WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Barbara. Hope it was a great day.
    Yesterday I went to lunch with my golf group. After my first bite of steak, I chocked. My friend across the table ask if I was ok and I nodded my head no. Another friend stood up and started yelling help she is chocking, we need someone to do hymlick (sp) Thank God there was a table of 6 nurses sitting next to us. Two of them worked on me and the second one finally got it dislodged. To say it was scary is an understatement. The strange thing is when I got home I started eating all kinds of weird things.
    Thanks Barbie for the new thread. I need to think about a new month and the opportunity I have been given.
    SueBDew in TX

Oh, Sue, that is so scary. So very thankful you are all right. Big hugs. <3

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Just a little reminder about "Woo" for the newcomers, to prevent hurt feelings or misunderstandings ...

As seen in the link below, found in the News and Announcements section ...

"In our community Woo means that you think an idea or approach is too good to be true."

So ... when you "Woo" someone, you disagree with their approach or you don't believe them ... you think what they are saying is too good to be true. In a way it is a "dislike" button. If that's what you mean, then by all means, "Woo" away! But if that's not what you mean, try one of the other choices. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570889/new-community-reaction-woo#latest
  • sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    !!
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    SueBdew- I'm sorry that you went through that scary episode! So glad you had help neat by!

KarenVa- thanks for the information! I think the vertigo is gone now. I didn't know that ear infections were not always painful. (((Hugs))) for missing your mom. I'm sure you felt close to her while you honored her with your meal <3

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Suebdew - Gosh, what a scary experience! I'm not suprised you ate some weird stuff when you got home. <3 So glad you had the right help! Now you are on "bonus time". :D

I'm reading an excellent book at the moment, that my son recommended. (He is taking his reformed life very seriously <3 ).
    The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober - by Catherine Gray. Not that I'm going completely AF , but I am being mindful about when and how I drink. It is very well written and food for thought.
    Along with my AF beers I have discovered Seedlip, which is basically just distilled water infused with essences. Their marketing strategy is to make it insanely expensive ( :#:/ ) but, apart from that, I am finding it delicious and the bottle and design is very elegant. Anything that cuts down on consumption is good.
    I have noted that, of those of us on here who sometimes drink alcohol, it is often the older members who enjoy it the most. Our generation, I guess.

My knee is stiff and a bit sore today from my kettlebell swings yesterday. Boo! I can't run anyway because it is still really snowy out, so I will row or recumbent cycle for my bonus pm calories. It's so annoying that the swings affect my knee. I should just take the time to strap it beforehand. :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Suebdew so glad you are okay, scary.

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka-Do you have on online community in your area? Example; my area has a site called Grand Haven Informed, and it is people asking all kinds of questions like "Is there anyone locally who is a professional organizer?" And the locals all reply with their recommendations. If I were closer, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help you. I love to put things where they need to be. <3 I am with you on the years of work ahead. Last year, for a short time, I thought I may be able to go to part time work in 10-15 years (which would put me at 60-65). But, with my DH not working, and the possibility of him not finding work due to his health, I am thinking I will be working full time until at least 70-75. We will not be able to think about comfortable retirement or travel until the house is paid off.

Not that I know of. But one thing I did discover is that my university has an employment service where employers can post jobs for students. That might be an option! I will check into it.

Funny thing ... my father also offered to help for the price of a flight to Tasmania! Not sure if he is serious or not.

Sometimes I think I might be able to go parttime after my husband retires, but I'm just not confident about the finances. However, we are saving like mad, and he's topping up his employment pension each pay period, and I might start doing the same. So ... we'll see.

I'm glad to hear your knee is feeling better. :)

M in Oz