unbiased person.

@Bex953172 Wow, can't believe you are so close! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too.

@Saragirl2 Hugs to you, my friend.

@slittlemeister Between work and life, you always have so much going on! You are inspiring that you keep going!

@amberkins Welcome! No judgment here, each person is on their own journey. Your list looks very achievable, good to keep it short.

@OConnell5483 So nice of your hubby to drive you yesterday! My hubby offered his 4WD, but with ice, what would that matter? Anyway, we had a 2-hour delay to our workday, and between road treatments and rising temps, driving was not so bad. Just had to take it slow in the parking lot. Love that you're taking inspiration from me (I'm always surprised by anyone being inspired by me :wink:) and doing stairs breaks at work!

@joan6630 and @chemjenny Welcome back, you've been missed.

@missheidi Hope you are recovering! Hugs to you.

Happy hump day to everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Recap T 2/20 - Late posting JFT, due to 2 hour delay starting work (icy roads), then webinar at noon. Already have two goals to check off! :smiley:
    1) Treadmill before work (and I didn't have to get up before sunrise :smiley:) / 3 mi 50:06 / stretched after :smiley:
    2) Paced 3,338 steps in office during noon webinar :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,534 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 hour (took advantage of 2-hr delay at work and stayed in bed :smiley:) and 33 floors :smiley:
    4) Lunch & supper (leftovers bc hubby and I are going to see Riverdance tonight...we saw it 20 years ago, really looking forward to seeing again) are prelogged / net calories green / monitor the usual = Net calories great, right on target...until got home from theatre and dipped into peanut butter jar (haven't done that in ages!) and walnut halves...not the worst thing to eat, forced myself to add to yesterday's log this morning, and definitely red net calories, sugar & sodium, at least fiber & protein good & 15c water. :s My daily weigh-in stayed the same, so I'm thinking of what could've been. >:)
    5) After work: vote / mail middle brother's bday card = done x2, then saw middle brother (unexpectedly in town) at theatre with his new someone...I could've just handed him his card. LOL :smiley:
    6) Floss / retainers / bed 11:00 (earlier if possible) = Big nope x3 :(:(:(

JFT W 2/21 - After late evening, no treadmill before work / today is rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green / choose wisely at soup supper / maybe one small dessert / log best I can
    3) Evening: soup supper at church / Lenten service / boil eggs / wash dishes / read Sunday ads
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (kinda want Olympics to be over)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday, 2/20/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)

JFT (Wednesday, 2/21/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
    5. Laundry
    6. Start packing for vacation
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I am so sorry to hear about your m-i-l. The thing about death is that we know it is going to happen at some point. But we are never prepared for it, really, especially when it's your parents. I prayed for your husband, that he will do what he needs to do so that he does not have regrets. Regret can really wreck havoc on the mind. I also prayed God will guide you and give you the words and timing needed to best be there for your husband. It's great that you are evaluating the issue and taking action in order to keep your mind strong. Doing so will only help in responding to your husband and being strong enough for him to lean on.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 With my last baby, the nurse said it was time to start pushing. I looked at her and said, "I am not ready to have this baby!" She replied, "Well, honey, it doesn't matter. This baby is coming out whether you are ready or not!" Enjoy the many lasts that is coming with this baby. With my last one, the nurse asked if I'd like for her to place a mirror at the foot of the bed so I could see the baby coming. I didn't think a thing about it. (it was a self standing mirror). Oh my gosh, it was...well, I can't explain it, but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to witness the birth as it was happening. I think it was calming and encouraging...I got to see what all this pain and such was all about. We are all excited around here, anticipating your announcement to your MFP friends.