Options
    3/1: 2.4k -as warmup for strength training-
    3/2: 8.1k -Easy-
    3/3: 10.5k -Treadmill easy-
    3/4: 5k -Easy with company-
    3/5: 4.1k -as w/u and c/d fom HIIT-
    3/6: 7.23k -Not so easy-

Goal: 37.3/120k

Today's run felt tired from yesterday's HIIT. Very good workout for sure, but I feel it will mess with my run-lift training sequence since it sucks my energy big time. Upper body lifting this afternoon and I think I must deload this week to get some muscle rest.

Stay free of injuries!

Upcoming races:
    4/1: Alexander the Great 10k Thessaloniki
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @garygse Hope for fast recovery mate!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Since I've been out of running for so long, I'm literally starting from scratch, which includes the shin splints... :confused: Any advice???

exercise.png

1/3: 1.96kms (walk at lunch)
    2/3: Nothing besides 10K+ steps
    3/3: REST
    4/3: 4.95kms (C25K: Wk1 Day1), felt great to get back out there despite the cold + 30 mins yoga stretches
    5/3: 4.52kms (brisk walk)
    6/3: 30 mins yoga stretches

TOTAL : 11.43 / 50 kms goal

Races:

19/4-30/4: Zombies Run! App 2018 Spring Virtual Run
    22/9: “Coureurs des Bois” Obstacle Course Challenge (not signed up yet)
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    boe4boypgveo.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk - ouch!!! I've not dropped weights on my feet before, but have on my fingers. Can't imagine how bad that hurt on your foot!

Beautiful morning out - 4.5 miles with intervals.

3/1 - rest day
    3/2 - 5 miles + Strength training - W6-C
    3/3 - 26 miles cycling
    3/4 - 3 miles + strength training -w6-D
    3/5 - 3.5 miles + strength training W7-A
    3/6 - 4.5 miles

exercise.png

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Since I've been out of running for so long, I'm literally starting from scratch, which includes the shin splints... :confused: Any advice???

How are your shoes? I get shin splints when my shoes are old.

Go slow and stretch.
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    kaspan wrote: »
    3/1: 2.53
    3/2: Rest
    3/3: 2.78
    3/4: Rest
    3/5: 3.1
    Total: 8.41/25

3.1 miles is my best distance yet. I had to slow to a brisk walk twice going up hills, but only for a minute so I'm still calling it a win!

Awesome! Well done!
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKEl0vb/exercise.png

Ran/walked almost 2 miles. I wore different shoes. Today my left foot/ankle were bothering me. It was the bottom of my foot that was sore. My left knee has also been the knee causing me problems since picking up running a few weeks ago. I've been doing stretching. Would next step be PT to get advice on the exact problem and what to do about it?

Make sure you have the right shoes. Some stores do gait assessment to make sure you are wearing the right style for the way you walk/ run.

https://www.runnersneed.com/expert-advice/gear-guides/gait-analysis.html
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Ouch @hanlonsk Hope you recover soon.
  • Ldevpic
    Ldevpic Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just got back on the treadmill, ran 4.25 miles on Sunday. Can anyone tell me how to use the tickers?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Ldevpic wrote: »
    Just got back on the treadmill, ran 4.25 miles on Sunday. Can anyone tell me how to use the tickers?

See the first post for this and other information:

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
    Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
    Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
    Then where it says "Your current cumulative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumulative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
    Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
    2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
    3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
    4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

How are your shoes? I get shin splints when my shoes are old.

Go slow and stretch.

Thanks, I'm trying to go slow and definitely stretching! Didn't think of the shoes. Doh!