Uteruses only, no Duderuteruses.

Options

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    The worst thing about being a female with long hair is when you sit at a stoplight and run your hands through your hair all sexy like but then you pull out a couple long strands which you try to drop out the window but there’s no breeze so they stick to your hand and the neighboring car is left wondering if you’re trying to get their attention or flick a booger.

You're my spirit animal.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    The worst thing about being a female with long hair is when you sit at a stoplight and run your hands through your hair all sexy like but then you pull out a couple long strands which you try to drop out the window but there’s no breeze so they stick to your hand and the neighboring car is left wondering if you’re trying to get their attention or flick a booger.

lol... or windy day, long flowing hair... lip gloss!

I don’t actually use lip gloss but it’s game over when it gets in my taco
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    It's always a windy day where I'm from. Today's high wind warning: From 8-5pm:southwest winds of 30-40mph with gusts up to 60mph. Gusts of 75mph+ is a regular occurrence. Even more reason to stick my hair up in pony and call it good.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Blam!
    No dudes allowed.

Come on ladies. Razors vs waxing, hair ties vs scrunchies ...
    Andddddddd GO!

Love the name!!! How's about nair vs. razors or waxing????
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Waxing - you do it yourself or go to a professional? I've never waxed anything, just shaved.

Professional. If you do it yourself, you won’t finish.

I do my own Brazilian with Gigi's hard wax but I'm used to the pain and I do it often enough that it doesn't grow back too much = less pain. The key is holding your skin and getting a good clean pull. That said Yes it still hurts! But I refuse to pay someone to remove everything.
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fisah17 wrote: »
    busyPK wrote: »
    Waxing - you do it yourself or go to a professional? I've never waxed anything, just shaved.

Professional. If you do it yourself, you won’t finish.

I do my own Brazilian with Gigi's hard wax but I'm used to the pain and I do it often enough that it doesn't grow back too much = less pain. The key is holding your skin and getting a good clean pull. That said Yes it still hurts! But I refuse to pay someone to remove everything.

Good lord you’re more woman than I will ever be!!

Lol, doubtful I just need to save that money for boots and hair appointments, extra motivation ;)
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    What about shoes? I LOVE heels, but got lazy and have been wearing sneakers/flats so heels hurt my feet after a quick second. I do wear heeled boots though and real heels at work sometimes.

I suck at heels. If they're wedges or stacked I do better. Anything really pointy or high I'm a gif FAIL waiting to happen. I honestly just don't go too many places super fancy enough for heels. I like fancier or strappy sandles though.

Wedges and stacked heels are very in right now and super cute.

I can’t wait to start wearing my strappy wedges for summer
    My toes need to see some sun

!
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Waxing and threading, let your hair hang long and use a headband to push back bangs when needed.

No makeup, beat for days, or the "natural" makeup look?

Typically no make up, but primer to dull the shine of my skin cream, lip gloss always and eyelash curler to make me look a bit more alive

I wish I didn’t have to wear makeup

You just have to get used to seeing yourself without. When I was young I used to be the girl who always had to have perfectly applied makeup, and I was envious of a friend of mine who wore none. I spent a lot of time touching it up and was self conscious all day that it might be smudged or something.

When you get used to no make up it is freeing. And now I enjoy it on occasion and don't take it as seriously

On the weekends I’m make up free during the day
    But I’m sure I scare everyone that looks haha !

If I had perfect skin forgetaaaboutit
    I’d never wear it

But I was blessed with imperfections
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Well and letting your skin breathe actually helps to improve skin. It's a catch-22.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Waxing and threading, let your hair hang long and use a headband to push back bangs when needed.

No makeup, beat for days, or the "natural" makeup look?

Typically no make up, but primer to dull the shine of my skin cream, lip gloss always and eyelash curler to make me look a bit more alive

I wish I didn’t have to wear makeup

You just have to get used to seeing yourself without. When I was young I used to be the girl who always had to have perfectly applied makeup, and I was envious of a friend of mine who wore none. I spent a lot of time touching it up and was self conscious all day that it might be smudged or something.

When you get used to no make up it is freeing. And now I enjoy it on occasion and don't take it as seriously

On the weekends I’m make up free during the day
    But I’m sure I scare everyone that looks haha !

If I had perfect skin forgetaaaboutit
    I’d never wear it

But I was blessed with imperfections

Sometimes embracing your imperfections is a beautiful and freeing thing

I love you
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Forever ago I cared too much about looking perfect. Taking forever to get ready. Then somewhere I honestly just think I gave up, then I started to care but not as much. Most times I am comfortable enough just leaving as is. I figure if it bothers people so much, don't f-ing look at me. :lol:
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    When it comes to shoes I am definitely a heels girl. The only time you will see me in sneakers is at the gym or tennis court (or running errands immediately after if I don't go home and change first). Occasionally I will run into somebody at the supermarket or Target who will remark "I didn't realize you were so short" because I am still in my tennis shoes. Heels with dresses, heels with jeans, heels with shorts in summer (which is nine months of the year where I live). Friends still talk about the time I chaperoned a school field trip, complete with nature hike through the swamp, in wedge booties. Even my flip flops have to have a wedge. I joke that I have Barbie feet, permanently on tip toe, because I wear heels most of the time. Every time I buy ballet flats or loafers or driving mocs, thinking they will be adorable and so comfy, they end up neglected in the back of my closet.

And I would only go to a pro for waxing.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    When it comes to shoes I am definitely a heels girl. The only time you will see me in sneakers is at the gym or tennis court (or running errands immediately after if I don't go home and change first). Occasionally I will run into somebody at the supermarket or Target who will remark "I didn't realize you were so short" because I am still in my tennis shoes. Heels with dresses, heels with jeans, heels with shorts in summer (which is nine months of the year where I live). Friends still talk about the time I chaperoned a school field trip, complete with nature hike through the swamp, in wedge booties. Even my flip flops have to have a wedge. I joke that I have Barbie feet, permanently on tip toe, because I wear heels most of the time. Every time I buy ballet flats or loafers or driving mocs, thinking they will be adorable and so comfy, they end up neglected in the back of my closet.

And I would only go to a pro for waxing.

I'm not quite this committed, but I do like heels, and if I do wear flats, people will comment all day about how "short" I am.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I think I've given up on heels. I do wear some low heeled boots in the fall-winter but that's as far as I go. I go in and out of makeup phases. I'll show up to work in full glam one day and no makeup the next there is no constant. I used to do my hair all the time but I've also given up on that. Now I just let the frizz fly. I paint my own nails but that's a new thing I do now. I've never waxed but would if I had a reason. Bras are a yes in public but a no at home. I think I'm pretty girly actually. I can go into tom boy phases as well though so who knows. When I wake up in the morning I spin a wheel with high and low maintenance options.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Me too :lol:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It's from Bob's Burgers. Tina goes "if males had uteruses they'd be called duderuteruses" :lol:
    So I stole it!
  • MizzBree
    MizzBree Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!!

Let me look around before I start yapping!
  • MizzBree
    MizzBree Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Soo... on the razor and waxing thing, neither for me.. hair doesn't grow anywhere those are needed ;)

Lucky me or no? :#
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'll play. But if someone starts talking about period panties or diva cups, I'm out.