• sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Revise to do list.
    Walk dogs 30 mins in neighborhood.
    Meditate 25 mins this afternoon
    Drink water-64oz min.
    Meeting up with a good friend at a trampoline park-kids can jump while we visit.
    Track all my meals today-low carb/high protein. Achieved goal of 150 grams last night.
    Dinner planned tonight.
    Prepped some food & fruit. Read pineapple is good as an anti inflammatory.
    Reorganize/declutter desk-continue.
    Need to read some inspiration stories.
    Reorganize planner binders for Boy Scouts, Kids/school, recipes, Sunday School & more. Turn in expenses.
    Up 2 lbs on scale -don't get discouraged.
    Early to bed.

Does anyone take progress photos? I'm thinking of starting this.

I haven't taken any photos but It is probably a good idea as it is very inspirational when you look at it later...I don't feel confident enough to do this as yet... I generally avoid photos as I am very self conscious.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day. Left work super late, again. Working towards a massive deadline on Friday and I don't really know what I'm doing. And I've really talked up what I'm doing to other people who criticised my approach and who wanted to commission an external company to do part of it..... So I really feel I have to deliver!

It was bad though, the CEO popped round as he was leaving to find out why I was still there (in a kind of casual, 'I'm just interested... But I want to know why you're working late all the time'). This isn't the first time he's done that - the last time I'd told him it was because I had to get some stuff done before I went on holiday. He clearly remembered this and said 'you're not going on holiday this time surely'.

It was awkward, I felt like I couldn't tell him the real reason, which is that 'your (male) senior managers are inept, disorganised, and completely negligent with regards to the wellbeing of their staff'.

Part of me really wants to arrange to talk to him, but I don't know if I should. I think I can probably trust him to be discreet and not land me in s*it. (I.e. not go ranting to the managers and make them hate me). But, thinking about it... I think the problems are too big to fix. There are too many rubbish people, and company wide problems, to fix - or at least to fix in the kind of timescale that I need (i.e. before I have a nervous breakdown, or more likely - because I don't break down that easily, I just keep going whilst getting increasingly bitter and twisted and horrible - alienate all my loved ones).

SO I think the upshot is:
    A) By the end of the year, I will have a new job - NOT in this company
    B) Once I get through the current crisis (which should be about 3.5 weeks) I am going to start religiously leaving by 6 EVERY day, NO MATTER WHAT. Ideally earlier, but let's say 6 is the absolute deadline and I should aim for 5.30, or 5 on days where I have somewhere to be)

That last one is super important. I have given so much of myself to that company, and need to take my life back. I'll do that now.

This means I will probably have to miss deadlines, do substandard work, and this will probably piss off everyone around me. But you know what? They shouldn't have taken advantage of me for 2.5 years. For 2.5 years, I've been making them look good by delivering despite lack of time, and it's time they started looking like the incompetent idiots they are.

Can you tell I'm a bit cross? :smile:

Anyway, rant over... Here's the bit with the goals!

Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral:
    - Leave work by 6.30 :/ 7.45...
    - Exercise DVD at home :/ Got home too late for that
    - No alcohol :'( Had G&T to compensate for stressful day
    - 30+ minute lunch break :/ I ended up having a long chat with colleagues as my lunch break. But this wasn't great as I basically just had a big moan. I think it was part of the leaving job decision mentioned above though, so possibly a good thing!
    - Meditate OR life admin at lunch :/ See above
    - Check email only at selected intervals :| Some of the time - not enough though

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Get away from desk at lunch
    - Check email only at selected intervals
    - Focus!
    - stay positive!

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like a horrid place. The sooner you get out the better. In the meantime, try to take care of yourself. Sometimes we don't see the wood from the trees and it can be so tricky.

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Never updated you all yesterday lol sorry!

Cervical sweep was fine. She couldn’t do it anyway as it as closed but apparently baby is low down!

So induction in Sunday, there will be no early arrival.
    Do you think I should pack my hospital bag now :lol:

Yes pack your hospital bag :smiley:

No need to rush her here, she'll be here soon enough!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So here's me being accountable ....
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Shopping
    3. Laundry
    4. Pool
    5. Subway for Dinner
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Good news on the quilt front. :D Today I managed to fix the backing that was too short and re-pin the borders. It's now in my machine ready for the borders to be quilted. Yahoo!

@joan6630 How is yours coming along? I hope your sewing room is helping.

Great news about your quilt! What a relief to be over that hump, eh? Your JFT list sounds very do-able!
    Peace and joy