Uteruses only, no Duderuteruses.

Options

Replies

• Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I won't lie, I wear skirts and dresses all the time, love jewlery and and pretty into fashion. I can't makeup or paint my nails, but I'm pretty into the other stuff.

Nails are my “thing”! Been painting them myself since I was a teen. Currently sitting at 150 different polishes, a new color every few days. I have my short phase and my “stand back I can cut you with these” long phase.

Laser and shaving. Got tired of cutting my underarms up shaving in a hurry.

Bras? At a 32h I can’t publicly go without one!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Razors. Hair ties. 4 levels of over-the-shoulder boulder-holder support from super relaxed to underwire ultra minimizing strap ‘em down hell. I change bras as soon as I get home but almost never go braless.

I go through thousands of these. Where do they go? Who knows. I think the dogs eat some of them.

goody-women-athletique-sweat-stretch-elastics-622422_1024x1024.jpg?v=1500403909
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    So outside of mascara and bras, has anyone experienced and lady injustices today? You know "oh is it that time of the month?" "Ohh look there you little lady, hopes & dreams are for men!"

Me, nada. Which is good.
    Me 1, douches 0.
    :smiley:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I don't really expirience much for lady injustices these days. My retail days I sure did! Daily. Apparently having boobs while selling tools or being the manager makes you less qualified to some people.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I chose a life in which I can avoid those specific situations most of the time. I work and study in programs dedicated to equity and diversity.

In my old job the situations like caco’s were frequent and enraging. We’d all have a meeting. The dudes would roll their eyes when the (more qualified and better informed) women spoke. Then after the meeting they’d have informal dude discussions and change the plan without letting anyone else know. They didn’t announce it, though!

Anyway, I quit.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    No injustices today. Sorry caco, that blows.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don’t run with a bra on if I’m wearing a coat.
    I have only ever shaved. And usually I don’t shave in the winter.
    I love loose ponytails.
    I’m afraid of dark facial hair (but I’ve never had it. Still a fear!)
    People make comments about my weight gain/loss behind my back.
    Periods suck.
    Wanting to be cute but also wanting to wear PJ’s to school/work and not take a shower after a sweaty workout.

Does anybody else like watching horror movies during their period but not after? What about cravings?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'll play. But if someone starts talking about period panties or diva cups, I'm out.
    wtf are "period panties"...do I want to know? My guess is a diaper?

Sorry!!! I'm talking about it!! Not to be a jerk, I adore you and don't mean to annoy

Diva cups premise is disturbing to me

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Apparently my uterus left because I have no effing clue wtf this thread is talking about.
  • beagletracks
    edited March 2018
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Apparently my uterus left because I have no effing clue wtf this thread is talking about.

It's a thread that was created as sort of a satirical response to several "men only" threads. Women can post whatever they want, whether they have a uterus or not. That's how I understand it, anyway. And obviously men can post as well. Intersex people welcome. Come all nonbinary folks! Etc.

The thread is people talking about whatever. Hope this helps! :)

eta: But I only have one ovary, so I may be wrong. ;)
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I feel like i don't deserve a uterus.... I wear jeans, hoodies and gym shoes most of my life, can't remember the last time I painted my nails, wore heels or a skirt/dress. I wear my hair up in a clip almost every day and I only do my makeup if I am seeing people regarding work or a social engagement which is super rare.

Throw the uterus rule book out the window!
    Uterus = Prerogative
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'll play. But if someone starts talking about period panties or diva cups, I'm out.
    wtf are "period panties"...do I want to know? My guess is a diaper?

Sorry!!! I'm talking about it!! Not to be a jerk, I adore you and don't mean to annoy

Diva cups premise is disturbing to me

In a thread titled "uteruses only" the first things I'm going to talk about are uterus-related issues. :lol:

Due to large uterine fibroids I have very heavy periods, and considered period panties for at night, but found a larger size diva cup, and tranexamic acid, and now there's no need.

I love no longer using tampons - the highest capacity tampon is the European OB Ultra, which takes some lead time to get it shipped to me in the US, and is expensive on Amazon. Not to mention no longer having to look at a wastebasket full of tampons for a few days. (I'd feel comfortable flushing the smallest size tampons, but the big ones will clog a toilet.)

I have a regular size cup which is great for spotting and lighter days, and use this big one during Niagara Falls Days: https://gladrags.com/product/451/XO-Flo.html

I also love their washable panty liners.
  • beagletracks
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why do men so often clog the toilet?

Especially puzzling when one takes into account dreaded occasional skid marks indicating not a lot of toilet paper used...
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Breastfeeding messed my boobs up too. Lost 4 cup sizes and became sad sacks of *kitten*.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Maybe Y chromosome based? Boys do it too.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    mij140 wrote: »
    I have no boobs so wearing a bra only enhances the little I have. My three children made them into little pancakes. I guess that’s the price of breastfeeding.

Breastfeeding destroyed mine too. Just roll them up like a cigarette and tuck those babies in there. That’s the only way.

Yes. You feel sorry for my bras. I apologize to them when I put them on because they are in for a tough day.

I’m going to be one of those ladies at the nursing home who tucks them into the waistband of my pants.

I already do that. I’ll be tucking them into my socks by then

My spirit person.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Reporting, but only from a biological perspective. Female, but not very feminine. Makeup confuses me, feminine routines annoy me and boobs (while I have them) just get in my way.

I stick with shaving because all the other options (as read about in a thread I started) terrify me and bras are a necessity when going out, but I sleep without them and wander around my house most days without.

While I have a uterus, I wish I didn't. It's been nothing but a pain in the *kitten* from the get-go, lol. I think other "uteruses" could agree with me. :D

Would like to be more feminine, but I just don't think that's me.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have heard great things about the Diva Cup...but you can’t teach an old *kitten* new tricks. I figure at almost 49, I don’t have that many cycles left, so I might as well stick with my tampons through menopause.

I never realized MFP changed “offensive” words to “kitten” automatically. My “kitten” was meant to be a perfectly legitimate term for a female dog. But way to change species MFP.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

It's a (joking) way of having a girls only club house but anyone can actually hang out. Talk about whatever. Burnt toast, PITA neighbor, maybe being a woman just sucks sometimes, maybe you're on the hunt for a new deodorant, etc. Anything goes! :smile: