How to approach girls in the gym???

Replies

• PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    So just wondering @ZQGainz, have you approached any women since you've posted this? How did it go?
  • leahnicole89
    leahnicole89 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a girl, and I will say 100% just DON'T. Please :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I'm a girl, and I will say 100% just DON'T. Please :)

Got it.

We'll put you down as: Yes!
  • eshebam
    eshebam Posts: 40 Member
    @newmeadow - this!

we want the proverbial "meet cute" right? You can't meet cute on a screen lol - try the unlikely places!

Just don't scare us lol - go slow - smile, see if she responds, have a corny joke ready - y'know - woo a woman :P
  • Motorsheen
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    @newmeadow Certainly not the gym where you are there to workout, the grocery where you are there to shop, the library where you are there to read, the mall where you are window shopping, church where you are there to worship, the bar where you just want to drink, a concert where you just want to listen to a band....

Maybe all those Hallmark movies are right and you only find true love when he accidentally bumps into you at a busy intersection and everything turns right in your world in an instant.

And this is why I always hang out at bus stops and freeway rest areas.
  • Scottybebop718
    Scottybebop718 Posts: 32 Member
    I just stick with the no eye contact and run away approach
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    @newmeadow Certainly not the gym where you are there to workout, the grocery where you are there to shop, the library where you are there to read, the mall where you are window shopping, church where you are there to worship, the bar where you just want to drink, a concert where you just want to listen to a band....

Maybe all those Hallmark movies are right and you only find true love when he accidentally bumps into you at a busy intersection and everything turns right in your world in an instant.

I only accept approaching men with the completed consent-to-talk-to-me form application, credit history, and background check in hand.

I've also attached three professional references other than family members with mine, try to contain yourself.
  • jacesmom4930
    jacesmom4930 Posts: 25 Member
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    I can think of a couple of guys at my gym that I'd be happy to have approach me! Haha...but, not in the middle of my workout. Make some eye contact, smile and say hey how's it going! Be friendly and casual, don't be creepy or overbearing. You'll know pretty fast if the girl is on the same page. Try that a few times and then if you're feeling particularly ballsy one day, try and catch her on her way out and make some small talk. Work up to it...be cool. ;)

This is good advice. Just take it slow and make sure you back off if she isn’t showing any interest.
    Or you could try pulling her pigtails like ZQGainz suggested. That’s how my husband got me! Lol

Good luck!

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    I just can't read the title of this thread without thinking of Elmer Fudd trying to sneak up on Bugs.
  • Motorsheen
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

And this is why I always hang out at bus stops and freeway rest areas.

I heard you let fat girls borrow your jack in case of a flat. What state are you from again? I might move there.

My state?

I have dual citizenship in both the state of confusion and the state of despair.
  • Motorsheen

I only accept approaching men with the completed consent-to-talk-to-me form application, credit history, and background check in hand.

Would you instead consider a box of donuts and some false promises?
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member

Would you instead consider a box of donuts and some false promises?

False promises are what dreams are made of...

I'm focused on the box of donuts myself :lol:
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    in the gym... no.

instead

just wait for them in the parking lot

inside their car

in the backseat.

I have an easier version. Pretend you're blind and go for a shower with her.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    it sounds like if a "girl' wants you to ask her out than anywhere and anytime is fine...but if she does not NO WHERE NOR AT ANY TIME is it acceptable. good luck guys.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    it sounds like if a "girl' wants you to ask her out than anywhere and anytime is fine...but if she does not NO WHERE NOR AT ANY TIME is it acceptable. good luck guys.

But what if the girl is smiling and appearing to be looking at the guy? So the guy goes up to her and smiles and says hello and she calls the police on him and squirts him in the face with pepper spray because he was being inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. Turns out she was only smiling at her own reflection in the mirror directly behind him and he didn't know.

good point. I guess you have to measure..."is this worth the risk?"

• Motorsheen
    urloved33 wrote: »

But what if the girl is smiling and appearing to be looking at the guy? So the guy goes up to her and smiles and says hello and she calls the police on him and squirts him in the face with pepper spray because he was being inappropriate and making her feel uncomfortable. Turns out she was only smiling at her own reflection in the mirror directly behind him and he didn't know.

Some of us have built up quite a tolerance to pepper spray.