WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good evening dear sisters. My blood pressure has be a real decent level today, I'm not sure why. I was a little woozy this evening before supper but I had a 15 pound ft jump on my lap and deman my attention so I wasn't able to take my blood pressure. When he was off I took it sitting and standing and it was 130/80 sitting and 130/79 standing so there wasn't any problem. But it was a level I couldn't take my blood pressure pill I take at supper. It will be interesting to see if that will affect my bedtime levels.

Rey, I talk to my Mom all the time. She has been dead since 2011 and I don't k ow what I would do without my talks with both my parents. He died in 1998. Some how just talking helps me find the answer I was wanting.

Well Ellie is preparing for her schools talent show audition. Magic and ventriloquism are two of her other talents. Last year she did a good magic show so this year she is doing the ventriloquism. My brother graduated from the same colleg my daughter went to.. Now granted Ellie is only 11 but he said this college does have an archery program and she could possibly get a scholarship there. Her older sister is doing one of her college tours at that college on spring break. I sent my daughter an article from my local paper on line. It was about one of our high schools robotic program working with one of our local collleges. They are making a robotic hand for a country in Africa. This is just right down Ellie's line of thinking. Electronics, helping someone who really needs it and making something. The children in this country can't go to school because of rules that if they don't have a hand they can't go to school. So she was going to see if their school system has any kind of robotics classes. Some times these are actual classes and others are clubs. They do have robotics competitions. I do know they hav a wonderful school, system, a,ways thinking of the children's best interest.

Watching the women's figure skating, free skate. Medals will be awarded on this tonight. I really don't think the 3 ladies from USA have a chance for a medal unless th other ladies make some bad mistakes. I think going into tonight's competition they are 10th, 11th and 12th place. But USA has pulled out some miracles during the Olympics before so I will just enjoy. To all of you from Canada, I am sorry we beat you in Hockey and took you out of running for curling gold. No I'm not!!!!! Are you kidding!!!!

My DH have a difference of opinion on the OAR. He thinks the entire program should have been banned. I say why not let the ones who have kept clean compete? They have worked hard for almost 4 years to get to where they are and stays drug free. Why should they be penalized for what their team mates did? The Olympics is about celebrating the athlete, not penalizing them.

Ok, this is the limit as to what my fingers can type on this cold screen. Joyce, Indiana
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,378 Member
    Options
    I have a new baby granddaughter!!

Kay - woo hoo! Hope mom & baby are doing well. Name and picture when you get a chance like Suebdew says :-)

Pip - is that ICE on your street this morning and did you ride your bike on that? If so do you have itsy bitsy tire chains?

This is supposed to be the final night of cold weather - 16f predicted. I do love the blue sky and sunshine tho. Glad we don't have it for months at a time.

Terry
    - hope when DD feels stronger, she'll give you more info on the new boyfriend. We want the scoop and what's best for her like you do! Sounds like she's burning the candle at both ends. So great you are there for her.

Wendy
    - have a great time visiting your DD and the grands. I know you feel real bad not being there for Mrs. You Know Who. (NOT) Are you rid of them for a year? So hard putting stuff back together after big windstorms like that - glad your hives are OK. Wish I could teleport myself over there to taste this year's honey crop. I see another Space-X was launched today. Still no teleporter progress I assume, lol when they are busy sending satellites and cars into outer space. Cheesh.

Mary - isn't it exciting applying for those teaching jobs? I think Shep's day care sounds dandy, by the way. I am so glad you are back with us, we love hearing about your life where the sun shines!

Kelly
    - I had some cold sweet potato for supper. Yes, just google resistant starch. Rye had lots of info on it for sure. I'm glad your daycare consultant is finally going to visit you next week - you'll have that done finally. How is your MIL doing? Is she back home or still in the facility?

Lisa- I looked up Mulberry AR on the map. What a nice central location!

Joyce
    - glad your BP was behaving today. I think you are getting better all the time.

Michele
    - sorry your stay in FL will be done soon. VERY INTERESTING Denise & Pete staying with his mom. HHmm. Yes, where's dad - out of the picture? Kids. That newcomer gala sounds HUGE! I know lots of folks like big things like that.

Sunkist
    - I totally understand your views on retiring from the RCMP. I worked in the county 911 Center a decade ago. The dispatchers were so good at what they did but when they retired, they didn't want anything to do with it. They were glad to walk away from the stress and reinvent themselves as spouses and grandparents and neighbors I think. Many of them did continue friendships with each other -- funny, a couple gals that fought like cats and dogs became close after they left the center and would take each other out to lunch, celebrate birthdays. I'm glad.

OK, time to button up everything, the thermometer just dropped below freezing.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,606 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.12min, 141mhr, 6.9amph. 1.5mi= 125c
    apple watch- 73c
    treadmill, walk- 15min, 1-4incline, 101mhr, 4.0sp, 1.02mi= 74c
    apple watch- 85c
    *old* SKI MACHINE- 15min, 130mhr, lvl10, 15esist, 131avvstpmin, .73mi= 107c
    apple watch- 98c
    Floor exer- 4.28min, 3sets of 10ea, ab sliding crunchs and single let toe touches w/bounce, 120ahr, 133mhr = 49c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 10.50min, 8.2amph, 124mhr, 1.5mi= 77c
    apple watch- 62c
    walk wk-slow jog 2 sta- 9.29min, 3.4ap, 145mhr .5mi= 66
    apple watch- not recorded
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.32min, 8amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi= 185c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 769
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,606 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »

Kay - woo hoo! Hope mom & baby are doing well. Name and picture when you get a chance like Suebdew says :-)

Pip - is that ICE on your street this morning and did you ride your bike on that? If so do you have itsy bitsy tire chains?

This is supposed to be the final night of cold weather - 16f predicted. I do love the blue sky and sunshine tho. Glad we don't have it for months at a time.

Terry
    - hope when DD feels stronger, she'll give you more info on the new boyfriend. We want the scoop and what's best for her like you do! Sounds like she's burning the candle at both ends. So great you are there for her.

Wendy
    - have a great time visiting your DD and the grands. I know you feel real bad not being there for Mrs. You Know Who. (NOT) Are you rid of them for a year? So hard putting stuff back together after big windstorms like that - glad your hives are OK. Wish I could teleport myself over there to taste this year's honey crop. I see another Space-X was launched today. Still no teleporter progress I assume, lol when they are busy sending satellites and cars into outer space. Cheesh.

Mary - isn't it exciting applying for those teaching jobs? I think Shep's day care sounds dandy, by the way. I am so glad you are back with us, we love hearing about your life where the sun shines!

Kelly
    - I had some cold sweet potato for supper. Yes, just google resistant starch. Rye had lots of info on it for sure. I'm glad your daycare consultant is finally going to visit you next week - you'll have that done finally. How is your MIL doing? Is she back home or still in the facility?

Lisa- I looked up Mulberry AR on the map. What a nice central location!

Joyce
    - glad your BP was behaving today. I think you are getting better all the time.

Michele
    - sorry your stay in FL will be done soon. VERY INTERESTING Denise & Pete staying with his mom. HHmm. Yes, where's dad - out of the picture? Kids. That newcomer gala sounds HUGE! I know lots of folks like big things like that.

Sunkist
    - I totally understand your views on retiring from the RCMP. I worked in the county 911 Center a decade ago. The dispatchers were so good at what they did but when they retired, they didn't want anything to do with it. They were glad to walk away from the stress and reinvent themselves as spouses and grandparents and neighbors I think. Many of them did continue friendships with each other -- funny, a couple gals that fought like cats and dogs became close after they left the center and would take each other out to lunch, celebrate birthdays. I'm glad.

OK, time to button up everything, the thermometer just dropped below freezing.

Lanette
    SW WA State

ice and snow, I ride on the road, not sidewalk, no tire chains :0)
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Barbie, Yvonne & Rye - Gorgeous cats!!

Joyce - I went to the Ark in October of last year. It is very scooter-friendly, with a wide ramp spiraling up the center. Most exhibits will be very accessible. There are also many places to sit & rest. The buffet at Emzara's (a separate building from the Ark itself) had lots of good food choices. The Ark is spectacular - I'd love to go back, as there is so much to see & hear that you can't do it all in one day. The Creation Museum is only about 45 minutes away, but it is very narrow and maze-like, very crowded (even on an off-season weekday), difficult for scooters, with very few places to sit & rest. It was interesting but physically stressful, whereas the Ark was much more relaxing despite its huge size.

Heather and Lisa - Congratulations!

Lenora - If you are lurking, thinking of you

- Pat in PA
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Kay, congratulations grandma!

DD home from classes safe. Now I can rest easy. She is going to her dad’s tomorrow for a week to house sit. It will feel funny not having her around.

Well that’s it for today.

Hugs to all, Terry in VT
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Michelle this is my favourite licorice tea
    guusjv09qigs.png
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options

So thrilling. Happy hugging and cuddling. <3<3<3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Suebdew in TX. [/quote]
    Been feeling sick all week so haven’t been to the Y. Walked in the house a Bit this afternoon. No flu just sore throat and cough.
    Heather- congrats on your news about your home selling. I watched a BBC program about selling houses in Brighton. Very interesting. None of the three offered had parking which would be a deal breaker for me.
    Lisa- I agree renting sight unseen is risky but you do have the advantage of photos on the internet. Good luck.
    Kay- congratulations on your baby granddaughter. Post a pic when you can.
    Been raining hard since last Sunday. The river behind our property is high but still in its bank. Feeling tired so will stop and watch some olympics.

Sue feel better soon. Enough is enough. <3<3<3

Janetr OKC
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    KJ resistant starch - it isn’t a huge difference in 100 g potatoes I think cooking, cooling and reheating made about 8 g resistant starch if I recall my research into it last year. Still it’s better than nothing for one like me who loves potato’s!

Resistant starch is digested in the body like fiber, yes that is the interesting thing. So it feeds the gut biome.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    bwcetc,

Thanks for the wise words and licorice tea suggestion! Will try it :)

xoJean
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thank you for your good wishes, everyone. <3
    We are going down on Monday to look at one possible and three not so possibles. Even the possible one does not have off street parking. :( But it is a bit cheaper than some because of that. Could view a few others if we can fix it up in time. Parking is a problem in a popular seaside resort. You have to get a street permit and visitor permits etc, so not our preference. But location is very important for us. Anyway, we are making progress.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather I know this is silly to ask, but the house you had your eye on before that needed a bit of work...it's no longer available?

Rori So exciting about retiring! Just a few more days!

Karen in Virginia