Couch to 5k challenge

Options

Replies

• ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you guys! I hope you love the program! Don't worry about having a slow time - just have fun and worry about beating your personal record in your next race. ;)
  • angelicasassy
    angelicasassy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am nervous to go a 5k. It’s been on my bucket list for awhile now.

You can do it!!
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    Completed W1 D2 yesterday. Honestly I wasn’t planning to do it because I was so tired from the day that I had. But I made it the days commitment/goal (to do C25K) that I wanted to tick off so I got onto the treadmill !

One more day for week 1 to go!

Great job!

• angelicasassy
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    Good luck, you guys! I hope you love the program! Don't worry about having a slow time - just have fun and worry about beating your personal record in your next race. ;)

Thanks so much!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm going to start training this summer. There's a 5K on August 31st I'm going to either walk or run (both are options and I'm already walking twice that most weekdays. My goal is to walk 2 hours a day. Typically, that comes in at around 6 1/2 miles or slightly over 10k.) Downloaded a 7-week training program for a 5K run that I mean to start come June.

Meanwhile, I'm in Toronto and it's winter, so probably wise to wait.
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok so my ultimate goal is to be able to do a Spartan race or equivalent obstacle course. To do that I will need to be able to run a 5k. So starting Sunday I am going to start my C25K. Its been a while since I have done any kind of running. Hopefully I can do this. I'll check back in on Sunday...
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    peachplace wrote: »
    Ok so my ultimate goal is to be able to do a Spartan race or equivalent obstacle course. To do that I will need to be able to run a 5k. So starting Sunday I am going to start my C25K. Its been a while since I have done any kind of running. Hopefully I can do this. I'll check back in on Sunday...

You’ve got this. Good luck!
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    ripterr wrote: »
    Hey all.....I'm in and just completed D2 W1 on our treadmill.
    I usually walk about 5 miles a day, but have never run. Although I'm in my 60s I'd love to do a 5k run this year!

Good job!! How’s it going?
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    ripterr wrote: »
    Hey all.....I'm in and just completed D2 W1 on our treadmill.
    I usually walk about 5 miles a day, but have never run. Although I'm in my 60s I'd love to do a 5k run this year!

Awesome, I'm doing a C25K and the last day of the program is the day of the race. It will be my first 5k. Let's do this!
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    Week 1, day 3 completed!
  • ripterr
    ripterr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1 done! Feeling great!
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was a bit behind but did my W1D3 yesterday. I'm catching up so will be doing W2D1 today
  • ripterr
    ripterr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 done...
  • tirowow12385
    Options
    Way to go.
  • melbsc
    melbsc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in but will start it on Thursday. I need to be fitter and healthier and hope that this will kick start me.

Well done to those who have already started.
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done yesterday !
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    W2 D1 just complete
  • tirowow12385
    Options
    W4 D1 done, ran one of my miles in 10 minutes. Yuss, progress.
  • angelicasassy
    Options
    W4 D1 done, ran one of my miles in 10 minutes. Yuss, progress.

That’s amazing! Congrats!