Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I was playing around in my graphics program and came up with this...
    Someone else said they have a friend that might make one, if they do, we can take a vote. :smile:

HHCCGroup2.jpg

I really like that
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Ok everybody. Here is the link to the Google doc for everyone's stats. I've put in everything I've got so far. If you see something missing for you, just send me a message or post to this thread. I was a bit unclear in the beginning about what I wanted from everyone (bit of a frenzy getting this going- it's my first time heading up a challenge).

I've put together the spreadsheet for the first 10 weeks. At the end of 10 weeks I'll reformat for the second half. I just figured splitting it into two sheets would be easiest, as it would be a huge webpage otherwise.

There are some GREAT goals on here and everyone seems really excited. :)

Here's the link. Just copy/paste into your browser and it should take you directly to the webpage. From there, just bookmark it for future reference. I'll update with all of the additional info that's missing as I get it. Otherwise, it'll be updated on Mondays when everyone sends in their weigh-in info!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AgH_EdnmbANmdGVMOWtxMUY4M3NleGt3c2xGTVgtNFE&output=html
    i see the spread sheet, looks cool, im no good with computers lol! i never put my nsv because i couldnt think of 1 as i have a few but i would like it 2 b that i will have a flat tummy n gr8 muscles!!!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Ok everybody. Here is the link to the Google doc for everyone's stats. I've put in everything I've got so far. If you see something missing for you, just send me a message or post to this thread. I was a bit unclear in the beginning about what I wanted from everyone (bit of a frenzy getting this going- it's my first time heading up a challenge).

I've put together the spreadsheet for the first 10 weeks. At the end of 10 weeks I'll reformat for the second half. I just figured splitting it into two sheets would be easiest, as it would be a huge webpage otherwise.

Here's the link. Just copy/paste into your browser and it should take you directly to the webpage. From there, just bookmark it for future reference. I'll update with all of the additional info that's missing as I get it. Otherwise, it'll be updated on Mondays when everyone sends in their weigh-in info!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AgH_EdnmbANmdGVMOWtxMUY4M3NleGt3c2xGTVgtNFE&output=html
    i see the spread sheet, looks cool, im no good with computers lol! i never put my nsv because i couldnt think of 1 as i have a few but i would like it 2 b that i will have a flat tummy n gr8 muscles!!!
    also another nsv is 2 b able to run 2.5 miles non stop, I fast walk non stop going 2 visit my mum n dad but i would love 2 run it non stop!
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options

The spread sheet looks GREAT! We are to report our weight each Monday and you will update the spread sheet?
    Starting another challenge really motivated me yesterday and today I am sore! Will take it a little easier today.

I have read that some of you have HRM, can you tell me what you have and what you like/dislike about the one you have. I need to get one that I can use for everything.

The banner idea is awesome. I have no talent in that area so will leave that for those who do!

About the picture idea. My first thought was ohhh no. But I have been thinking about it ..........Back in March before I joined MFP I was given a snap shot of myself and hubby close up. I thought ewwwh my face looks so full/fat. Then we were at an event in June and was given another snap shot of us close up. Wow what a difference. The scale doesn't show it but you can really tell a difference in my face. So, I am thinking I will take some pictures now and then maybe later. Don't guarantee that I will post them. I will do this so I will see the difference over time. I also took my measurements last weekend for the first time ever. Perfect timing!

Logging what I eat really helps me realize what I am putting into my body and I think twice (sometimes:blushing: ). Now that the weather has cooled off some my water intake has dropped!:noway:

Take control for Tuesday, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, this is very organized! I agree, I definitely feel more motivated being part of the group :) I took a before picture, but we'll see how I feel about posting it ad an after by Christmas haha! Just a suggestion, but we could also try fun weekly challenges of the body rocker variety just to have short term goals within the long term. Good luck today everyone!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I didnt mean to make anyone uncomfortable, i just thought itd be a fun incentive suggestion. i didnt mean to make anyone feel self conscious

You didn't make me self conscious love, I promise!!! I'm just pissed at myself and don't want any pictures. This is my second rodeo. April 2009 I weighed in at my heaviest, 245 lbs. At that point I hit rock bottom and I literally worked my butt off. By November I dropped 90 lbs and I was at a healthy 155 lbs. I did it all on my own (didn't know about MFP) and by that point I was burned out and quit working out. By this past May I ballooned up to 214 lbs. This time WILL be different because I have a wonderful support group here at MFP and I now know about maintenance. We are all going to ROCK this!!!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! This is very well organized and I think I'm more excited about making my NSVs than actually loosing weight.......I know, shocker, huh? :noway: :laugh:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I was playing around in my graphics program and came up with this...
    Someone else said they have a friend that might make one, if they do, we can take a vote. :smile:

HHCCGroup2.jpg

I think it looks great too!!

Are we going to have weekly challenges?? If so we should get one going for this week ASAP! :)
  • Imannott
    Imannott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is Great. I have my water ready to go and packed a great lunch. I was going to walk at lunch but it's raining here now. I will do my DVD workout when I get home.

I think mini-goals inside of the bigger goal would be fun.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Can I change my NSV? I'm a size 10 right now, and I'm thinking in 4 months I will definitely be able to rock a size 8, but I think I want to push for a size 6!

So my new NSV = One piece of FAB clothing in a size 6... and I don't care if it's stretchy material as long as the tag says 6!

PS I love the banner! How do you put it on your signature?
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can I change my NSV? I'm a size 10 right now, and I'm thinking in 4 months I will definitely be able to rock a size 8, but I think I want to push for a size 6!

So my new NSV = One piece of FAB clothing in a size 6... and I don't care if it's stretchy material as long as the tag says 6!

It's been updated. :)
  • corgifan
    Options

I changed your NSV for you in the Google doc. :)
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Same here... how do I add it?
  • corgifan
    Options
    I LOVE the idea of mini challenges. Maybe we could start them next week when we post our first weigh-in? I have a couple sneaky things in mind. :)
  • corgifan
    Options
    Sorry for any multiple postings! MFP keeps telling me that posts can't be blank, yet apparently it was just erasing what I'd written and still publishing it. The site is driving me crazy today!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

well you can do 1 of 2 things.

1) save to you desktop, then upload it to an image program like image shack or photobucket, then use the IMG code & put it in your signature... making sure you change the IMG at the beginning and end to lower case

OR

2) i can post the code here for you to use but you need to change the IMG at the beginning and end to lower case
    then add it to your signature
    code: HHCCGroup2.jpg

Editing signature: click the comminity tab, then click the signature link... add code.
    plz be aware youre only allowed so many characters in your signature, so you may have to remove something
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

1) save to you desktop, then upload it to an image program like image shack or photobucket, then use the IMG code & put it in your signature... making sure you change the IMG at the beginning and end to lower case

OR

2) i can post the code here for you to use but you need to change the IMG at the beginning and end to lower case

Editing signature: click the comminity tab, then click the signature link... add code.
    plz be aware youre only allowed so many characters in your signature, so you may have to remove something

Thank you! Now... let's see if I did it right!
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options

OR

Thanks! The banner is great.

-Linda
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yay the banner worked in my signature :smile:
    I used the code you posed IMYarnCraz33, is that ok?

This is exiting, defiantly want to smash this challenge. I did an hours swimming today, being in a challenge group is sooo motivating! :happy:
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love the pretty graphic! I am leaving for a cruise Saturday and will not have internet access next Monday, so I will submit my weight on Saturday if that's okay.