40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    I am 47 (almost 48) and have been overweight almost my entire life. I lost 135 lbs 5 years ago and regained 60 of it back. I got complacent, made bad food decisions and stopped working out - a recipe for failure. I am determined to get into the best shape of my life by age 50. Repeat C25K survivor and newly christened gym rat.
  • MissFit39
    MissFit39 Posts: 71 Member
    How did I not find this thread before? I'm 41, guess I better update my username :) I love lifting and spinning! I feel the best I think I have ever in my life. It'd be great to have some new friends, especially ones that understand what it's like to be 40!!!!! I need some extra motivation, I'm getting ready for a big vacay and somehow theres a few extra pounds on that scale!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

@Caramel - I'm going to add "Eye of the Tiger" to my cycling playlist.

Getting a bit antsy to start outdoor sessions, but for now I'm continuing to ride the bike and run indoors. Today's snowfall isn't helping.

Scale is moving in the right direction. Since January, I've made slow but steady progress towards my racing weight. At this point, 8 more lbs dropped would be good, 10 lb would be even better. :)

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Greetings kids, It was nice to have the gym mostly to myself due to snowfall this morning.
    Larro welcome back, we missed you. I couldn't stop laughing about your rendition of puppy play. I have a real puppy. I see there are a lot of newbies, welcome. Sdereski, beautiful photo. Allen Priest, how's your daughter doing? Gam3rguy, when is the next event for you? Djproulx, it's something about Eye of the Tiger that gets my motor running. Have a great night kids.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    larrodarro wrote: »
    . . . . . . I am sore and sleepy from late night puppy play...lol.

I'm hoping you got a dog, and this is not code for some kinky stuff us old folks don't need to be hearing. lol

Hello friend. There is now 203 pounds of Larro, and I logged in to get that back down a stone or two. I'm starting a modified 5-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. {today is my first day. Calorie totals are yet to be determined}

Nice rainy day here on the Larro Ranchero. I've been transplanting pepper plants this morning. Camping tonight down at my river camp. Small amount of work work in the morning, then lunch with Margie and hiking and camping at Torreya State Park tomorrow.

Got to run. My lovely wife is giving me the high sign lunch is ready. {I know I say this ever time, but I'll try to say hey more often}

Larro

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures on the ranch!
  • BettyM1017
    sdereski wrote: »
    Welcome to the new "cool kids". :)

Did a beautiful hike on Sunday. We had wall to wall sunshine, and because of the mild weather, the trail had hardened, so we didn't require snowshoes. Walked on the frozen lake and checked out all the ice caves and iced rock faces.

Yesterday, struggled to get a 5km run in. Ugh. Why are some days so hard. I managed 5.7km, but seriously, was so not into it.

A bad run is still better than no run! Love the pictures. I miss snow...but not that much, lol!
  • BettyM1017
    parjolka wrote: »
    Guys you really have great time here!Are you sure y'all are 40+? greetings from the other end of the world,Jena.

A lot of us are 50+! Age is just a number and shouldn't stop us from living life to its fullest.
  • BettyM1017
    Yesterday was another day of CG Peak Week, but it was my favorite because it was Weightless Wednesday. Always a good workout!

Yesterday was also full of surprises like a couple rounds of disc golf and a little rock climbing. I accomplished absolutely nothing on my day off. It was awesome! Lol!

Today is a nice easy 5-mile run. The weather is nice and cool and perfect!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited March 2018
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Cardio 1 & Core 1"=Done!
    No stupid internet connection!
    Had to dig out the stupid DVDs!
    THIS is why an all digital, all streaming future is stupid!
    No I’m not gonna stream workouts on my stupid phone!
    Also...shoveled snow.
  • gam3rguy
    Greetings kids, It was nice to have the gym mostly to myself due to snowfall this morning.
    Larro welcome back, we missed you. I couldn't stop laughing about your rendition of puppy play. I have a real puppy. I see there are a lot of newbies, welcome. Sdereski, beautiful photo. Allen Priest, how's your daughter doing? Gam3rguy, when is the next event for you? Djproulx, it's something about Eye of the Tiger that gets my motor running. Have a great night kids.

Spartan Beast on April 28th!!!

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Still no gym here (cold still lingering a bit), hoping maybe for tomorrow....in the meantime have fit a couple nice walks in to at least get moving and just trimmed back on my calories until the workouts can re-commence.
  • BettyM1017
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Also...shoveled snow.

This is why I drug my feet signing up for BOD. I didn't want to have to depend on internet service for my workouts. I like having the DVDs on hand.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

larrodarro - how come you “disappear”?

Lifted HeAVy today! BOOM!
    Poor time management skills. If I sit down at the PC, I can write off an hour or two.

• larrodarro
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    larrodarro wrote: »
    . . . . . . I am sore and sleepy from late night puppy play...lol.

I'm hoping you got a dog, and this is not code for some kinky stuff us old folks don't need to be hearing. lol

Hello friend. There is now 203 pounds of Larro, and I logged in to get that back down a stone or two. I'm starting a modified 5-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. {today is my first day. Calorie totals are yet to be determined}

Nice rainy day here on the Larro Ranchero. I've been transplanting pepper plants this morning. Camping tonight down at my river camp. Small amount of work work in the morning, then lunch with Margie and hiking and camping at Torreya State Park tomorrow.

Got to run. My lovely wife is giving me the high sign lunch is ready. {I know I say this ever time, but I'll try to say hey more often}

Larro

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures on the ranch!

I got some good trail pictures today. Haven't loaded them yet. Had to go cover up my subterranean solar sprout chamber due to frost advisories. I spent half a day doing those pepper sprouts. Don't want to lose them now.
  • larrodarro
    edited March 2018
    This is from a section of the Florida Trail close to the house. The Ranchero is about a mile away on the other side of the river. This was last month.

• larrodarro
    edited March 2018
    I've been gone so long I forgot how to load pictures. lol

Darn Tough on the Florida Trail

j2nc77plud1s.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Daughter suffered a concussion and soft tissue injuries from the drunk driver. Recovery is slow and not steady.
  • gam3rguy
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Also...shoveled snow.

This is why I drug my feet signing up for BOD. I didn't want to have to depend on internet service for my workouts. I like having the DVDs on hand.

I don't pay for it. they upgraded my membership "at no additional charge". don't know why and they didn't say it expires. it works most of the time...this time the issue was on my end. the internet was out all over town. it's back now...but chugging. the on demand kept getting stuck...so I just loaded the DVD in. but yea...i want my discs, tapes and cartriges. books i don't care as much...unless they're comics. no digital comics!

"22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 2"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Friday kids, I had my can kicked today, 1051 reps total. 1 minute on 30 seconds rest, kettleball swings, plate presses, hammer curls, push ups, slamballs, trx rows, kettleball suit case lifts, side raise, slamball with taps and TRX front squats. My competition was myself. Each set, the goal was to beat the last. It took me to my limits. Have a great weekend kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    wow, larro- if you have forgotten how to upload photos, you HAVE been gone too long.

Wow, caramel, 1051 reps?!? oh my goodness. That is AwEsOMe!!

Today, I lifted. BOoM.

...my lululemon order arrived. So did my sport chek order. I have a LOT of new workout wear!! Yippeeeeee!!